Springsteen Survivor Final Round 20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite

• Born to Run

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jungleland

• Atlantic City

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Badlands is out.

Interference Springsteen top 29:

6. Badlands
7. The River
8. Backstreets
9. Incident on 57th Street
10. Promised Land
11. Candy’s Room
12. Lost In the Flood
13. Spirit In the Night
14. Born in the USA
15. Because the Night
16. Tunnel of Love
17. For You
18. Nebraska
19. Streets of Philadelphia
20. Two Hearts
21. Thundercrack
22. Devils and Dust
23. Reason to Believe
24. Brilliant Disguise
26. Darkness on the Edge of Town
26. Trapped
27. Ghost of Tom Joad
29. Better Days
29. Long Time Comin'

Vote for your LEAST favorite.

Oh boy. I'm going to wait and see how people vote, but I'm leaning towards Atlantic City right now.

I don't know that Atlantic City is my fourth favorite Bruce song, but I don't know that I want to see a top 3 that's all from the same album.

Born to Run is an amazing album, of course, but come on! :lol:

I think this may the first time I've voted for an E Street Shuffle song since the E Street Shuffle round. :lol: See ya, Rosalita. :sad:

I'll be happy to vote against Born To Run next round, if anyone's interested.

Probably not, but you never know.

I like Jungleland and Atlantic City best of the remaining songs.

I'll be happy to vote against Born To Run next round, if anyone's interested.

2851814771_38b1ff5e57.jpg

Frankly, if BTR doesn't win this survivor, I would personally consider it a waste of time. I realize that sounds hyperbolic, but I don't think Bruce has written another song that touches it, that comes close to matching the level of unbridled joy and excitement contained in that song. Love, rebellion, energy, ambition...it's what I consider rock to be all about, contained in a single four minute track. It's not only my favorite Bruce song, but among my top 5 favorite songs written by anyone, any genre. I wouldn't be voting in this survivor without it, as it pretty much instantaneously made me a fan of his work.

For the record, I'm voting Thunder Road next round. Superb intro to one of the best albums ever made, and that first verse never fails to choke me up, but I don't consider it THE Born To Run song in the way that I do the title track. The second half of Jungleland is one of Bruce's greatest moments, and Atlantic City is a masterpiece (probably my second favorite track here), so those will have to wait.

Ha!

Well, I like the song, and I respect where you're coming from, but I guess I'm slightlly bored with it. It doesn't move me quite in the same way that Jungleland, Atlantic City, Backstreets, Badlands, and a few other Bruce songs move me.

But I do recognize it's one of the most popular songs in Bruce Springsteen's canon, and I'm OK with that. It would probably make my top 10 Springsteen list. But I like some of his songs better.

all the stuff that made it to the final rounds from darkness, with the exception of thunder road, i like better than the born to run stuff. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom