Springsteen sells out 7 Giants Stadium shows in 1 day.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, thats odd, seeing as I was just able to pull up tickets for every single Giants Stadium show on Ticketmaster except the first one??? What is the source of this info, it is not correct.

Last edited:
the sources were cnn and rollingstone.com... they just added 8th and 9th giants stadium shows today due to the first 7 selling out... but i was just able to pull up a few tickets from each of the shows too :scratch:

guess it's a case of them calling it a sell out even though there's still a few seats left... that or they opened up more seats, which they're known to do... i dunno... still impresive, and the few remaing seats and the 8th and 9th shows will go, and that's gonna put the total ticket sales over 600,000 for one act in one venue.

rolling stone is also reporting now that the 8th and 9th shows will make this the most shows at a single venue in rock tour history

Last edited:
8th and 9th show!? :ohmy:

that's insane...i wish i was going...

*resists urge to post bruuuczilla in this thread*

Yes, Bruce is going to set the record for most "Stadium" shows at the same venue. That is completely true. But these shows are far from soldout at the moment. Most will probebly be a sellout or close to a sellout by showtime but to say they soldout in a day is completely false. For at least half of them right now, half of the upper deck is empty.

I agree that it is still impressive. But this is also Bruce's hometown show. How many stadium shows do you think U2 could sellout in Dublin if they really wanted to push it? I think it would be a similiar number.

Blue Room is right. All but the first couple shows still have many seats available. It's a good marketing ploy to get people to buy more tickets (and better tickets). they reported that he sold 7 shows out the first day and when I looked all but the first one showed pretty much empty upper decks.

um... i can still find tickets for most of the shows on ticketmaster, this is true... but to say most of the upper deck for most of these shows is still open, how would you even know that? there's like 20,000 seats in the upper deck at Giants Stadium... so even if 19,000 seats are sold, there'd still be 1000 tickets remaining. there's no spot on ticketmaster where they actually show what's been sold and what hasn't been... you can either buy tickets or you can't. the associated press reported this same story that mtv, cnn and rolling stone did, about the shows selling out in a day, so there must be some truth behind it. they probably held a couple thousand tickets for each show off, and only opened them up after all the initial seats sold. but to say most of the upper deck is still available just because you can find tickets for the show is wrong. i don't think all the ap and cnn would report a story if it wasn't based on fact.

Trust me, most shows are far from being soldout. I'am not saying they wont be close or soldout by August. But they are not right now.

As far as CNN being wrong?? What world do you live in. They are wrong or full of half truths 50% of the time. Also all these organizations get their news from each other or the same source. So just because several sources report it, it doesnt mean it is accurate.

Look, its still impressive and most of these shows will have very large crowds. But saying they sold out in a day is completely false. Someone probebly said one sold out or a few and the rest are selling fast. The press and Bruce's PR would run with that to make it sound dramatic.

But PLEASE do not believe everything the press says is the absolute truth or completely correct.

Last edited:
BTW...its up to 10 shows now.
As for the sold out argument...on Saturday no tickets were left available (or scattered singles) initially. Obviously some were held back and subsequently released, this happens all the time, but usually not as soon as a couple of days later.
And promoters will list a show as sold out if a certain percentage of tix are sold (something in the 90s), but often some seats will be available.

Like I said, some of the shows are probebly sold out. But a few of the middle ones are nowhere near, I'am telling you. If you dont want to believe it that is fine. As I said before most will be sellouts or near sellouts by showtime.

I just wonder when he will announce the rest of the N. American tour. I want to get my tickets!

It's patriotic to like Bruce Springsteen now, you know. :sexywink:

That is definitely a feat, though.

Melon

hey blue room...

But PLEASE do not believe everything the press says is the absolute truth or completely correct.

ya know, i could take that and run with it. after all i've listened to the detroit news and free press and the biased morons on wjr talk about how great the university of michigan is at, oh i don't know, everything, is it completely false or full of half truths?

you're just another ann arbor cynic.

i forgot to hit the quote button, sorry...

i guess i'm another east lansing moron...

cheer up blue room. i think it's great that people are buying 10 show's worth of tickets. that's 10 shows worth of beers, hot dogs, t shirts...

seriously though, bruce should be in charge of the u.s. if he told people to go buy cars, they would.

U2ME3 said:

do some research into the lyrics to pretty much everything on "the rising", most notably "empty sky" and the picture that inspired "into the fire"

Blue Room said:

I just wonder when he will announce the rest of the N. American tour. I want to get my tickets!
Probably announced this week, with some onsales Saturday 3-15.

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:

Did anyone hear about how the Dixie Chicks just made some record for number shows sold out in one day? I really dont know what to think about all of that.

One of my coworkers is trying desperately to get box seats from a lobbyist. :crack:

Back
Top Bottom