Springsteen, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had heard about the screenings, but none were near me.

I've since watched the entire DVD. Brings back great memories of the show I saw. I just wish he had come back to the U.S. for a second leg.

Something tells me he'll do another album and tour like this in the future. I'm liking how he alternates his style on each album now - it really keeps things fresh and makes the anticipation for E Street's return even greater.

This is in USA Today. I don't know if they're songs they actually recorded together, it seems so from this but who knows. Pete Seeger is 88 but according to Wikipedia he still performs occasionally.

Two new albums coming this fall feature the first recordings that pair Bruce Springsteen and Pete Seeger. Appleseed Recordings, known for contributing a percentage of its profits to charitable organizations, is releasing Sowing the Seeds: The 10th Anniversary Sampler (Sept. 11), which focuses on songs surrounding social justice, and Feels Like Home (Sept. 25) is devoted to the plight of the homeless.

Yeah, I heard about that. I believe the songs were recorded some time ago now.

Bruce was spotted in Atlanta with Brendan O'Brien at Tom Morello's Nightwatchman show the other night. That can only mean one thing!

Here's more specific information regarding those two compilations coming out:

SPRINGSTEEN & SEEGER TEAM UP ON TWO TRACKS
Yeah, we thought it was gonna be a busy fall. In addition to whatever else we might be waiting for, we'll be getting new Springsteen recordings on two different albums from Appleseed Recordings, both with Pete Seeger. With all the Seeger-this and Seeger-that of the last year, it's been a little strange that Bruce and Pete haven't actually done anything together along the way. That changes in September, with the release of two Springsteen/Seeger collaborations as Appleseed celebrates its ten-year mark:

Sowing the Seeds: The 10th Anniversary (due Sept. 11)
A two-disc set will feature Seeger and Springsteen's new take on "The Ghost of Tom Joad," plus: "Bring Them Home" by Seeger, Billy Bragg, Ani DiFranco, Steve Earle & Anne Hills; several unreleased Seeger cuts; and more from artists like Jackson Browne, Joan Baez, Tom Paxton, Tim Robbins, Bruce Cockburn, Donovan, and Ramblin' Jack Elliott.

Feels Like Home (due September 25)
Another various artists compilation, this one devoted to the plight of the homeless, has Seeger and Springsteen doing "Hobo's Lullaby." They're backed by the Sessions Band on this one, a Goebel Reeves song notably performed by Woody and Arlo Guthrie. Other artists include Jon Bon Jovi, Natalie Merchant, Bonnie Raitt, and Buffalo Tom; some of them are paired with artists who are or were once homeless. The album is part of the Give US Your Poor campaign, raising funds and awareness to fight homelessness.

September is shaping up to be a busy Bruce month.

Latest rumor from Backstreets:

Springsteen and Scialfa to release brand new albums

Incessant rumours on the internet indicate a new Bruce Springsteen album is on the way soon, and some have even given the Sept.4th date as possible release date. But it seems, according to various sources, that this might not be correct.

Apparently Sept. 4th is the date for a new Patti Scialfa album, and Bruce's new album would be released the first days of October, followed by a 6-week tour in the US and 2 weeks of shows in Europe before the end of the year. Of course, take this with a grain of salt, as nothing is set in stone until an official announcement arrives, but this seems to be the plan, at least if we believe in several industry sources we've asked.

Meanwhile, Springsteen has been spotted twice in the last days. First at the A Capella Book store in Atlanta, where he spent $300 in books, according to the Atlanta Journal.

I want an E Street Band tour. I shall only see Bruce as the lord intended it to be so. :drool:

I did not do well on the test: 4/10

~feels ashamed~

Songbook:

1. Blinded By The Light - Manfred Mann's Earth Band
2. For You - Greg Kihn
3. Fire - Pointer Sisters
4. Jeannie Need A Shooter - Warren Zevon
5. Light Of Day - Little River Band
6. Angelyne - Gary U.S. Bonds
7. From Small Things, Big Things Come - Dave Edmunds
8. Born To Run - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
9. Reason To Believe - Beat Farmers
10. State Trooper - Cowboy Junkies
11. Factory - The Arizona Smoke Revue
12. Thougher Than The Rest - Everything But The Girl
13. Mansion On The Hill - Emmylou Harris And The Nash Ramblers
14. Homestead - Joe Grushecky

I hadn't heard of this either...

Frankie Goes to Hollywood singing Born to Run :ohmy:

I got 9 out of 10. I didn't know who didn't appear on the Bruce Spingsteen songbook CD.

April, it's a CD of Springsteen covers by other artists that was released quite a long time ago, although I'm sure you figured that out. It's been out of print for a while now, and that may be a good thing. :wink:

And it's funny you posted this, because with tons of people out of the office today, I was bored as well and for the last 30 minutes was watching live clips of Bruce and the E Street Band on youtube.

:D

phanan said:
I got 9 out of 10. I didn't know who didn't appear on the Bruce Spingsteen songbook CD.

April, it's a CD of Springsteen covers by other artists that was released quite a long time ago, although I'm sure you figured that out. It's been out of print for a while now, and that may be a good thing. :wink:

And it's funny you posted this, because with tons of people out of the office today, I was bored as well and for the last 30 minutes was watching live clips of Bruce and the E Street Band on youtube.

:D

The fact that Frankie Goes To Hollywood was one of the choices makes me agree with you on that entire "out of print" thing, lol.

ESB :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom