Springsteen, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nightsong said:
Congrats! I'd love to hear some more details :)

Ditto! :D

Especially since I'm going to my first Bruce concert in 19 days! :hyper:

Nightsong said:

Congrats! I'd love to hear some more details :)

With pleasure :yes:
That's the setlist:

1. Atlantic City
2. John Henry
3. Oh Mary Don't You Weep
4. Old Dan Tucker
5. Further On (Up The Road)
6. Jesse James
7. Cadillac Ranch
8. FACTORY
9. My Oklahoma Home
10. Erie Canal
11. Devils & Dust
12. Mrs McGrath
13. How Can A Poor Man Stand Such Times And Live?
14. Jacob's Ladder
15. Bobby Jean
16. Open All Night
17. Pay Me My Money Down
18. My City Of Ruins
19. You Can Look (but you better not touch)
20. When The Saints Go Marchin In
21. This Little Light Of Mine
22. American Land

It was a beautiful Night, my best concert ever :love:
Bruce is so cool!! Everyone should see the Boss!

I really love Devils&Dust from that night... And Factory, wow, amazing.
I'm still in shock, I haven't worlds :lol:
And you know...I don't speak english very well, so it's hard to explain my emotions.
Four world: I LOVE BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN! :wink:

Listen to BRUCE!!!

Glad to hear you had a great time at your BRUCE show, Miss Hewson :)

Italian Radio Webcast

Italian radio station is replaying via webcast one of the shows, maybe it will be the one from Perugia! (at least I think that's what this means :) freetranslation.com translated http://www.radio.rai.it/radio1/radiounomusica/news.cfm?Q_EV_ID=189249&Q_TIP_ID=187
into the following. I guess BRUCE is italian for caterpillars ? :)

RADIO1 OFFICIAL PARTNER OF THE Italian TOUR OF CATERPILLARS SPRINGSTEEN WITH THE SEEGER SESSIONS BAND A CONCERT IN WAVE IN EXCLUSIVE
FRIDAY 13 OCTOBER FROM THE HOURS 21.00

Friday 13 October, from the hours 21:00 about, Radio1 will transmit in exclusive a concert from the Italian tour of Caterpillars Springsteen with the Seeger Sessions Band. Radio1 is radio partner officer of the tour of the large American rocker, for the first time in Italy with a number record of 7 concerts, from 1 to october 10, to propose the historical repertory folk, blues and gospel of its land. The concert in wave Friday 13 October is presented from Gerardo Cloth.

Radio1 proposes a radio event without precedents. The show of Caterpillars Springsteen with the Seeger Sessions Band, in tour in our country with the music of the attractive album "We Shall Overcome - The Seeger Sessions", in which the largest narrator of the American rock modern reread the repertory of the venerable old man of the folk music Pete Seeger, an of the key figures of the culture populate some States United in the twentieth century: traditional pieces, That they learn them to school and they sing them in the occasions of party or of civil participation, that the bitter Boss has reinterpretato in joyful key, dragging, vital and fascinated, surrounded from a large band. Unanimous tradition and shared some Americans, that lives of a new light with Springsteen and the its. The new Italian tour (the Boss had touched italy to May) it is loosened for quite seven concerts october 1 to Bologna, 2 to Turin, 4 to Udine, 5 to Verona, 7 to Perugia, the 8 to Caserta and 10 in Rome. With Springsteen on the platform there are 17 musicians: Sam Bardfeld (violin), Art Baron (tuba), Brown Frank (guitar), Jeremy Chatzky (low), Larry Eagle (battery), Clark Gayton (trombone), Jordanian Charles (accordion, keyboards), Curtis King (choruses), Greg Liszt (banjo), worn out Lowell (choruses), Eddie Manion (sax), Cindy Mizell (choruses), Curt Ramm (trumpet), Marty Rifkin (guitar pedal steel), Agreements Scialfa (choruses), Mark Thompson (choruses) and Soozie Tyrell (violin). Realized from Rainet

Italian Radio Webcast

Last edited:
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Hey, long time no see! How are you these days?

You're in for one hell of a time in 19 days! :up:

:wave: Hey April!

Yeah, long time no see - doing great here, got my M.Sc., got a job! :D:up:

How about yourself? :)

Miss Hewson said:
With pleasure
That's the setlist:

1. Atlantic City
2. John Henry
3. Oh Mary Don't You Weep
4. Old Dan Tucker
5. Further On (Up The Road)
6. Jesse James
7. Cadillac Ranch
8. FACTORY
9. My Oklahoma Home
10. Erie Canal
11. Devils & Dust
12. Mrs McGrath
13. How Can A Poor Man Stand Such Times And Live?
14. Jacob's Ladder
15. Bobby Jean
16. Open All Night
17. Pay Me My Money Down
18. My City Of Ruins
19. You Can Look (but you better not touch)
20. When The Saints Go Marchin In
21. This Little Light Of Mine
22. American Land

It was a beautiful Night, my best concert ever
Bruce is so cool!! Everyone should see the Boss!

I really love Devils&Dust from that night... And Factory, wow, amazing.
I'm still in shock, I haven't worlds
And you know...I don't speak english very well, so it's hard to explain my emotions.
Four world: I LOVE BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN!

Wauh, sounds great! :hyper: Thanks for posting! :D

:bump:

Bruce in Copenhagen Denmark 28th October:

368200_large.jpg

ImageHandlerServlet.jpg

ImageHandlerServlet2.jpg

ImageHandlerServlet3.jpg

What an amazing concert, it was really, really great! :hyper:

And Bruce is actually quite :combust: - April, why didn't you tell me that? :wink:

And the setlist...

John Henry
Old Dan Tucker
Atlantic City
Eyes on the Prize
Jesse James
O Mary Don't You Weep
Love of Common People
Bobby Jean
Erie Canal
My Oklahoma Home
Devils & Dust
Mrs. McGrath
How Can A Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live?
Jacob's Ladder
Long Time Comin'
Open All Night
Pay Me My Money Down

Fire
My City of Ruin
You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
When the Saints Go Marching In
This Little Light of Mine
American Land

:D

Last edited:
Oh, and here's how Bruce is looking these days. He was at a breast cancer research foundation luncheon in Florida a few weeks back.

image_5142151.jpg

And yes, that's his daughter with him on the right.

Last edited:
excuse the change of subject, but does anybody have a link or copy of Bruce doing 'The River' from the Devils & Dust tour? or do you know if that's included on the vh1 storytellers dvd?

I really can't wait to see Bruce. Hopefully he won't wait too long to do another full tour with the E Street Band.

The Wild, The Innocent, And The E Street Shuffle is my all time favorite album. :drool:

The 1978 tour is probably the finest ever. I hope next year that Darkness On The Edge Of Town gets the same 30th anniversary treatment as Born To Run did two years ago, and that they include a full 1978 show, either Winterland, or the Roxy show, or the Passaic, NJ shows.

I'm :drool: at the thought.

Hmm, what would you folks say would be the best couple shows from the thread to download?

Keeping in mind my favore Bruce Era is the E Street Shuffle/BTR era.

Well, my favorite shows are from the 1978 (Darkness) and 1980-81 (River) shows, and if you haven't heard any of those, you need to, like, now.

But if you want to explore more of the E Street Shuffle/Born To Run days, the 2/5/75 show at the Main Point is absolutely essential. Not only does it have outstanding sound, but it's one of the best performances from that era. It's well before the release of BTR later that year, but he's already performing the song BTR itself, along with an earlier version of Thunder Road (when it was known as Wings For Wheels).

The key to this lineup of E Street, and what makes this show so special, was the appearance of Suki Lahav, who performed with E Street for a very short time. She's the one who plays the memorable violin on Jungleland, and in this show, they open with a killer Incident On 57th Street with her on violin - it is to die for. Another highlight is the cover of Dylan's I Want You. Absolutely beautiful.

So, um, I'd start there. :D

Thanks phanan, downloading the Main Point show now. :up: I'll check out the other ones later.

I agree. The Main Point show is just incredible. The beauty of Suki's violin is :drool: with a little :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom