Springsteen begins rehearsing for upcoming tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phanan

Blue Crack Addict
He's getting ready where he usually gets ready - right in Asbury Park. If he's already begun rehearsals, I bet we see tour dates very soon...

Boss stays local to rehearse for upcoming tour

Springsteen greets fans in Asbury Park

Published in the Asbury Park Press 03/11/05
By MICHAEL RILEY
STAFF WRITER

ASBURY PARK — It was a well-kept secret, but not a perfectly kept one.

The only clue yesterday afternoon was a road-salt-encrusted Range Rover parked at the Asbury Park Convention Center. That, and the muffled sounds of guitar and vocals coming from the Paramount Theater.

Bruce Springsteen was in the house rehearsing for his upcoming tour in support of his new album, "Devils and Dust," to be released on April 26. At least one other member of the E Street Band, guitarist Nils Lofgren, was said to be rehearsing with him, although the forthcoming album is said not to include the band.

Manny DeCastro, 21, and his friend Sam Constantino, 20, both of Lacey, were waiting outside the Paramount to get a listen and maybe a look at their musical hero.

"I'm a mail carrier, and people on my route were telling me that Bruce was going to be here today," DeCastro said. "I had the day off and thought I'd come."

Constantino admitted that some would find it strange that they would stand for hours in near-freezing temperatures for a brief encounter with The Boss. "It's stupid," he said, "but it is something to do."

Four hours after their vigil began, their patience was rewarded.

Springsteen walked out a little before 6 p.m.

By that time, they had been joined by just a couple of other curious and in-the-know Springsteen fans.

"Hey Bruce," said one of them, "can you sign some autographs?"

"Let's see what you got," Springsteen said with a familiar growl.

As he signed autographs, DeCastro said, "We've been waiting 3 1/2 hours."

Springsteen paused, and shook his head.

"You kids need to get a life," he said, with a smile.

I got his autograph and he didn't "growl" at me :wink:

Not to be a b*tch or anything but I'm tired of not saying anything-it says in the FAQ's

"In addition, if someone wishes to start a thread to appreciate a specific band or album, please be courteous and do not start a flame war or bash that band or album in that thread. If you dislike a band or album, you may start your own thread voicing your dislike for that band or album."

Granted this isn't an "appreciation" thread in that it isn't specifically labeled that, but I don't know why people have to post anything nasty in it. One reason why I tend to avoid this part of the forum :shrug:

So is this implying that Bruce is going to do the acoustic theater thing? Part of me almost hopes so, because I can skip that this fall if so. Too many other concerts already. Now if the E Streeters are there, its a different story, I will be there.

I'd actually prefer seeing Bruce in an intimate setting for the first time. :yes:

Can't say why. What I'd really like is an opening solo acoustic set with a few other musicians, followed by a set with the E Street Band

I'd love to see him in an intimate setting too since I've only seen him from the back of an arena before. I think they are announcing concert dates pretty soon, so I will see how close he is coming to where I live and how much tickets cost.

I never saw the GOTJ tour, so I definitely want to see this one, fingers crossed

The CD, photo by Anton. It's going to be dual disc format-CD w/ DVD on the back

bruce_devils_dust.jpg

MrsSpringsteen said:
I never saw the GOTJ tour, so I definitely want to see this one, fingers crossed

bruce_devils_dust.jpg

Great great great cover.

I hate dual-disc though. Just asking to get scratched to hell

MrsSpringsteen said:

bruce_devils_dust.jpg

Great cover! Anton working with Bruce? Awesome! :applaud:

martha said:
Ignorant, old-fart question: "dual discs" will still play fine in my car cd player on the way to South Dakota, right?

I don't see why it wouldn't. The CD side is just a normal cd side. It's like the two sided DVDs. (which I also hate)

I'm surprised that the album is only being released in dual disc format. I think that may be a first. All other dual discs (that I've seen anyway) are ones where there is a regular CD version available separately.

Unlike the other dual discs, I bet this one sells for the same price as a regular one since there will be no basic version available.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
i can't wait for this one.

And if tickets aren't too expensive, I'm considering going. :hmm:

For the past two tours, his ticket prices are very, very reasonable.

Reunion was $70 clams, while Rising was $75 - My gut tells me it will be in this neighborhood again. Just think, no opening act, 100 bucks less than U2's ticket and you get the likelihood a "mixed" set list each evening. Just my two cents.....

Back
Top Bottom