Sports Night Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
Does anyone else remember this show? It was cancelled before it really had a chance to get its legs. It had a few clunky/sappy moments, but it was so fresh and clever in a lot of ways, too.

And has Josh Charles worked at all since it was cancelled? I know Peter Krause is now on Six Feet Under, and Robert Guillaume will always have work (and he was SO GREAT)...

Yes, I remember it.

I think it only ran for 2 seasons though. It was created by Aaron Sorkin (West Wing fame). One of the actors on West Wing was on it....Joshua something.

A great show - it would be great to see it again. Is it currently available on cable or DVD?

I have the whole series on DVD. I actually bought it for my dad for Christmas because he wanted it, and watching it with him I was reminded how great it was.

I know who you mean--Joshua Malina, I believe his name is.

Oh, and Felicity Huffman was in Magnolia and she's married to one of my favorite actors of all time, William H. Macy.

It's my boyfriend's favorite show... therefore, I had to watch the whole DVD boxed set last summer. I've developed quite an affection for it.
:heart: sportsnight :heart:

..which one's felicity huffman? I know the name, I saw it on the box once, and I've never figured out which of the ladies she was.
William H. Macy was great on that show, by the way.

I loved that show and I do own the DVD boxed set.
I loved the quotes. I even have one as part of my signature :yes:

Laugh tracks:down:

Felicity Huffman played Dana, the producer.

And yes, William H. Macy was great.

And yes, it did suck with the laugh track added.

I remember being completely disgusted when ABC cancelled Sports Night and kept Two Guys and a Girl :madspit:

On dateline they did a story recently on Ted McGinley(Gordon). He is somewhat of a jinx when he is on tv shows. They all go down hill and /or get cancelled. I actually felt sorry for the guy.

Dan-Come with us
Casey: Where?
Dan: El Perro Fumando
Casey: The Smoking Dog?
Dan: Yes
Casey: Why?
Dan: If you wear something blue, you get $2 off a giant blue margarita
Casey: You know, I make a pretty good living. I can actually afford to wear what I want and pay full price
Dan: I'm not promoting the economic upside as much as I am the opportunity to drink something giant and blue

Calvin Trager: Anyone who can't make money off of Sports Night should get out of the money-making business.

Maybe I read more into this quote than I should have but I always thought that that was aimed directly to ABC :shrug:

Casey: If you had half as much fun watching this show as we did making it, well, then we had twice as much fun making the show as you did watching it.

Dana: I'm looking for ways to kill you now.
Sam: Dana, I've been through alcohol, marriage, and network television. If you want to kill me, you're gonna need kryptonite.

(reflecting upon the wording used on a formal invitation)
Casey: October the Eighth, Nineteen Hundred and Ninety Eight,
AD-AD
They're worried I might accidentally show up 2,000 years before the birth of Christ.

Natalie: On page 66,halfway down in the NFL injury report, it says "Collins is expected to miss practice this week, the result of a bulging disk
Dan: Yeah?
Natalie: There's a typo on the TelePrompter. They left out the 's'
Casey: Collins is expected to be sidelined a week to 10 days with a bulging di-Uh Oh
Dan: That's a big 10-4
Casey: My next line in the script was "let's go to the videotape."
Natalie: We might have gotten some phone calls

Dan: The Olympic gold-medal-winning gymnast and high school sophomore said that after all those years of hrad work, it was a relief to finally realize her life-long dream. Good to get that out of the way at fifteen

Casey: So don't adjust that dial; and, while we're gone, if any talking animals ask you to buy some tacos or beer-for God's sake, do what they tell you. You've been watching Sports Night on CSC. Have a good night.

Josh Charles was in the movie SWAT in 2003.
According to a website he will be in a movie called Seeing Other People. Release date for that is May 7.

i do believe shari just gave us a run down of an entire episode... :coocoo::wink:

the duo that sports night was based on...

espn_sc1994_hi.jpg

030429_keith-olbermann.jpg
danPatrick.jpg

keith and dan... the best sportscenter duo to ever live...

and on a side note... dan is a confessed u2 fanatic who often plays u2 songs as lead ins on his radio show, and one time asked his radio co-host rob dibble if rob could get him the u2 slane dvd for his (dan's) birthday

:up:

I'm flattered to be considered :coocoo: about Sports Night.:) A self admitted nut about the show and darn proud of it! :yes:
I watch Keith Olbermans show on MSNBC every chance I get.

I just realized that I don't have a quote involving Issac-must remedy this.

Isaac: If you're stupid, surround yourself with smart people. If your smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you.

Isaac: Danny, I've got to talk to you.
Dan: Good, because I've got to talk to you. Who should go first?
Isaac: Well, since I don't really care what you have to say, I think it should be me.

I also forgot Jeremy; horrors!
Jeremy: I understand what makes a woman think that any man is better than nothing. I'll just never understand what makes a woman think she's got nothing.
&
Dana: By the way, in the memos that are circulating we're spelling Chattanooga about fourteen different ways. Now, what do we know?
Jeremy: Two O's, three A's
Dana: That's it?
Jeremy: No, there are other letters too. But surely that's not what you meant.

Back
Top Bottom