spoon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just one? sigh.

well these guys have been growing on me and growing on me. wicked stuff. and it's actually totally up the alley of the general tastes of this board i think.

i think its because people never respond to my threads because they don't like me.

Spoon to Release New Mini-LP in August
Should consider touring with Oneida to enhance their dining elegance

Eric Marth reports:
Spoon: where are they now? Well, that's a good question, and one we'd like to answer for you now, if you don't mind so much. According to reports, they're somewhere on Earth gearing up for the August release of a new mini-LP for their college-rock smash "The Way We Get By". The seven-track endeavor will be dropped on August 18th via the UK-based 12XU label, and will feature not only the glorious title track, but six live radio performances including the Moonlight cut "Someone Something", and classics like "Metal Detektor", and "Me and the Bean", and a recording of Austin public access television favorite "I Am the Key".

So, what, that's it? Not if frontman Britt Daniel has something, everything to say about it: he recently mentioned that, in addition to the live material, the disc will feature "some, if not all" of the videos the band made to support possible singles from Kill the Moonlight. Which would mean you'd be getting somewhere in the ballpark of ten minutes of live-action Spoon running around lipsyncing "The Way We Get By", "Small Stakes" and "Jonathon Fisk" (the latter possibly featuring the actual, honest-to-god Mr. Fisk himself, we hope?) against the world's indiest backdrops. Two of the band's three videos from Kill the Moonlight are currently available online at the 12XU Records website. Tracklist:

01 The Way We Get By
02 Metal Detektor
03 I Am the Key
04 Anticipation
05 Someone Something
06 Me and the Bean
07 Advance Cassette

hmmm cool sounds more like an ep than an lp. i don't really know what the rules for those are.. i mean underworld once released a 65 minute ep.

Back
Top Bottom