Split Enz Salivation & Celebration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:laugh:...I'd continue this little game, but it's early and my mind isn't in 100% alert mode right now :).

*Wishes she had craploads of money on her, too*

Also, hehe, glad you found that amusing, Khanada :D. And timothius covered the info stuff regarding albums, so...:up:.

By the way, someone I talk to who's also a Finn fan shared some stills from the "Bold As Brass" video last night at some other board.

Uh...:uhoh:...may I ask just what exactly is up with the look there? I'm not one who wears makeup on a regular basis the normal way...no way could I stand having that much makeup caked on my face.

Angela

Last edited:
Moonlit_Angel said:
Uh...:uhoh:...may I ask just what exactly is up with the look there? I'm not one who wears makeup on a regular basis the normal way...no way could I stand having that much makeup caked on my face.
:lmao:

blueeyedgirl said:
Forget the make up, what about the HAIR!!!!!!! The lobotomy cut would look just maaaaaaarrvelous! :crazy:
:lmao:

omigor, you guys! :lmao: :lmao:

:D.

blueeyedgirl said:
Forget the make up, what about the HAIR!!!!!!! The lobotomy cut would look just maaaaaaarrvelous! :crazy:

:laugh:...oh, yeah, gotta love the hair, too! There was another bit from another video someone shared in which Neil had a piece of his hair sticking up sorta like a cowlick. Charming stuff, no? Hard to believe that's the same guy in some of the later videos.

I had a dream last night in which the screencaps from the "Bold As Brass" video were featured :|. Granted, they were on TV, but...yeah.

Course, I poke fun, but you know, at the same time, that just added to their quirkiness, and that's one reason I love the band, 'cause they're so quirky.

Angela

Including 'celebration' in the thread title seems incredibly apt now.

I'm :happy: :happy: thanks to this news. Get it, or does nobody take me seriously?

About time they let this cat out of the bag!

Press Conference at 1pm EST to announce everything (dates, venues, prices etc). By putting together hints from all the articles it looks like it is going to be large arena venues ala Rod Laver Arena, which will be a totally amazing experience and it will also hit up Adeladie & Perth!

I will get excited when I see the dates. :hyper:

Press conference in less than two hours then?

The anticipation is killing me!

I don't suppose there's a chance this press conference will be broadcast live? I think I'm more excited about this announcement than I currently am about the U2 tour! :hyper:

WOW!!! I'll tell hubby when he gets home!

good.gif

Guess they won't be opening for U2, will they? :hmm:

How are you feeling timothius? Axver? :wave:

champagne.gif

Lila64 said:
Guess they won't be opening for U2, will they? :hmm:

Let's force them to. :evil:

By the way, I read that The Church may be opening for Split Enz. No idea if that's got any basis in reality, but I thought indra may be interested - or, in all likelihood, know more about that rumour's truthfulness or lack thereof.

Why can't the press conference be NOW! :mad:

if there's a web broadcast, lemme know. I'd like to watch!

So does this mean these rumors have been circulating, and it's not that big of news, since you mentioned being content vs. being ecstatic?

The idea was first floated for this tour in about October last year (after a proposed 2003 fell over). It was origionally going to be about March, then April, then May and so on. It just kept getting pushed back (mainly for Tim to record his new album in the States I think). Fan Club members got confirmation it was "on" about a week or two ago. But without dates, I tend not to get excited.

Also my "half empty" personality can't help think... it should have been The Crowdies, 10 years since breakup, 20 years since formation and all. :shrug:

Still it will be amazing. :hyper:

I'm impatient for dates. :mad:

A little over an hour now until the press conference. :hyper:

What, only ONE date per city? No New Zealand?

I didn't think it'd be this short. And I wish they'd given prices.

Ah well, I plan on being at that Brisbane gig no matter what!

Back
Top Bottom