Spiritulized (the band)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey there - I just was introduced to Spiritualized a few months ago myself -

Whether or not you will like them or their concert, I think, depends on what kind of music you like. Jason, the lead creator of the band, uses many different layers of instruments and vocals to achieve an indescribable wall of sound. I consider him the Nine Inch Nails of England (but that could be way off considering he doesn't make industrial music, but rather the analogy is there for multi-instrument acknowledgement)

For what it's worth, I am going to their concert in Atlanta in a few weeks.. I think they/he are quite an amazing musical force, so go to their concert and prepare to be amazed!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by u2valleygirl:
Hello,

I was wondering if you all have heard of this band and what your thoughts are. I am considering seeing their concert...but I can't decide.

I haven't seen them live before (going on April 20th, though! And I love BRMC [the opening band] too!), but I have a couple of their albums and really like them. If you like them, you should check out Super Furry Animals too. They're a little bit weirder than Spirtualized, but really fun.

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

Oh yes - I love Spiritualized! They're very unique and wonderful!!!

I'm still kicking myself for missing out on seeing them in Montreal last year...
frown.gif

Originally posted by meegannie:
If you like them, you should check out Super Furry Animals too.

Good call, Rings Around the World is terrific.

Originally posted by mug222:
Good call, Rings Around the World is terrific.

Mwng is even better. And Radiator. But I like all of their albums.
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

Back
Top Bottom