Sparta, Wisconsin Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Olympics are killing the thread tonight? Heh.

Though there really isn't much else happening. Might give the BOctoWar remasters a listen if there's nothing on after the diving, to see how my hearing's come along this evening ...

The Olympics are killing the thread tonight? Heh.

Though there really isn't much else happening. Might give the BOctoWar remasters a listen if there's nothing on after the diving, to see how my hearing's come along this evening ...

I keep forgetting I have those! :lol: Must give them a listen at some point...

Maybe you should listen to something familiar to better gauge your hearing's recovery... :wink:

Maybe you should listen to something familiar to better gauge your hearing's recovery... :wink:

Oh, I'm just curious about bonus disc material. The quality's probably going to be craptastic anyway, so what difference will dodgy ears make! :lol:

I was also rather pleased that they arrived at least two weeks earlier than Amazon predicted ...

Stunning dive by the Aussie guy, snatching gold from the Chinese guy's clutches!

Believe it or not, I actually (somewhat reluctantly) cheered for the Aussie guy there. It's just been tiring seeing China win gold after gold after gold, and for him to 1. do such a flawless dive and 2. stop the Chinese sweeping all eight diving medals at the very last minute was very impressive.

I was also rather pleased that they arrived at least two weeks earlier than Amazon predicted ...
Yeah, that was a nice surprise.

Believe it or not, I actually (somewhat reluctantly) cheered for the Aussie guy there. It's just been tiring seeing China win gold after gold after gold, and for him to 1. do such a flawless dive and 2. stop the Chinese sweeping all eight diving medals at the very last minute was very impressive.
I was wondering if you might relent in your anti-Aussie sentiments for that reason :wink:
I just love that he was totally freaked out by his own dive :lol:

Apparently that was Australia's first male diving gold since 1924...!

I was wondering if you might relent in your anti-Aussie sentiments for that reason :wink:
I just love that he was totally freaked out by his own dive :lol:

Apparently that was Australia's first male diving gold since 1924...!

:lol: His response was amazing. It was an absolute killer dive, and the Chinese bloke who was "meant" to get gold really blew it in a big way.

That was quite the stat, and that 1924 medal was in a discontinued event!

So I'm listening to some Porcupine Tree right now, In Absentia, and my hearing's certainly still fucked. Everything sounds watery, especially the vocals and drums, like a bad, low-bitrate MP3. But I ripped them myself from my own CD in high quality. :sigh:

:lol: His response was amazing. It was an absolute killer dive, and the Chinese bloke who was "meant" to get gold really blew it in a big way.

That was quite the stat, and that 1924 medal was in a discontinued event!
Yeah!

And the Chinese guy must have been badly rattled.

So I'm listening to some Porcupine Tree right now, In Absentia, and my hearing's certainly still fucked. Everything sounds watery, especially the vocals and drums, like a bad, low-bitrate MP3. But I ripped them myself from my own CD in high quality. :sigh:
Aw bugger. :(

Hopefully you won't need the draining thing done, but at least you would maybe get a rapid improvement!

I'm listening to my DI list again... I'm gonna try not to change it too much from what I uploaded :lol:

Hey Serena! :wave:

The thread could use a bit of life. Bonnie's buggered off but may return to stonedpost, while in the meantime, Ali and I may have just scared off Anna and GG2 with Olympics chatter. :reject:

Aw bugger. :(

Hopefully you won't need the draining thing done, but at least you would maybe get a rapid improvement!

I'm listening to my DI list again... I'm gonna try not to change it too much from what I uploaded :lol:

It's so weird listening to this. The guitar sounds a bit unlike how it normally sounds, but not in a low quality, watery way like the vocals or drums. And I've noticed some other weird stuff, like a guitar line in Prodigal I don't think I'd ever paid attention to (I think because one ear is worse than the other, so the mix is very imbalanced).

Given my improvement over the last couple of days, I'm optimistic my hearing will be back to a satisfactory level soon. Though I am out of antibiotics now, so I wonder what implication that will have ...

The thread could use a bit of life. Bonnie's buggered off but may return to stonedpost, while in the meantime, Ali and I may have just scared off Anna and GG2 with Olympics chatter. :reject:
They can come back now! I don't care about basketball... :lol:

Hey Ali! :wave:
Not a lot better than it was last night. I feel pretty dodgy today. :(

How are you?
Aw crap... :( :hug:

I'm okay... high on sugar and trying to figure out how to salvage my DI list :D

Hey Serena! :wave:

Hey Axver! :wave:

Never fear, Serena the postwhore in-training is here! /lame

How are you?

They can come back now! I don't care about basketball... :lol:

Yeah, basketball on one channel and rhythmic gymnastics on the other is what's pushed me to music. I'm debating whether or not to stay up for the South Africa vs Australia rugby, which begins at 2am.

Given my improvement over the last couple of days, I'm optimistic my hearing will be back to a satisfactory level soon. Though I am out of antibiotics now, so I wonder what implication that will have ...

Well, if you took them as prescribed, then the course should be over and the germs should be gone... I guess it's just a matter of letting all the gunk drain away or whatever. :huh:

Did you tell the doctor the other day that you were nearly out of them?

Yeah, basketball on one channel and rhythmic gymnastics on the other is what's pushed me to music. I'm debating whether or not to stay up for the South Africa vs Australia rugby, which begins at 2am.

*turns TV off*

I take it that's not an Olympic thing :wink:

Hey Axver! :wave:

Never fear, Serena the postwhore in-training is here! /lame

How are you?

:lol:

I'm not too bad. I was even feeling relatively good about my hearing until I put on music and discovered things haven't improved that much! It only seems so because of how comparatively bad it was two d ays ago ...

And you're still not doing too well? :hug:

*turns TV off*

I take it that's not an Olympic thing :wink:

:lol: No, it's the next Tri-Nations fixture. It's actually already been played, 7's just delaying it until 2am, once the Olympic broadcast is done. If it were the All Blacks, of course I'd stay up, but just for this? Unsure.

:lol: No, it's the next Tri-Nations fixture. It's actually already been played, 7's just delaying it until 2am, once the Olympic broadcast is done. If it were the All Blacks, of course I'd stay up, but just for this? Unsure.

So who do you support out of Aus and Sth. Africa?

:lol:

I'm not too bad. I was even feeling relatively good about my hearing until I put on music and discovered things haven't improved that much! It only seems so because of how comparatively bad it was two d ays ago ...

And you're still not doing too well? :hug:
Oh that's so lame. I really hope something gives soon! I'm starting to worry!

Not really, no. :hug:
My head still hurts and my sinuses are killing me this morning. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom