Sparta, Wisconsin Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, the Swans aren't so far behind now.

They've gone from 92-29 to 106-56. Not bad.

(Though I'm guessing this is being broadcast on a delay?)

Oooh, and I see some Olympic running is on 7 right now ... think it's a middle distance race.

So, from my n00by calculations looking at the AFL standings right now, the Tigers will make the eight if 1. they beat the Demons next week and 2. St Kilda loses to Adelaide this week and Essendon next week.

Fuck. Losing to Adelaide seems possible, but the Bumbers are having a fairly shitty season, aren't they?

No, this seems about right. Okay, they can beat the Demons, Adelaide will likely beat the Saints, and as for the last game... well, let's just hope the Saints show that inconsistent form they're famous for and completely fuck up!

No, this seems about right. Okay, they can beat the Demons, Adelaide will likely beat the Saints, and as for the last game... well, let's just hope the Saints show that inconsistent form they're famous for and completely fuck up!

Looking at Essendon's recent record, it's unimpressive, they even lost to West Coast ... except they've also recently beaten Collingwood.

Ugh, depending on the outcome of other games is shit. Though looking at things now, I should be glad that Brisbane lost, since now they can't push us out of the eight even if they beat Sydney next week. Though I see that if the Tigers beat the Demons and Brisbane beat Sydney, they'll both be on 46 points ... looks like Sydney will make it on percentage? Since Geelong's percentage is 159%, I take it Sydney's 112 is better than Richmond's 93.

Pies: 118
Swans: 73

Final margin 45. Could have been much worse.

Yeah, especially since the Magpies piled on over 50 points in the first quarter alone!

And the javelin's on the Olympics now. I've always wondered if any official has ever accidentally got skewered ... :uhoh:

And the javelin's on the Olympics now. I've always wondered if any official has ever accidentally got skewered ... :uhoh:
We were just talking about that... they look like they get awfully close to where it lands! Rox was saying she thought she'd seen a video where someone did get skewered... :yikes:

Okay, I'm going out for a little bit. I will be back fairly soon, like an hour or two. Stick around or have a good one. :wave:
Seeya Bonnie! Have a good night :wave:

Have fun, Bonnie! :wave:

We were just talking about that... they look like they get awfully close to where it lands! Rox was saying she thought she'd seen a video where someone did get skewered... :yikes:

Yeah, I've noticed this in things like the discus too - those officials seem to be taking a terrible risk being right out there, near where it lands! That must be a pretty nasty video ... :yikes:

Now for the 5,000m run, Kenya vs Ethiopia really. This is going to be tactical as all hell.

Wow, Bekele's run in the 5,000m just then was astonishing. That last lap was something else entirely, and to think he's already won the 10,000m at this Olympics! The guy must be absolutely buggered now after that effort.

So Ethiopia first and Kenya second and third. I was surprised how, with about five laps to go, the other two Ethiopians just completely fell off the pace, and the Irishman, who'd been lingering in the top five, completely dropped off to the back and withdrew.

I can't believe the British diver is only FOURTEEN. Wow, way to make me feel past it, mate! :lol:

And the 4x400m relay's coming up ... should be good.

Not in that race! Bekele progressively upping the pace to break the Kenyans was quite impressive.

And ooh, these must be the diving finals, right?

Yep, I think so. They must have some super-high-speed camera on them, too... mega slow motion replays!

Hey Anna and GG2! :wave:

Damn, I'm surprised the Jamaicans were a fairly distant third in the women's 4x400m. Bit of a bugger the Americans caught the Russians at the end.

Yep, I think so. They must have some super-high-speed camera on them, too... mega slow motion replays!

I honestly don't know how the judges mark the dives without studying those ultra-slow replays a million times!

And geez, I feel like a total sports junkie this evening. :crack:

I think they just have a screen with a grid on it, and the freeze the frame with the splash, and mark it on that. :lol:

:lol:

Oh god, rhythmic gymnastics! NOT A SPORT! :frantically changes channels:

4x400m men's relay now. Apparently the US has won gold in this every Olympics from 1956 onwards, if Channel 7 is to be believed. Presumably they mean only at non-boycotted Games.

GO JAMAICA!

... hope I'm not scaring you lot off with prattling about sport ... :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom