South Sandwich Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Serena, how are you? :wave:

Hey Slacker! :wave:

I'm alright. Still a tad on the ill side, though. Seems I've got a sinus infection. Lotsa fun there. Feels like my head may explode 90% of the time. I've taken some PM tablets, so I don't expect to be up long. Otherwise? Overdoing it on Chinese food and loving it. :drool:

How are you?

Hey Slacker! :wave:

I'm alright. Still a tad on the ill side, though. Seems I've got a sinus infection. Lotsa fun there. Feels like my head may explode 90% of the time. I've taken some PM tablets, so I don't expect to be up long. Otherwise? Overdoing it on Chinese food and loving it. :drool:

How are you?

Thats not good, I hope you don't explode :hug:

Well I'm just about to go get a quick bite for lunch, and apart from feeling tired, I've got nothing to complain about!

Hey Axver! :wave:

How are you? Feeling any better?

Who knows yet! I've barely woken up. I by no means expected to sleep to lunchtime. :crack:

I wanted to be up two hours ago! I must've been comfortable sleeping ...

All Serena's talking of Chinese food always makes me so hungry. But I just had breakfast... so no more.
:scream:

I just came back from the book parade. There was one other Angelina, but I think my daughter looked much better :D I shouldn't say that, huh.

I'm cold, also.

And I have a headache. Nothing like yours, Serena.

Who knows yet! I've barely woken up. I by no means expected to sleep to lunchtime. :crack:

Whoops.
It happens. I fell asleep earlier this afternoon and hadn't even intended to. :lol:

What I would give for a sleep-in... Seriously, I was wondering something similar a week or so ago too, but what I'd give for a whole night's sleep rather than the sleep-in. Who cares though, I'd give a whole lot for either.

I was watching some random show on the How To channel this morning which showed exactly where I want to live. It happens to be Barbados, but I think I'd cope. I can't get the images of the houses out of my head. All day, I'm doing things, and then a flash back to the houses comes to me. Weird. They're just... well, perfect.

/random sidetracking.

All Serena's talking of Chinese food always makes me so hungry. But I just had breakfast... so no more.
:scream:

I just came back from the book parade. There was one other Angelina, but I think my daughter looked much better :D I shouldn't say that, huh.

:lol:

All this talk of food is making me hungry. Which I suppose makes sense, since I should grab food. It does seem a little demented that I'm about to grab brekky while Daniel's about to grab lunch and we're in THE SAME STATE.

Either way, I really feel for you!
I feel bad for anyone with a headache right now. :hug:

Aww thanks, darl. I feel for anyone with them, too. I used to get migraines but they stopped mysteriously a few years back. I've started getting a few in recent months, but not the severity or frequency of years past where I think there was a period of about 2 years where I'd get one or 2 in a fortnight-month. Awful pain. They'd take me out for 3-7 days sometimes. Looking back, I suspect it was stress related. Possibly anemia related? Not sure.

Sinus is the culprit with you, Serena? Is it allergy season where you are?
:hug:

What I would give for a sleep-in... Seriously, I was wondering something similar a week or so ago too, but what I'd give for a whole night's sleep rather than the sleep-in. Who cares though, I'd give a whole lot for either.

I was watching some random show on the How To channel this morning which showed exactly where I want to live. It happens to be Barbados, but I think I'd cope. I can't get the images of the houses out of my head. All day, I'm doing things, and then a flash back to the houses comes to me. Weird. They're just... well, perfect.

/random sidetracking.

:hug: You should run away and be a lazy Arts student with an ear infection.

I think my ideal place to live would be somewhere rural and mountainous in the South Island. It's colder than Barbados and less likely to get hit by hurricanes. And it has beautiful scenery and not many people and sheep and a fairly pristine environment and all that good stuff ... :drool:

Sorry to pike so soon, but it seems that the medicine has kicked in and I've become quite tired.

Have a good one, everyone.

Aww thanks, darl. I feel for anyone with them, too. I used to get migraines but they stopped mysteriously a few years back. I've started getting a few in recent months, but not the severity or frequency of years past where I think there was a period of about 2 years where I'd get one or 2 in a fortnight-month. Awful pain. They'd take me out for 3-7 days sometimes. Looking back, I suspect it was stress related. Possibly anemia related? Not sure.

Sinus is the culprit with you, Serena? Is it allergy season where you are?
:hug:
Stress is a good cause of migraines, that could have been it. Sorry to hear that you suffered from them. :hug: I get the occasional one and it's terrible!

Sinus problems, yes. Lot of pressure and that sort of thing. Irritation. It's a real irritation alright! :madwife:
Oh yeah, it's summer here and there's some bad ones flying around at the present moment. It's a lot worse when it's humid, so I suspect allergies are the cause.

Anyway, I'm off for some rest. :wave:

See you later, Serena, and feel better! :wave:

Mmm, Marmite on toast. :drool:

take it easy, serena! :hug:

i've tried the lazy art student thing, ax! much fun was had. :hi5:

these houses in barbados, they spelled reading, writing, painting. heaven.
:sad:
not all of them were for bazillionaires, either. the ones they were showing n depth were, but some of the shacks were good enough for me! ceiling fans, large roomy verandahs and porches, stone floors... no air cons in sight. plantation shutters. huge trees. water... i need to find a way to move there. like, now.

I'm increasingly realising my lazy Arts student gig is soon coming to an end. Damn.

I wouldn't care what a house were like, if only I could live here:

753681-Lake-Wanaka-and-Mountains--Mount-Roy-Trek-0.jpg

The Wanaka region. :drool:

that's gorgeous, axver! :love:

i can't believe i slept so late!

I remember going there when I was six and I've been in love with the Wanaka region ever since. Of course, now my father's mildly poisoning it by moving near there ... on the upside, it'll be a reason to visit that part of the world a bit more regularly!

Hah, did you sleep later than me or something?

I remember going there when I was six and I've been in love with the Wanaka region ever since. Of course, now my father's mildly poisoning it by moving near there ... on the upside, it'll be a reason to visit that part of the world a bit more regularly!

Hah, did you sleep later than me or something?
ha, this is true! :wink:

oh yeah, i just woke up a couple hours ago. and i totally slept through when ashley came through here :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom