South Sandwich Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. The Wall has its moments. But overall it's very inconsistant. Ah well. It was in someone's cd case at work and I had my computer handy and I hadn't heard it. :wink: Perhaps I'll look for some WYWH and Animals soon.... Oh, and when you bake blueberry muffins, do you put the crispy sugar on top?

The Wall is just bloated if you ask me, and the musical qualities are sacrificed at the altar of its concept. I think Animals much more successfully integrates concept with well-composed, entertaining music.

As for blueberry muffins, I've only made them twice. The first time I tried to be too clever and botched them, so the second batch was very basic, just to get it right. Next time around, I'm tempted to add some white chocolate. A cafe near where I lived in Brisbane did these amazing blueberry and white chocolate muffins and I'd love to replicate them.

Is that the one from the late 80s?

Yep. Most of it's pretty dodgy, but a few of the songs work out well, and Sorrow is what got me into Pink Floyd.

And, and I've moved on from one Greatest Hits album to another. I finished Pink Floyd and so I'm onto Queen. :reject:

Queen's first two Best Ofs really are pretty good as far as compilations go, I think.

Though I'll always maintain that Queen II is their best album. It's the proggiest, so who's shocked.

Oh and in case you guys didn't notice; the next round of the Artist League is up

Coolness, I'll go vote now.

The Best Of that I have has this track list:

Bohemian Rhapsody
Another One Bites The Dust
Killer Queen
Fat Bottomed Girls
Bicycle Race
You're My Best Friend
Don't Stop Me Now
Save Me
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Somebody To Love
Now I'm Here
Good Old Fashined Lover Boy
Play The Game
Flash
Seven Seas Of Rhye
We Will Rock You
We Are The Champions
I'm In Love With My Car
Under Pressure (live)
Tie Your Mother Down (live)

Bohemian Rhapsody
Killer Queen
Fat Bottomed Girls
Bicycle Race
You're My Best Friend
Don't Stop Me Now
Save Me
Somebody To Love
Now I'm Here
Play The Game
Flash
Seven Seas Of Rhye
We Will Rock You
We Are The Champions
I'm In Love With My Car
Under Pressure (live)

Yeah, that's the first Greatest Hits, though my copy (well, my mother's, ripped onto my computer) doesn't have the last three tracks. Definitely a quality compilation.

Do you think Best of albums are the enemy of art?

They break the cycle. :(

Bohemian Rhapsody
Killer Queen
Fat Bottomed Girls
Bicycle Race
You're My Best Friend
Don't Stop Me Now
Save Me
Somebody To Love
Now I'm Here
Play The Game
Flash
Seven Seas Of Rhye
We Will Rock You
We Are The Champions
I'm In Love With My Car
Under Pressure (live)

I have that....but it ends at We Are The Champions.

Yeah, that's the first Greatest Hits, though my copy (well, my mother's, ripped onto my computer) doesn't have the last three tracks. Definitely a quality compilation.

I have that....but it ends at We Are The Champions.

Weird. Maybe the last 3 songs were an American thing? The two live tracks are good, but the other one is pretty shitty (the drummer sang it).

Hey Ashley, hope you aren't too exhausted! :wave:

Weird. Maybe the last 3 songs were an American thing? The two live tracks are good, but the other one is pretty shitty (the drummer sang it).

Looking on RYM, it appears the three extra tracks appear on a 2004 re-issue of the compilation. My copy was purchased in 1998.

Looking on RYM, it appears the three extra tracks appear on a 2004 re-issue of the compilation. My copy was purchased in 1998.

Ahhh, that makes sense then. I bought mine probably 4 years ago.

I'm looking forward to enchiladas for dinner tonight. :drool:
:hmm: i don't believe i've ever had an enchilada.

jesus, these fuckers outside are REALLY testing my patience. i'm tempted to get all passive-aggressive and call the cops. instead of like, you know, poking my head outside and yelling "SHUUUUUUUUUUT UUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!!!!"

jesus, these fuckers outside are REALLY testing my patience. i'm tempted to get all passive-aggressive and call the cops. instead of like, you know, poking my head outside and yelling "SHUUUUUUUUUUT UUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!!!!"

Just light a stick of dynamite and throw it at them and yell, "Eat it, cunts!"

Given how well I bastardise Mexican food, I wonder if what I make can even be considered enchiladas. :lol:

What are they doing? And go on, call the cops, you know you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom