South (new album in Feb)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkayet

New Yorker
Looks like a new South album out in February Feb 21 - Adventures in the Underground Journey to the Stars. I've heard an April date too, but I think they are actually releasing it in the US first. Can't wait - they are one of my favorites and great live.

Just discovered these guys last week. Looking forward to new material.

The album's been out for a month.

Got it tonite.

Testing in the car tomorrow.

Early listens seem similar to "With The Tides", but more focused, less dreamy songs.

I got it the day it came out after a recommendation over Xbox Live, of all places, and from remembering meegannie and jkayet mentioning them. This is my first South album, and I've really enjoyed it. I've more or less universally heard everyone say their previous efforts are better, so I look forward to getting them in due time.

I was literally obsessed with 'Place In Displacement' for weeks after getting the album. There's a pretty good acoustic version of the song available on iTunes for those who like such things. I also am really digging 'Shallow' and 'Safety in Numbers' right now.

I picked up both of their other albums used a week or two ago. Haven't heard either in full yet, but I really like a few songs from them I've heard.

Which album of theirs is everyone's favorite? Do tell.

I'm a casual fan. I only have the latest album, "Adventures . . .", but I really like it.

My friends and I saw them at this really small club in L.A. and they were good, but the best part was when the lead singer came out by himself and did "Flesh and Bone" acoustic. It was just amazing! That one acoustic song just stole the show!

Back
Top Bottom