Songs that sound very similar to other songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squid

The Fly
Have you ever heard a song on the radio, and thought "hmm... that song sounds an awful lot like _____"? The best example of this that I know of is the Pixies "I Bleed" and Weezer's "Sweater Song." Not saying that Weezer was consciously ripping off the Pixies, but geez those songs sound alike! And of course there's Ice Ice Baby and Under Pressure... oh no wait, there's one note different...

shane macgowan & the popes--paddy public enemy #1
flogging molly--salty dog

the first chord from the who's 'the kids are alright' when dropkick murphys covered it sounds exactly the same as dkm's '10 years of service'...but just that chord

the pogues--turkish song of the danmed
flogging molly--another bag of bricks

the pogues--turkish song of the damned
shane macgowan & the popes--...crap....i forgot the name...donegal express, i think....the one with the line "i never fucked your misses but i might have fucked your daughter" or something....they have very similar outros.

u2--mothers of the disappeard
live (then called 'public affection')--libra

Actually, this thread has reminded me of two very similar song titles. The Silencers wrote a song called Bullets and Blue Eyes in '87. Now which other song does that remind you of......????:scratch:

the first thing that comes to mind is this...

there is a little drum bit in duran duran's "the reflex." (you can hear it in between bits when simon's not singing, before he says i'll cross that bridge...) i swear there's that same drum bit in arcadia's "the promise."

but it's really the same band and drummer, so no harm done really. i've never heard anyone else point it out and no one's ever heard of arcadia, but the first time i heard the song, i noticed it.

roger miret & the disasters--ny belongs to me
cock sparrer--england belongs to me

oh wait. they're the same song :wink: nevermind ;)

Mirrorball Man said:
Waking Up by Elastica and No More Heroes by The Stranglers. I think The Strangs sued them.

and connection and 'three girl rhumba' by wire.

but all four are sugaring great songs.

for me...

flogging molly - another bag of bricks
the pogues - turkish song of the damned
manic street preachers - tsunami
stereophonics - same size feet
oasis - hindu times

all employing a variant of that middle-eastern riff, albeit on different instruments.

oasis- don't look back in anger... john lennon-imagine (just the opening chords really)

the stones- anybody seen my baby?... k.d. lang- constant craving

good charlotte-lifestyles of the rich and the famous... good charlotte- the anthem... good charlotte... hmm... ok well everything good charlotte does sounds the same. as eddie vedder said... "good charlotte sounds... well... they taste like someone stuck a popsicle up their ass."

that goes for creed as well...

Headache in a Suitcase said:

good charlotte-lifestyles of the rich and the famous... good charlotte- the anthem... good charlotte... hmm... ok well everything good charlotte does sounds the same. as eddie vedder said... "good charlotte sounds... well... they taste like someone stuck a popsicle up their ass."

that goes for creed as well...

:lol:

Celine's "I'm Alive" (or whatever it's called) - the backing riff sounds almost like they sampled Blondie's Heart of Glass.

Beatles-Lady Madonna
Sublime-What I Got

Same vocal melody:
Lady Madonna, children at you feet...
Early in the mornin, rising to my feet...

sheryl crow--soak up the sun (you know the song, i don't know if i got the title right)

and third eye blind--never let you go.

Chuck Berry's "You Can't Catch Me" and the Beatles' "Come Together." So much so that there was a lawsuit, and Lennon recorded a cover of the former for his album Rock 'N' Roll.

Back
Top Bottom