Songs that flat out suck but still get played on the radio for some reason!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll probably be slammed for this but that song Crazy is grade A shite, and it's never off the radio, it sucks so much, I hate it, I hate Gnarls Barkley for having a shit song number one for 9 weeks.

I can't pin it down to one or two particular songs, but I'll give you style du jour that's making me want to rip out somebody's vocal cords: All the current rockers who believe that a guttural scream equates to vocal talent. :grumpy: :censored: :grumpy: :censored:

If you want to fuckin' scream so hard it makes you puke, knock yourself out Skippy, but do me a favor: don't record the shit so it can be sent out across the radio and be used to make my ears want to bleed. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dismantled said:

they all suck:angry: classic radio sucks:angry: the radio sucks:angry:

Don't you have college radio in the US? Or aren't there any independent, alternative, non-commercial radio stations that play new music? That's all I ever listen to here.

Thank God for Three D (and OK, Triple J :wink: ) in Oz.

Any song about a hump, goodie, saltshaker, or a fixing of someone :angry:

Most of the "classic rawk" and "new alternative music!" stations are complete shit.

The Stones have made more songs than "Start Me Up" and "Sympathy for the Devil" for crying out loud, and The Beatles recorded before Abbey Road, atleast the last time I checked. I could g on for hours, but you get my point.

Bands like Staind, POD, Godsmack, Linkin Park, and Nickelback all should be flushed down Music's collective toilet.

I get so pissed that bands like The Strokes, The Arcade Fire, Muse, Interpol, Oasis (other than fucking "Wonderwall" for '90s Day), The Shins, and Death Cab are rarely played, atleast in my town.

I'll just take a breath and open iTunes.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Bands like Staind, POD, Godsmack, Linkin Park, and Nickelback all should be flushed down Music's collective toilet.

I get so pissed that bands like The Strokes, The Arcade Fire, Muse, Interpol, Oasis (other than fucking "Wonderwall" for '90s Day), The Shins, and Death Cab are rarely played, atleast in my town.

Nickelback are horrid!!! I'm embarrassed to call them a 'Canadian Band.' :sick: :sick: :sick:

Ahhh, didn't mean to insinuate that Wonderwall sucked, but it's definitely not the only Oasis song ever made.

blueeyedgirl said:

Don't you have college radio in the US? Or aren't there any independent, alternative, non-commercial radio stations that play new music? That's all I ever listen to here.

Thank God for Three D (and OK, Triple J :wink: ) in Oz.

college radio...:barf: makes me want to set my ears on fire:angry:

we have 1 good station here...only half the time I want to throw the radio out the window:wink:

The 1 independent station we have - played "Squeeze Box" by the Who so much that I called AND emailed them to say we would stop listening to them at work if they didn't loose their copy.
I hate that song.. :madspit:

Zootlesque said:

I know! I didn't just listen to classic rock radio. But nevertheless, even the contemporary and alternative rock stations for the most part play the same shit over and over again.
about 10 years ago "alternative" has become a marketing strategy more than anything else

Thanks for the heads up re: "alternative" radio in the US. I know from reading interviews with U2 and REM in the 80s, that they always praised college and alternative radio for getting them heard.

Obviously things have changed since.

Zootlesque said:

I know! I didn't just listen to classic rock radio. But nevertheless, even the contemporary and alternative rock stations for the most part play the same shit over and over again.

The alt rock station in my town has about 8 different songs they play. And since they've decided to start playing rap, only 4 songs are actually rock. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom