Songs everyone should hear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
What's one song you think everyone should take any measures necessary to hear?

Mine right now is "Moonstorm" by Melaton :heart:

Bonochick said:
"Don't Call Me Up" by Mick Jagger

Oh God..

*sob :sad: I love that song and that CD

OK I say... "How to Disappear Completely" by Radiohead. I'm obsessed with this song lately.

MonaVox said:

Oh God..

*sob :sad: I love that song and that CD

Totally...I put it in the player tonight...been awhile since I've listened to it.

I think everybody needs a copy of it.

I totally second How to Disappear Completely by Radiohead. That's probably become my favorite Radiohead song, I love that thing.

well the best song ever is God only Knows by the Beach Boys
so I guess that is the song everyone should hear

Salome said:
well the best song ever is God only Knows by the Beach Boys
so I guess that is the song everyone should hear

I just bought Pet Sounds last Friday. Of course I already knew the song, but you're (partly) right, it is a great song. Everybody should hear it.

BTW, Salome, if you have a Van Leest (Dutch music store, for all of you non-Dutchies :) ) near, check it out. They have The Best Of Randy Newman (if you still want to check him out) and many other CD's for just 8 euros (or 15 euro for 2 CD's). I couldn't control myself last Friday and bought Pet Sounds, The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill, Meat Loaf's Bat Out Of Hell and The Best Of Randy Newman. Four great CD's for little money.

Oh, about that song everyone should hear... Mmmm, difficult. My personal best song ever is Lou Reed's Magic And Loss, so I guess that should be my choice.

C ya!

Marty

at this moment, i would probably say

track 1 of sigur ros' CD ()

I don't think any of the tracks have titles. :huh: But that song is pretty much ethereal and perfect, imho. (thanks to ali rose for burning the cd for me. hehe)

gy!be - rockets fall over rocket falls

radiohead - how to disappear completely is a great pick by all of you. but its still not my favorite, as that will go to "airbag."

sigur ros - the nothing song, the pop song, olsen olsen, a.b., luft.

future sound of london - papua new guinea

radioheads "lift" is also quite nice on the ears. their early guitar version or their more ambient newer take are both great and apparently im a poet and i didnt even know it. :kiss:

:kiss:

This thread should have one biased aussie hawking off some local tunes...

Midnight Oil - Dreamworld, Outbreak Of Love
Spiderbait - Stevie
Crowded House - Into Temptation

and international ones

Leftfield - Melt, Open Up
The Clash - White Man In Hammersmith Palais
Chemical Brothers - Setting Sun

and the soundtrack to Goodfellas (all 34 odd numbers)

"Red Eyes and Tears" By Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (or any of the first 5 songs on their CD for that matter all are *excellent* energetic, well-written, rock'n'roll songs)

Popmartijn said:
BTW, Salome, if you have a Van Leest (Dutch music store, for all of you non-Dutchies :) ) near, check it out. They have The Best Of Randy Newman (if you still want to check him out) and many other CD's for just 8 euros (or 15 euro for 2 CD's).
thanks, I'll check it out

Back
Top Bottom