Something must be wrong with me...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I've checked out and bought some albums from artists that were recommended here.

There were a few bands I liked, but a majority of others I wasn't much impressed:

:up:
sigur ros
BRMC
Interpol

: okay/soso,buthaspotential:
audioslave
zwan

:down:
Walkmen
the doves

let the lynching begin...

i didn't recommend any of those bands, so i won't hurt you :D

the walkmen aren't that fantastic...

Walkmen have one good song.

Doves are good if you're in the mood. Listening to their entire album in one sitting is a sure fire way to put yourself to sleep though.

I was just thinking the same thing. Whilst paying bills tonight, I've downloaded--

Sigur Ros--The Nothing Song
Doves--The Man Who Told Everything
BRMC--Love Burns

Not impressed with a darn one of 'em. Maybe I've picked the wrong songs?

I received a copy of BRMC for my birthday last month and just listened to it today. I love it! :heart:

doves are good, imo, but i only have last broadcast and i don't listen to it much...

the rest of 'em....i got nothin'

Well if you liked Sigur Ros, BRMC, and Interpol, you should check out this great little band called U2. They don't seem to be very big, but from what I hear, they're vastly underrated. :wink:

theSoulfulMofo said:
I've checked out and bought some albums from artists that were recommended here.

There were a few bands I liked, but a majority of others I wasn't much impressed:

:up:
sigur ros
BRMC
Interpol

: okay/soso,buthaspotential:
audioslave
zwan

:down:
Walkmen
the doves

let the lynching begin...

well done my son........:up:

i :heart: doves....check out...umm....'words' or 'pounding' off 'the last broadcast' and maybe....'catch the sun' or 'cedar room' off 'lost souls'...it's so hard to pick what to recommend because I :heart: it all, but if you are thinking of giving them another try, these might be good ones for you.... :)

BRMC is great. I suggest downloading "Whatever Happened To My Rock n Roll" and "Rifles" if Love Burns didn't do anything for you. :)

Last edited:
Hey, different strokes, we all have differing tastes around here!

I bought the Last Broadcast last weekend and I love it. The one band that I've tried to like (sounds interesting but doesn't do anything for me) here is GYBE! First band to spring to mind, anyway.

I'm not above downloading a few more songs and givings bands another try. I wouldn't judge U2 by one song alone because they're all so different. Thanks Diemen and jkayet for throwing some song titles out there.

What songs are good by Sigur Ros?

Doves are the best thing to come out of the UK in years:
Try these tunes:

Here It Comes
Catch The Sun
Cedar Room
Words
There Goes the Fear
New York
Satellites
Pounding
Caught By The River

Zwan is explosive as well. Try blasting "Lyric" when you get up on a sunny morning, it'll put a grin on your face.

:shocked:

you don't like doves. they are only one of the best bands out there now. and if ya can't tell already (check out my avatar and sig) I :heart: DOVES!!!!!!!!!!!

MrBrau1 said:
Doves are the best thing to come out of the UK in years:
Try these tunes:

Here It Comes
Catch The Sun
Cedar Room
Words
There Goes the Fear
New York
Satellites
Pounding
Caught By The River

:applaud:

also check out:
rise
break me gently
the last broadcast (song)
sulphur man

HeartlandGirl said:
I'm not above downloading a few more songs and givings bands another try. I wouldn't judge U2 by one song alone because they're all so different. Thanks Diemen and jkayet for throwing some song titles out there.

What songs are good by Sigur Ros?

svefn-g-englar
olsen olsen
and #1 and #7 or #8 off ()

Back
Top Bottom