some demos of my band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zwervers2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Dear folks at interference.

below you will find three songs fomr our soon to be released album. These are all demos and things have changed especially in S.F.W.Y.D.(after 2 minutes the song changes drasticly in the new version) but I decided to post these to hear from you what you think. These are homerecordings but I'm still very proud of them.We will record in july to finish everything...will be a 2disc album

S.F.W.Y.D(you can skip this after 2 minutes :drool:)
http://s13..com/d.aspx?id=19P1FLA42LF2O0AIOQWFFY7Y5K

Hopesong
http://s13..com/d.aspx?id=30286P9KA8US90D2DIPHJF3Z3G

If you wanna
http://s13..com/d.aspx?id=35JWQXDBVZOX2019XQV4Q41KJP

you know what to put between the dots

appreciate your reviews critism encouragements etc

VertigoGal said:
cool :up:

I think I already have the last two from some setlist party, but I'm downloading the first one :hyper:

anxious what you think!:dancing:

glad that i not finished the iq test in LS,...because now i feel stupid. Dots ? :confused:

Rono said:
glad that i not finished the iq test in LS,...because now i feel stupid. Dots ? :confused:

you see s13? after that are 2 dots put between the dots and copy paste them into your browser(adress)

I already had 2 songs , like VertigoGal and am listening to "S.F.W.Y.D." now.
What does this title stand for?

Ok, I'm typing while listening so this is spurr of the moment-feedback :)

The songs have a very different sound all 3 of them, melancholy being the common ground, in my opinion.
Your voice seems to have a wide range.
This SFWYD song reminds me a bit of The Sisters Of Mercy, dark new wavey feel.
Good guitarplayer (is he an Edge-fan? :) ).

I'm curious about your full album, any pix, cd cover ideas you want to share? :drool:

zwervers2 said:

you see s13? after that are 2 dots put between the dots and copy paste them into your browser(adress)

I think it's the words they need zwervers

put the words "you send it" without spaces btwn. the dots.

the soul waits said:

The songs have a very different sound all 3 of them, melancholy being the common ground, in my opinion.

I'm curious about your full album, any pix, cd cover ideas you want to share? :drool:

thanks!
the guitarplayer is me also
:wink:
Will come back in a sec

I can't get if you wanna to play for me :huh:

I thought hopesong was very good. You have a nice voice. :up: I agree with the sould waits definitely has a new wave sound.

How many people are in the band?

redkat said:
I can't get if you wanna to play for me :huh:

I thought hopesong was very good. You have a nice voice. :up: I agree with the sould waits definitely has a new wave sound.

How many people are in the band?

the band consists of 5 people and the heart of the group of 2. The record is done by two people and some "live"tracks with the band. everything you hear now is done by the two of us.

Thats great! Whats your background in music, age, previous projects?
Trying to get a full picture here :)
(plus as you may remember, my brother does similar projects and I'm very interested in all this stuff)
In "If you wanna" your voice reminds me of Deus' singer sometimes, you know them? Can't remember his name now, Tom Barman?

I like it, zwervers. If I didn't, I'd tell you so as well, so I'm not being polite. :)

the soul waits said:

S.F.W.Y.D. stands for song for while yu're driving. I wrote it the day I went home from work on my bike just hours after a famous filmmaker in holland was shot..the song is about the person who did it (sort of a look inside his head at that time) ...
Melancholic is my middlename I'm afraid and it is the theme on this record..Hopesong for instance was written in the Gambia where I spent a couple of weeks with my girlfriend..the river was litterally a small river running through a very small village where i used to play for all these small children with a guitar...I worte it because I was fired 1 month earlier and I felt really depressed..but then I started thinking about all the good and stuff and by that small river I wrote the song in maybe 15 minutes..It's still one of my favorites because I was able to write this so easy and it still sounds like how I really felt back,does that make sense

the soul waits said:
Thats great! Whats your background in music, age, previous projects?
Trying to get a full picture here :)
(plus as you may remember, my brother does similar projects and I'm very interested in all this stuff)
In "If you wanna" your voice reminds me of Deus' singer sometimes, you know them? Can't remember his name now, Tom Barman?

I like it, zwervers. If I didn't, I'd tell you so as well, so I'm not being polite. :)

I'm 30 years old, never have had a single musiclesson in my life(I'm glad) and this is my life's story...Never recorde anything else than this so it's very important for me :wink:

Thom Barman is a hero! I love deus and some songs have their influence no question.I know which parts you mean.."something quit good is gonna happen etc":wink: thanks for the compliment

Yes, that totally makes sense. And you know what? That's the beauty in being able to write music, painting, basically all forms of art and what I honestly envy (being creativily impared, lol) : that the whole range of emotions a person goes through in his life, the joy, the hurt and everthing in between at least RESULTS in a beautiful thing, a song, a painting, a sculpture.
Must be a great outlet.

I downloaded "S.F.W.Y.D.", it has a Depeche Mode vibe... I'm going to download the rest of the songs

the soul waits said:
Yes, that totally makes sense. And you know what? That's the beauty in being able to write music, painting, basically all forms of art and what I honestly envy (being creativily impared, lol) : that the whole range of emotions a person goes through in his life, the joy, the hurt and everthing in between at least RESULTS in a beautiful thing, a song, a painting, a sculpture.
Must be a great outlet.

it IS believe me..it's an incredible feeling if it "works"

Back
Top Bottom