So You Think You Can Dance!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last night was pretty good. I missed the first number, but eh, that's okay.

Lila, that list sounds pretty accurate to me as well. I've had enough of Courtney and her fake open-mouthed grin, so I hope she's ousted first tonight. :giggle:

Do I need a PM/Spoiler???

ETA:
I think I found the spoiler, which means I think my #2, which was practically even with #1 will win...

Those were some damn freaky rabbits! :ohmy: :lol:

I was surprised to see Katee out so soon - I was so sure she'd win it. But she got a fantastic prize!

Fun to see some of the previous season dancers. Alison's baby - did anyone catch her name? I think it sounded like Walter or something very non-girly.

Congrats to Joshua - he was so fantastic!

Congrats to Joshua - he definitely earned it! :applaud:

One thing though... 3rd place (1st place girl) gets $50K. 2nd place, Twitch gets...? Just wondering...

I loved Joshua too...but I was sure Katee would win...as far as all around dancer, she was the best...she helped her partners because she was so good....she at least deserved 2nd IMO
But, congrats to Joshua!

Congrats to Joshua - he definitely earned it! :applaud:

One thing though... 3rd place (1st place girl) gets $50K. 2nd place, Twitch gets...? Just wondering...

From EW.com

"I'm sure many of you feel like Katee's prize money should have gone to Twitch instead; while I totally sympathize, the show has always eliminated dancers with strict gender parity, so it wouldn't exactly have been fair for them to have suddenly started treating all the dancers as total equals at the very end. Besides, Cat never explicitly stated that Twitch was the true runner-up, but it definitely made for better drama to have the two street dancers standing next to each other at the end, didn't it? (Or did it? Katee and Joshua, together from the beginning, each with their own potent strengths — that would've been a nail-biter too.) In any case, I'm still totally happy that Joshua won; even if Mark had made it to the final four, I think I would've been able to see past my abiding bias for the quirky Hawaiian to realize that Joshua had the more versatile breadth of talent and skill."

Katee should have won, but I'm glad she won 50k! :ohmy:

Yeah what did Twitch get? :der:

And did you notice there was no mention of last year's winner? What ever happened to her? I can't even remember her name. Maddy said it started with a "C" :hmm:

Katee should have won, but I'm glad she won 50k! :ohmy:

Yeah what did Twitch get? :der:

I agree, Katee should have won. :up: I can't help but think she must have received more votes than Twitch. Did they just put him up there next to Joshua for show? But why wouldn't they have her up there with Josh?
It doesn't make since as to why Twitch didn't receive anything and they gave it to Katee because she's the top girl. Which is fair and the top female should win something because the best dance are the dances done as couple's.
But Twitch not receiving anything - is not at all fair, unless he didn't have more votes than Katee.
I don't know. Still scratching my head on this one.

I thought it would be Katee as well, but Joshua was amazing - he adapted to every style thrown at him with freakishly awesome talent.

I wondered if Katee really was the "second place" winner, but if they wanted to give the top girl a cash prize, it was easier to do it earlier in the show. It was pretty chaotic when Joshua won, and I can't imagine them trying to quiet the crowd, stop the confetti and announce that Katee had won $50,000.

Back
Top Bottom