So, who here likes Yes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hehe, my dad loves them.

I like what I've heard by them (and yes, I've heard more than just "Owner Of A Lonely Heart", LOL-although I do like that song). They've got some interesting music. I kinda like the way the lead singer's voice sounds, for some reason :shrug:. And there was one song by them I heard once that I really, really liked, but I can't think of the name of it right now. If I do, I'll get back to you. It was rather pretty.

Angela

Yes ... absolutely GREAT band !! :applaud:

AWESOME SONGS ::

Roundabout
All Good People
Yours Is No Disgrace
Owner Of A Lonely Heart
Hold On
It Can Happen
Changes
Leave It
Our Song
City Of Love
Hearts

You can see my favorite album is clearly ... 90125 !! :bow:

Originally posted by hippy

I haven't heard a lot from them, but I like what I've heard! :)

Ditto !! :wink:

I really love the "90125" album as those are the majority of my songs posted above ... :bow:

The songs "Roundabout", "All Good People" and "Yours Is No Disgrace" are other CLASSICS that I've heard and love too ! :love:

Although, I haven't got a clue what albums those 3 songs are on ... I've heard of them strictly from the radio play they have received in several past years ... :drool:

my junior high music class instructor (not band/orchestra instructor) is good friends with the guys from Yes. and he instructs the chorale of our junior high and every year they sing with Yes at a show i think?

sorry it was so offtopic. but yeah I've just heard of them.

MsMofoGone said:

The songs "Roundabout", "All Good People" and "Yours Is No Disgrace" are other CLASSICS that I've heard and love too ! :love:

Although, I haven't got a clue what albums those 3 songs are on ... I've heard of them strictly from the radio play they have received in several past years ... :drool:

I've Seen all Good People and Yours is No Disgrace are from The Yes Album, and Roundabout is from Fragile.

My favorite Yes songs are And You and I (easily one of my favorite songs ) and Starship Trooper.

Yes has a really strange quality that I haven't seen in any other bands. If you've heard their less poppy, more prog stuff you'd know what I mean. They give me a really relaxed and soothed feeling. I guess I'm a sap, but oh well.

They also have a couple songs that are 20 minutes long!

Last edited:
I love the 90125 album, that was a great 80's album, Changes is excellent. I also like Going For The One album, that has some big music on there, Rick Wakemans gigantic keyboard sounds, pretensious yes, but still good music.:wink:

Yes are an incredible band, and it is absolutely ridiculous that they are not in the Hall of Fame yet. With a string of amazing albums from the 70s, and then to have a hugely successful rebirth in the 80s, they have carried on longer than almost any other band. Yet nobody notices anymore.

Others have mentioned their more well-known material, but some of my favorites are:

Starship Trooper
Close To The Edge
The Gates Of Delirium (especially the "Soon" portion)
To Be Over
Awaken
Changes
Shoot High Aim Low
Lift Me Up
I Am Waiting
Mind Drive
Homeworld

Not well known songs perhaps, but definitely classics.

Ohhh yes someone else likes Homeworld.

A kinda interesting fact about that song: It was actually created for a computer game of the same name and played during the endings credits :)

You may have known that though.

Originally posted by rjhbonovox
I love the 90125 album, that was a great 80's album,
Changes is excellent.

Definitely agree with Changes ... Spectacular song !! :up:
Hearts is my second favorite song off the 90125 album ...
it's such an emotional love song ... :love:
I cried the first time I heard it ... :sad:

Originally posted by phanan
Yes are an incredible band, and it is absolutely ridiculous that they are not in the Hall of Fame yet.

Yet nobody notices anymore.

Absolutely agree 100%% !! :bow:

That's why this thread needs to be pushed back to the top !! :yes:

GREAT AWESOME BAND ... :applaud:
That does NOT get the recognition they deserved !! :tsk:

Last edited:
yes, like them, seen them many times (incredible), and the 70s material is the best.

BTW, I won tickets the other day on a radio station for the Howe/Squire/White Summer Drama Tour. May have to wait for the encore to arrive, LOL. Or get really :silent: before I get there, :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom