So What Are Your New Years-Holiday Plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Christmas eve will be at my in laws in Bklyn NY
Christmas day will be at my aunt's in Connecticut

For New Year's Eve/day we will be spending a couple of days at my wife's girlfriend's vacation home in the Poconos, Pennsylvania where there will be some skiing and massive alcohol consumption

Christmas Eve (Noche Buena) with my family...gotta love em
Christmas Day we are heading to Washington DC to do the touristy thing... This is the first time I go there..it's kind of exciting

It is actually my first wedding anniversary so I will be eating and drinking lots of champagne on NEw Years!!

Christmas day will be spend with my aunt and couisns. The day after Christmas my brother and his wife will arrive at my house and stay until Friday. Really don't know what I'll be doing for New Year's yet?

I am having some friends over for NYs Eve and we are gonna grill some steaks then drink around a roaring firepit in the backyard and ring in the new year!

Tomorrow (30th) I am celebrating another birthday with friends. Hopefully we will take tons of pics to post!

Another boozetastic NYE here. Not that it will any fun. We never have fun on new years. :| Too forced. I think my group needs some new blood. :wink:

I know one thing for sure. There will be plenty of Andre's to go around.

Pink Champagne and Cold Duck. :drool: :drool:

5176.jpg

WildHoneyAlways said:
Another boozetastic NYE here. Not that it will any fun. We never have fun on new years. :| Too forced. I think my group needs some new blood. :wink:

i hear you!!! :up:

my plans for New Year's Eve: hosting dinner and drinks at my apartment, then out to a bar on the LES with a bunch of friends...

BonosBaby12 said:
Awwww Carek that sounds like a lot of fun! I want to come as I have no plans yet,lol. Man this sucks! lol.

Come on, join us then! The more the merrier! Especially fellow U2 fans and fellow Blue Crack addicts. I just hope it doesn't RAIN!!!!

I was going to have a major party...but now it is going to be much smaller and quieter as I have been sick the last week...still fun though..food, drinks, games, maybe a fire in the firepit depending on the weather, hot tub...and great people (most important)

I want next year to be in NYC for sure though despite one4u2's claim..bring it on:drool: :drunk: :dance:

Soooooo many people I know are or have been sick this holiday! Hope you take it easy! Hot tubbing, drinking and being outside in the cold or in and out of hot/cold/hot/cold is not good, especially if you are trying to recover. :wink:

I don't think I would want to be in the throngs of millions in the NYC crowds for NYs.....I get claustrophobic in crowds and I Swear people lose their common sense and get so stupid when in big crowds. I'd much rather be indoors, all comfy and cozy watching the ball drop on TV!

that's probably where I'll be - on the couch, cozy and warm and drinking a little champagne to ring in the new year...

24.gif

I'm probably just gonna sit around and watch TV, or be a third wheel of sorts and tag along to whatever my sister and her boyfriend decide to do.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I'd love to do NYE in New York one year. :drool:

Maybe next year I'll stay home then do it in 2007. :hmm:

hooray, LMPA in NYC for New Year's!!! :hyper: i hope you are able to do it someday- keep me posted if you do decide to come... :up: :)

Carek1230 said:
Soooooo many people I know are or have been sick this holiday! Hope you take it easy! Hot tubbing, drinking and being outside in the cold or in and out of hot/cold/hot/cold is not good, especially if you are trying to recover. :wink:

I don't think I would want to be in the throngs of millions in the NYC crowds for NYs.....I get claustrophobic in crowds and I Swear people lose their common sense and get so stupid when in big crowds. I'd much rather be indoors, all comfy and cozy watching the ball drop on TV!

I'm staying home too Carek1230. All my friends have some kind of bug that 's going around.

Carek1230 said:

Thanks Carek....I think I will be indoors..I am such a nerd that once the boardgames (read - Trivial Pursuit :drool:)start I am done for..I am sure the guests will be all over the fun stuff though and I can't really stop them...I would be too in my normal state:)

I've had a bug for about two months and couldn't fight it and the last week it just blew out of control - I had to go to hosp on Christmas Eve, and yesterday was the worst day so far..today I feel much better and think I am finally getting over it...so I am not going to risk ruining that on Saturday. The only good thing was spending more time on interference..and losing 10lbs in 2 weeks..that won't last long though once I am back on solids!!:drool: sorry to whine, I'll stop now!!
A lot of people have been sick everywhere it seems..I feel for you all:hug: :hug:
I hope everyone has a good New Years, and a peaceful one if that is what you would like too:heart: :dance: :rockon: :)

Take care Snowbunny....take it slow, this flu cold thing can really hold you back for several weeks so just when you THINK you are feeling better it strikes again. Better to stay warm, dry, rested, hydrated and heal slowly. Sucks this time of year, especially holidays. Sucks being sick, period!

Happy New Year tho! :cool:

youtooellen said:
I'll be watching television drinking grape juice at the stroke of midnight.

And if I'm feeling rebellious, I'll mix my grape juice with some 7Up or Sprite. :)

I liked this one. Made me laugh. :)

Be rebellious, baybee! :rockon:

As for me... I think I'll watch my SK video. Haven't seen it in a long time. Might have a little smoke in Stevie's honour too. :wink: :)

Happy Almost New Year! We've got three hours to go here in Newfoundland and Labrador. I'll soon be watching the fireworks with a load of dinking people...:| Hope the light show makes up for it :happy:

Here's to a great 2006 for all (drinkers included) Interference peeps :up:

You guys are the bestest ;)

Back
Top Bottom