So tell me how popular are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
any of your parents tell you what your name would have been if you had been born the opposite sex? if i was a girl, i was gonna be called gwakitch cakevixxa. :(

Awwwwww, that´s lovely Zoomy! :)

I would have been called Michael.

Damn, why weren´t you born as a girl,
i could tell everyone that i have a friend called Gwakitch Cakevixxa!!! :mad:

Evalicious said:
Awwwwww, that´s lovely Zoomy! :)

I would have been called Michael.

Damn, why weren´t you born as a girl,
i could tell everyone that i have a friend called Gwakitch Cakevixxa!!! :mad:

i was only kidding about the name. :wink:

My name, Devlin, means Brave, fierce. The popularity rank of my name has been less than 1000 for the past 100 years. Not surprising, I have yet to meet anyone with my first name, I have met some people who have it as a last name, though (it was my dad's grandma's maiden name, that's where my parents got it from).

My middle name Patricia, meaning of noble descent, is a bit more popular:
1900s 287
1910s 170
1920s 30
1930s 5
1940s 4
1950s 3
1960s 6
1970s 32
1980s 61
1990s 126

And my other name Moira, bitter (nice), is just slightly more popular than my first name, reaching an all-century high ranking of 967 in the '60s

Evalicious said:
I think Gwakitch sounds a lot better than zoomerang96, you should tell your parents that! :mad:

well, believe it or not, my parents didn't name me zoomerang96 either. :wink:

Mine means Laurel-Crowned. I guess there are a few names that mean "crowned". I am surprised at the popularity of my particular spelling, though it does shed light on why I meet others with my exact name that are usually older.

Middle name means meadow. Mom was being hopeful of a quiet, peaceful daughter. :rolleyes: Needless to say (but being said anyway) that name was none too popular.

Fred: Peaceful Ruler (woooo hoooo I rule !!)

My name has been in a popularity free-fall for the past 100 years, but hey, at least I am a member of the very selective "Freds" club. Here are a few of our members:

-Fred Sanford
-Fred Rodgers
-Fred Astaire
-Fred Flinstone

Carlos - Means: From the name CARL

1900's 222
1910's 234
1920's 182
1930's 147
1940's 136
1950's 114
1960's 93
1970's 60
1980's 64
1990's 58

I'm more popular than ever! :wink:

Mine doesnt make any sense.

I have two first names (hyphenated)........

The first part, Mary, was number one forever and it means.............BITTER!??!?! Are you kidding me?

Now this is the best part.............the second part of my first name is Kathleen. And it means VIRGINAL.

So am I bitter about being virginal?

Why yes. Yes, I am.

:angry:

originally posted by Schmeg
Megan- means soft and gentle.

This has to be a mistake. Every name book or website I've read says it means "pearl". (which explains my screen name!)

Back
Top Bottom