So...Q4 2007 albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kevin Drew-Spirit If...
Animal Collective-Strawberry Jam
Devendra Banhart-Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Canyon

I also just read in Billboard that a new B-sides album by The Killers will be out before the end of the year.

Every once in a while an artist/band comes out with an album that they were put on earth to make......and that is their most triumphant moment.

Some examples:

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon
Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run (and Born in the USA)
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonley Hearts Club Band
The Eagles - Hotel California
U2 - Achtung Baby
Madonna - Ray Of Light

And now comes an artist who has recorded and released the DEFINITVE album of his entire career - an epic 25-song double CD that is an absolute lyrical and musical masterpiece. An album that will leave you speechless even if you've never been a fan or even heard of him before.

I'm referring to the album "This Delicate Thing We've Made" by Darren Hayes......this album has already been released and listening to it is an experience that will absolutely blow your mind!

In short,.....:bow: :bow: :bow: :up: :up:

AchtungBono said:

And now comes an artist who has recorded and released the DEFINITVE album of his entire career - an epic 25-song double CD that is an absolute lyrical and musical masterpiece. An album that will leave you speechless even if you've never been a fan or even heard of him before.

I'm referring to the album "This Delicate Thing We've Made" by Darren Hayes......this album has already been released and listening to it is an experience that will absolutely blow your mind!

In short,.....:bow: :bow: :bow: :up: :up:

"On the Verge of Something Wonderful" is a ripper of a tune, has got some swagger about it. Pity all the elitist music fans and critics have already made up their mind about him, and will be prejudiced towards his music, because it is classified as "pop".

U2inUtah said:
Although not new material, I'm looking forward to the R.E.M. Live CD/DVD coming out on Oct. 16th. Something to hold me over until the new album is released. (Hopefully in early 2008)

:drool:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i like the killers and all but have they really been around long enough for a b-sides album?

I guess since they've "just started out" they have a lot that they could have put on either of the first two records.....so I think while they haven't been round for long...its good they're releasing one.

U2inUtah said:
I also just read in Billboard that a new B-sides album by The Killers will be out before the end of the year.

So they're reissuing Sam's Town? :slant:

LemonMelon said:

So they're reissuing Sam's Town? :slant:

High-oh!

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i like the killers and all but have they really been around long enough for a b-sides album?

Probably not, hopefully they throw in some demo tracks and the song from Spidey 3.

Here's the link to the article about The Killers B side album:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003630149

"In England we have a lot of B-sides that people in America would never know about because we don't have singles here," Flowers tells Billboard.com. "So we have about 15 of these songs that people have never heard, and we wanted to stick them on something for people to get to have them all together."

The tentative song list includes "All the Pretty Faces" ("When You Were Young" B-side), movie soundtrack tunes "Shadowplay" (a Joy Division cover from Anton Corbijn's Ian Curtis biopic "Control") and "Move Away" ("Spider-man 3"), as well as a cover of Mel Tillis' "Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town." Flowers also hasn't ruled out putting a new track or two on the album, which he hopes to have out by the holiday season.

Also, maybe some good news for the next album:

Upon mentioning the appeal of the '80s dance-inspired "Jacques Lu Cont's Thin White Duke Mix" version of "Mr. Brightside," Flowers hinted the band could be returning to that sound. "That's something we really love," Flowers says, "and that possibly could be a third album idea."

Sounds good to me, maybe it'll be better than Sam's Town. I've loved it's singles, but not so much on a lot of the album material.

elevated_u2_fan said:
Iron & Wine's new CD; The Shepherd's Dog is out on September 25...

me = excited :hyper:

Me too! I've read great reviews already.

Also the new Rilo Kiley is just out and I love it.

Cool kids have already hear the new Go Team, Kanye, and Iron&Wine. They're all excellent, Top Ten list worthy additions to 2007.

But Okkervil River still wasn't topped. :drool:

New Animal Collective was only ok by their impeccably high standards. :|

Back
Top Bottom