So long Pluto, we hardly knew thee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GibsonGirl said:

Wasn't talking about this forum specifically. Someone started a petition on another forum to get Pluto re-classified as a planet. And I'm not entirely sure if he was joking. :huh:

Yeah, actually I was kidding...:|

Dismantled said:
at least they're musical:happy:

cantinabandf.gif

:happy:!

We also have Guinness, sweet nectar of life:drool:

pluto_da_planet said:

:happy:!

We also have Guinness, sweet nectar of life:drool:

I have an idea! Let's watch the Plutonian Musical while drinking Guiness! I'll bring the popcorn!:corn:

Who's with me?

It'll will be a Kodak moment!:camera:

I missed Pluto's funeral on Friday. So sad to see it demoted to snowball status. :(

GibsonGirl said:
It's strange and a bit sad to think that young children won't be learning about the little ice planet anymore. :sad: I wrote a story about travelling to Pluto when I was in primary school.

Was it a true story? :wink:

When I was in grade 6, our class project was to write a storybook for the kindergarten class down the hall. Mine was called Benny the Blob goes to the Moon.

I'm actually fascinated by space. If I ever build a house, I'd love to have some kind of observatory thing on the roof.

angelordevil said:

Was it a true story? :wink:

When I was in grade 6, our class project was to write a storybook for the kindergarten class down the hall. Mine was called Benny the Blob goes to the Moon.

I'm actually fascinated by space. If I ever build a house, I'd love to have some kind of observatory thing on the roof.

At least the character in your story went to the moon. That's at least feasible! When I was in grade 2, I wrote a story about travelling to Jupiter in Apollo 11 from the viewpoint of Neil Armstrong. :( All the other kids wrote about the moon, but nooo the moon wasn't good enough for Neil in MY story. I have graphical evidence of this from a 'newsletter' our teachers used to publish for our parents. http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/dysprosium2005/dumbstory.gif

Nice, an observatory. :drool: I'd love to have one on my house as well. Standing out in the garden in the freezing cold with your telescope makes stargazing a little difficult.

GibsonGirl said:

I have graphical evidence of this from a 'newsletter' our teachers used to publish for our parents. http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/dysprosium2005/dumbstory.gif

Nice, an observatory. :drool: I'd love to have one on my house as well. Standing out in the garden in the freezing cold with your telescope makes stargazing a little difficult.

:cute: I love these:

"We were nearly at Mars and in ten minits we were at Mars."

"It was night time and I had to eat from a packet."

It's so cool that you have that as a memento. Pretty damn good for grade 2! The illustrations make it look like the liner notes of a space-themed concept album :wink:

It's especially cold out now for star-gazing :( I'm thinking some sort of plexiglass bubble on the roof might overcome that. Of course it would have to be heated, and that would also take care of a potential snowfall blocking the view.

Back
Top Bottom