So long Pluto, we hardly knew thee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Colbert Report only has a few minutes left and he has yet to say one word about this....Iwonder if he's embaressed :lol:

Pluto I will always love you planet, dwarf planet, whatever you will still be my favorite

I guess this means that probe they sent to Pluto needs to turn around and come home now?

me eh.....

well why does every one love mars....all the chicks are good looking ya know but come on...i got just as good a planet as they do but im smaller and cute..well maybe this bono guy could help me:hmm:and this Guinness you talk about......is it good??

Mars has simply whored itslef as a cheap marketing ploy....

Mars-Bar.jpg

As if they have chocolare on mars. :tsk:

Pluto on the other hand has tons of fun stuff!
Like below freezing tempatures!!! Perfect for freezies....

Guinness, my dear planetary friend, is a wonderful thing.

yaa really.......whores over there....the men aren't that great ether.....all mean:tsk:all want one thing!!!

this Guinness..you should send me this stuff......or one of my people should go to the main headquarters...now let me just get a pen and paper and i will write this down.:happy:

:sad: I thought I was the one being saved too how depressing...

For what it's worth I think it's a shame that Goofy, also being a dog, is viewed as sooo superior to Pluto....

Look at the way Pluto's getting the short end of the stick all over the place

Pluto's so cute :cute: I love the episode where he was trying to eat this bone and this big bully dog tried to steal it from him but Pluto outsmarted him in the end...yeah you're right....Pluto is smarter than Goofy lol

I'm saved :dance:

bono_212 said:
poooooooooooor poor stephen colbert then if this is the case he's gonna be kicking himself real soon

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GwocBYzqMRA

:lmao: I loved how that guy's caption was "Disgraced Astrophysist"

so wait, scientists said Pluto might not be a planet, then they said we might have like 12 planets including Pluto, and now they're saying again that Pluto's not a planet? MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MINDS!!

if we get new planets we're naming them Zooropa, Zarlock-9, and Colbert (c'mon, a Hungarian bridge isn't enough)

It makes sense to classify Pluto as a "minor planet," instead of a "classical planet." It doesn't share any of the characteristics we'd expect out of a planet, and it's not in the business of science to cower to tradition or public opinion polls.

I think it was a good move on the part of science to reclassify Pluto and similar objects (note that I did not use the word "demote," because that's an absolutely silly term to use in this case).

Melon

melon said:
It makes sense to classify Pluto as a "minor planet," instead of a "classical planet." It doesn't share any of the characteristics we'd expect out of a planet, and it's not in the business of science to cower to tradition or public opinion polls.

I think it was a good move on the part of science to reclassify Pluto and similar objects (note that I did not use the word "demote," because that's an absolutely silly term to use in this case).

Melon

Exactly. Things are constantly changing in the world of science. People have to accept this, even though it means losing a nostalgic part of one's education. Could you imagine the outrage if something similar to the Internet was around when it was proposed that light could exist as both a wave AND a particle?

"No way, I grew up learning that light was a wave, and that's that!"

"Wave theory FTW!"

"Screw de Broglie! Screw Einstein! How dare they change the laws of science on me?!1?!1 I'm going to start a petition against the idea that light can exist as a wave and a particle! We all know it can only exist as one and not the other!"

Dismantled said:
we're not seriously crying over this or anything...

Wasn't talking about this forum specifically. Someone started a petition on another forum to get Pluto re-classified as a planet. And I'm not entirely sure if he was joking. :huh:

tpsglick2424 said:

Yeah smart comment, do you want the plutonians to get you first?

:uhoh: oh yeah.....I forgot about the plutonians! Oooh I am crying my eyes out over this:sad: long live pluto:sad:

GibsonGirl said:

Wasn't talking about this forum specifically. Someone started a petition on another forum to get Pluto re-classified as a planet. And I'm not entirely sure if he was joking. :huh:

ahhh:wink: gotcha

Back
Top Bottom