So, Has Anyone Actually Tried Xanax and Wine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
just curious.......

isn't that dangerous?

dude, dont do it, I have a friend that tried it. Xanax is for anxiety. Wine is for everyone. If you dont have anxiety, and belive me, you dont want it, dont try it. She took one along with a few cocktails, and we had to stop on the freeway cause she was throwing up, so along with that, the cops pulled in right behind us, ( mind you, this was about 4 years ago). But she puked for about 3 hours straight. I lived in Hollywood for a long time and met alot of people who would take a pill that they didnt know what it was, just so they could tell you what it does, but I do not think that this combo is a good idea. Unless you like to puke and possibly die from the lethal combo.

Nah... 48 hours with 2 hours sleep, and it didnh't help sleeping longer at all... Stupid insomnia! Oh wait, I was drinking vodka not wine. No wonder stupid stuff didn't work.

Maggie1 said:
Never tried it, but I know it will make you very sick.
Never mix tranqulizers with alcohol. People have died from doing that.:silent: :shame:

A girl at my school died two weeks ago :( . She had taken like 2 sleeping pills and had one drink, but since she hadn't eaten in so long, that was all it took to kill her.

Hi!

Says may cause drowsiness, alcohol may intensify effect and avoid eating or drinking grapefruit products with this med.

carol
wizard2c
:|

Grapefruit juice is known to inhibit an enzyme system found in the small intestine that metabolizes some drugs prior to absorption into the bloodstream. This system is called CYP 3A4 and does play a role in the metabolism of certain drugs. Drugs that are affected by this interaction are metabolized less than usual when they are taken with GJ, allowing a higher amount to reach the bloodstream, and this will cause higher drug levels, sometimes with increases in clinical effects or side effects. GJ also affects a transporter called p-glycoprotein. The effects of this are less clearly defined, but p-glycoprotein is responsible for actively secreting some absorbed drugs back into the small bowel.

Got this info from the web.

Last edited:

Doozer61 said:
Grapefruit juice is known to inhibit an enzyme system found in the small intestine that metabolizes some drugs prior to absorption into the bloodstream. This system is called CYP 3A4 and does play a role in the metabolism of certain drugs. Drugs that are affected by this interaction are metabolized less than usual when they are taken with GJ, allowing a higher amount to reach the bloodstream, and this will cause higher drug levels, sometimes with increases in clinical effects or side effects. GJ also affects a transporter called p-glycoprotein. The effects of this are less clearly defined, but p-glycoprotein is responsible for actively secreting some absorbed drugs back into the small bowel.

Got this info from the web.

Hi!

Thank you, Dr. Gupta.... :ohmy:

carol
wizard2c
:|

I've done it because my insomnia was so horrible that I was desperate for some good sleep. That was pretty stupid though, people shouldn't abuse meds like that.

Bonochick said:
I've done it because my insomnia was so horrible that I was desperate for some good sleep. That was pretty stupid though, people shouldn't abuse meds like that.

really?
how many glasses of wine and what dosage of xanax?

my sister used to take xanax with beer.
one day when she was off work she called me while i was at work ..she was acting wierd...
her apartment was right near where i worked so i went over there on my lunch and she was on the couch sleeping...
i couldnt even wake her up ..so my mom came over and got her to wake up...and then she......my sister...dials 911 and hangs up the phone so the fire /ambulance came...
they took her away and she almost got sent to a state hospitol -
cuz the psychiatrist thought he should admit her for acting so looney
it was really weird..cuz she was givin me shit on the phone and then shes like fine dont come over( but she knew I would) she left her apartment door open a crack cuz she knew she wouldnt hear me buzz her apartment when i got there/ so once someone came out and i got in i found her asleep on the couch.
what a shitty thing to do ...i love her so much but what a fucked up thing

I'm curious as to why you're curious bout this JOFO. :eyebrow:

I admit I've done it before and nothing bad happened, but apparently that is a huge exception to the norm....You aren't planning on experiementing are you? (puts on her mother hen hat)

Seriously, there is NO REASON to use perscription medication for recreational purposes. Several people here have mentioned cases of death when mixing these drugs with alcohol, and like DeadMansParty mentioned, I also had to pull over on the freeway so that a friend who I had been at a bar with could throw up. I knew he had only had a few beers, and he said it was because he took xanax "for the buzz." He got off lucky. Don't do it. Don't take it with alcohol. It's a song, but so is "Cocaine" by JJ Cale and "Killing an Arab" by the Cure, and "I Believe I Can Fly" by some R&B singer. That doesn't mean you should try any of these stupid things.

Likewise, I'm sick of hearing about high school and college students in my area dying from highly-addictive perscription opiates such as Oxycontin that some 50-year old patient sold them. Is a buzz really wiorth your life?

~U2Alabama

starsgoblue said:
I'm curious as to why you're curious bout this JOFO. :eyebrow:

I admit I've done it before and nothing bad happened, but apparently that is a huge exception to the norm....You aren't planning on experiementing are you? (puts on her mother hen hat)

no, I don't plan on taking xanax and wine.
I won't go into specifics here, but I was curious for a number of reasons.
thanks to everyone that responded.

I had a friend who nearly died from eating twenty-something xanax peaches. His dad had just passed away and he was real depressed. He's still not right, but not quite as bad. I'm sure he's mixed xanax with beer at some point, can't quite recall exactly when though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom