So early reviews (internet people) say Cloverfield is shit; do I go see it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

• Yes

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Cock

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters
I vote a definite no. At least not rushing out and seeing it straight away. When 150% of the films hype is simply about the films hype, then all I can think of is the following: ID4.

I'm seeing with my friends on Friday, so even if it sucks, we can have a good time anyway.

My answer, btw:

cosbyandhiscockqd3.jpg

Now it's 71%! That's good enough for me. I've managed to avoid any spoilers and don't know anything other than what's in the trailers. I'm definitely going to see it this weekend.

As for you, Mr. Mike - are you going to let internet people sway your opinions? Do you want to see it? Then see it! Internet people are jaded and snooty - if something doesn't live up to intense hype, it's just not good enough. And sometimes they put shit down because it makes them look cool.

(I suppose you could say the same thing about movie critics, but I tend to give them a little more credit than random goofballs on the internet.)

To hell with them. See it if you want.

BrownEyedBoy said:
Why has this movie been hyped up so much? :huh:

It's had a very clever marketing/publicity campaign.

4 people from my work saw it last night (seperately): Three gave it 0 stars, 1 gave it half a star because it has a Black Keys song in it.

I just got back from a midnight showing. I thought the movie was very entertaining. Cloverfield is the kind of movie that can only be enjoyed in the movie theatre. I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

Oh, I really don't have a desire to see Cloverfield. I just think Dalton sucks.

Well, it's got a 60 on Metacritic with a 76% user rating, and last time I checked a 75% on RottenTomatoes. So that's hardly "shit".

Lance, have you seen it yet?

The only area that I would grade it down is that I don't think it holds or builds suspense very well. But, I'm not sure that it wants to be suspenseful. It works very hard (and succeeds) in making you feel like you are in the situation. Information is limited. Stimulus is high.

Its a good ride.

Back
Top Bottom