So does David Gray have a new CD coming out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes. Life in Slow Motion will be released in Ireland on September 9, in the UK and Europe on September 12, and in the USA and Canada on September 13.

I was going to start a thread but here it is!

I just got it this weekend and I LOVE IT!!!!! Honestly, I think it's his best yet. The songs on this album seem to have more depth both musically and lyrically.

White Ladder-solid
A New Day at Midnight-better
Life in Slow Motion-best

I like all the tracks, but so far Slow Motion, Nos Da Cariad, and Ain't No Love, and The One I Love are my favorites.

And I like the dual disc concept as well as the cover picture which I would bet was taken in Argentina. :heart:

I can't wait until November! I have wanted to see him live since 1998 and I finally get the chance.

I :heart: David Gray!

What does everyone else think?

White Ladder is his best.
I love White Ladder and I will not apologize for it.
I like M. Ward....but I also like White Ladder, I can't think of many faults with it

now, his last cd was not very good.

But this album puts me in the same kind of mindset as whiteladder.
Bittersweet and yet strangely optimistic. He sounds like a Van Morrison...and I like that, cos there aren't really a lot of people doing the Van Morrison thing

Dissapearing World, Alibi, and Slow Motion are songs I enjoy very much
However, there are some bad choices, lyircally.
Like "Tell the Repo man...that you're the one I love"

Some of the music is overwhelming as well. Or, at least, it sounds like it's overwhelming him

But it's a good album for crying into your diary

David Gray puts on a great live show.

And if seeing him and hearing the music wasn't enough, his drummer Clune is worth the price of admission.

JessicaAnn said:
David Gray puts on a great live show.

And if seeing him and hearing the music wasn't enough, his drummer Clune is worth the price of admission.

:hyper: :hyper:

yes, I agree about it being a good album for crying into your diary. I have been contemplating life a lot while listening. :sexywink:

Another great album from David Gray. Lately and Slow Motion are my favorites so far.

Basstrap said:
White Ladder is his best.
I love White Ladder and I will not apologize for it.
I like M. Ward....but I also like White Ladder, I can't think of many faults with it

now, his last cd was not very good.

But this album puts me in the same kind of mindset as whiteladder.
Bittersweet and yet strangely optimistic. He sounds like a Van Morrison...and I like that, cos there aren't really a lot of people doing the Van Morrison thing

Dissapearing World, Alibi, and Slow Motion are songs I enjoy very much
However, there are some bad choices, lyircally.
Like "Tell the Repo man...that you're the one I love"

Some of the music is overwhelming as well. Or, at least, it sounds like it's overwhelming him

But it's a good album for crying into your diary

Damn you if I wasnt going to post that word for word....

his new single slow motion sounds alright , its released sometime in june so heads up for that , cant believe alibi finished so low in the uk charts (73) , i loved it.

going to see him play on 19th june...iv not really heard much of his music to be honest but i was curious so i bought tickets.

ha that comment about the wobbly head made me laugh as once i told my mate i was going to see him he wouldnt shut up about the wobbly head and i had no idea what he was on about!

Princey said:
going to see him play on 19th june...iv not really heard much of his music to be honest but i was curious so i bought tickets.

ha that comment about the wobbly head made me laugh as once i told my mate i was going to see him he wouldnt shut up about the wobbly head and i had no idea what he was on about!

omg i wish i could go , i wanan see him badly . please take some pictures !!

vaz02 said:

omg i wish i could go , i wanan see him badly . please take some pictures !!

seeing him in Hull, thats not too far from manchester...hour an a half/2 hours maybe?

dont think its sold out...

Canadiens1160 said:
He's a bit of a one-trick pony, vocals-wise.

yeah he is lol , i still love him.

he's a rareity actually though , not many singers/muscians play their on instruments during the recording process.

he's good on the keys and alright with the guitar :drool:

Not that I'm comparing the two, but

Canadiens1160 said:
He's a bit of a one-trick pony, vocals-wise.

The same could be said of Bob Dylan.

Back OT, I really like this album. The first time I heard Ain't No Love I had to put it on repeat for about 4 plays. Beautiful song. :up:

Re: Not that I'm comparing the two, but

Diemen said:

The same could be said of Bob Dylan.

Back OT, I really like this album. The first time I heard Ain't No Love I had to put it on repeat for about 4 plays. Beautiful song. :up:
Woah woah woah, you used the words 'Bob' and 'Dylan' in the same sentence as other human words, and on an internet forum?

We should not speak of Him so in such lowly circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom