Snow Patrol tour 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgeman

Refugee
Has anyone seen them on this years tour yet?

They are coming through Edmonton shortly and I was wondering if anyone had an awesome setlist...or reactions to the tour so far. I'm pretty stoked to see them.

you guys going on monday are lucky ducks!! Enjoy and PLEASE GIVE A REPORT ON HOW THE SHOW WENT!! Reviews!:wink:

I want to know what I am looking forward to next weekend.. :D

Saw Snow Patrol last Friday night in Grand Prairie (Dallas). I thought they were great. I'd had a bad week and almost cancelled but definitely glad I went. Their set was about 90 minutes long I think. I didnt write down the setlist and it appears our local media left before their set started! :( They opened with Spitting Games and played Headlights on Dark Roads towards the beginning and about midway we got Chasing Cars, Shut Your Eyes and Set the Fire to the Third Bar during which Gary pulled a girl from the audience to sing Martha Wainwright's part. It was funny, all he asked was for someone who knew the words. After they had her wired, she tells him she can't sing :) He decided to keep her there anyhow and she did know all the words :) I thought she was really nervous although my friend thought it was prearranged. They ended the main set with Run and You're All I have. Make This Go On Forever, and Somwhere a Clock is Ticking along with a couple other songs from Final Straw were in the mix too. Encore was The Finish Line, Open Your Eyes ands Hands Open, it was a really good way to end the show.

Silversun Pickups opened followed by OK Go whose music I'm even less familiar with. But they were ok :) The singer for OK Go had us do the wave and light the theater with our cell phones ala Bono :) Some of their visuals on the projection screen behind them were pretty cool but when they fired up 4 or 5 of those crazy arm air things (think props for furniture closeouts or 7/11 openings) my friend and I simultaneously admitted we were definitely spoiled ;)

I'm sure all of you will have a great time at the shows! You'll also notice something a little familiar with regards to the stage :)

Just out of curiosity, does anyone else here think that "Chasing Cars" sounds like an inferior, watered down version of Jimmy Eat World's "Just Watch the Fireworks"?

If any of you Snow Patrol fans here haven't heard that song, it's most definitely worth checking out. Real class song. :up:

Anu said:
Hopefully the youtube links will last til tomorrow when I can watch them on a fast connection.

Too bad they are not playing Nashville, and I couldn't find a show I could travel for.

I hope so too. If not you can email me and I can upload to another site like m e g a u p l o a d or something.

My email: Liams_mom@yahoo.com

IT WAS SO GOOD!!! But my friends are stupid and they forced me to leave after Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking. :sad: :sad: :scream: But they were amazing!!!!!!!! But I'm SO UPSET I didn't get to see Run. :(

And we met the guitar player from OKGO!!! The one who was in the striped suit!! And the lead singer was sitting on the tour bus but I didn't realize that he was cute so I didn't try to get him to come out...I wish I knew how cute he was!! :lol: I'll post the pics tomorrow, I have to go finish homework and go to sleep!!

I just got home...SNOW PATROL BLEW MY MIND!!! They were so good! I was really surprised at how great their show was. They are so full of energy! They played all the songs that I love...highlights for me: Hands Open, Chasing Cars, Chocolate, Make This Last Forever, Spitting Games,Run, You're All I have...you know what, the entire show was great!

Gary is really great at interacting with the crowd. He is very funny.

Ok Go were great! Silversun Pickup were great too!

I met one of the guitarists from Snow Patrol after the show (sooo nice!)!!! I also met the lead singer of Ok Go and the bassist from Ok Go....and a member from Silversun Pickups...

I had a blast. It was definitely worth while.

prisz25 said:
I just got home...SNOW PATROL BLEW MY MIND!!! They were so good! I was really surprised at how great their show was. They are so full of energy! They played all the songs that I love...highlights for me: Hands Open, Chasing Cars, Chocolate, Make This Last Forever, Spitting Games,Run, You're All I have...you know what, the entire show was great!

Gary is really great at interacting with the crowd. He is very funny.

Ok Go were great! Silversun Pickup were great too!

I met one of the guitarists from Snow Patrol after the show (sooo nice!)!!! I also met the lead singer of Ok Go and the bassist from Ok Go....and a member from Silversun Pickups...

I had a blast. It was definitely worth while.

this is so AWESOME! Thanks for your review.. I am soo EXCITED NOW!! Going to see them in NJ this Saturday!! :hyper:

That was a great show. Easily the best I have seen this year! :up:
I was like 15 feet from the stage.

My friends and I were talking after the show about how much we liked Gary's interaction with the crowd. It was a small enough venue for him to be chatting it up with a few people.
I recorded his best little talking bit because that accent is just :combust:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8utzdk35itd
I just can't tell one thing. Is he saying:

Do they think we are in the fucking hood?
OR
Do they think we are the fucking Who?

The whole show was amazing. I got some close up pictures too.

I also took a bunch of video too.
:wink:

So I took more video than pictures but here is one of Nathan, one of the guitarists up close after the concert!!!:drool: (i'm on the right)

Back
Top Bottom