Snow Patrol tour 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PlaTheGreat said:
That was a great show. Easily the best I have seen this year! :up:
I was like 15 feet from the stage.

My friends and I were talking after the show about how much we liked Gary's interaction with the crowd. It was a small enough venue for him to be chatting it up with a few people.
I recorded his best little talking bit because that accent is just :combust:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8utzdk35itd
I just can't tell one thing. Is he saying:

Do they think we are in the fucking hood?
OR
Do they think we are the fucking Who?

sounds like the fucking Who to me :huh:

thanks for that, I love hearing him speak :heart:
I was asked why he says fuck so often. :tsk:

PlaTheGreat said:
That was a great show. Easily the best I have seen this year! :up:
I was like 15 feet from the stage.

My friends and I were talking after the show about how much we liked Gary's interaction with the crowd. It was a small enough venue for him to be chatting it up with a few people.
I recorded his best little talking bit because that accent is just :combust:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8utzdk35itd
I just can't tell one thing. Is he saying:

Do they think we are in the fucking hood?
OR
Do they think we are the fucking Who?

The whole show was amazing. I got some close up pictures too.

I also took a bunch of video too.
:wink:

ooohhhhhhhhh!!!!! very cool pics!! Post the video if you can I would love to see it.!:drool: :wink:

I saw them from the second row of people at the Tabernacle in Atlanta last year. They had a lot of technical problems, but it was still a great show.

clifedge said:
I saw them from the second row of people at the Tabernacle in Atlanta last year. They had a lot of technical problems, but it was still a great show.
How were the seats at the Tabernacle? What section did you get?

OMG!!! WHAT A GREAT GREAT SHOW IN CAMDEN, NJ!!:drool: :drool:
Both opening bands were just great. I really like OK GO (great music, they also covered an ELO song, Don't get me Down I believe, that was fun) the lead singer was hilarious. Interacting with the crowd constantly. I had no idea they were a local band, that the singer is from the DC area.
Anyways.. I didn't bring my camera like a moron cuz we had reserved seats about 23 rows up from the stage. And we were sitting thinking it would be cool to be in the GA Pit. I noticed one of the venue staff walking around talking to various people in our section and the next one. I was wondering what she was asking them. So, she finally came up to these young guys in the row in front of us and actually were right there talking in front of us. They asked them if they wanted to trade their seats for pit tickets. And before these guys could utter a word. Me and my hubby said "WE WILL TAKE THEM!!" and the guy said wait we asked these guys first. So these guys finally said no they wanted to stay. So WE GOT PIT TIX!! WE WERE SO JAZZED! I just can't believe all these people turned down pit tix before us. I mean to be up front right there in front of the band.. and you say no thank you? :banghead: So, we walked into the pit and I got right on the rail on the left side of the stage (I was having U2 GA flashbacks...hahaha I said to myself, hey I am right in front of Edge :giggle: ) Once we got there I was thinking WHY DID I HAVE TO FORGET MY CAMERA..:mad: So I was stuck using my RED Motorazr camera. I might get something out of it.. doubtfully tho.

Snow Patrol were incredible.. they didn't get on stage till after 10pm. They were a lot of fun. Gary was funny interacting with the crowd. I don't know about others saying they couldn't understand him but I heard him loud and clear.

Here's the setlist ( I happened to ask the security guy for btw..)

Spitting Games
Beginning to get to me
Chocolate
Headlights
How to be dead
Grazed Knees
Chasing Cars
Shut your eyes
Set fire to the third bar (brought a girl up from the audience for this, she did all right)
Somewhere a clock is ticking
Make this go on forever
Ways and means
Run :)heart: this song!)
You're all I have
Encore
Finish line
Open your eyes
Hands open

The show last night was amazing!!! What did you think, HelloAngel (and anyone else who was there...)?

The Silversun Pickups were pretty decent and OkGo were good too. They definitely had some stage presence. But Snow Patrol... they were AWESOME!! My friend and I had GA tix and instead of taking the rail (on Edge's side :giggle: ) we decided to stand about 3 "people" rows back slightly left of center. Except wouldn't you know, a lady about 5'7 ended up directly in front of me for about 50% of the concert. Little 'ole 5'1 missed a lot. :lol:

I forgot my camera but picked up a disposable one so who knows how those shots will come out.

We met a gal, Emma, before the show from Glasgow who was overly excited about being there. She was telling us her story and how lucky she was to have had the opportunity to be in the states at this time. She made a sign that said "Pick Me" and wouldn't you know, she was chosen to go up on stage and sing Finish Line with the guys. Her voice was amazing and she did such a wonderful job :applaud: The band mates and crew told her that she was the best they've heard thus far and gave her all of their autographs. We spoke with her after the show and she was understandably ecstatic!

If not for a prior commitment, I would have gone tonight as well… they were just awesome!!! :D

Last edited:
cruzila said:
The show last night was amazing!!! What did you think, HelloAngel (and anyone else who was there...)?

The Silversun Pickups were pretty decent and OkGo were good too. They definitely had some stage presence. But Snow Patrol... they were AWESOME!! My friend and I had GA tix and instead of taking the rail (on Edge's side :giggle: ) we decided to stand about 3 "people" rows back slightly left of center. Except wouldn't you know, a lady about 5'7 ended up directly in front of me for about 50% of the concert. Little 'ole 5'1 missed a lot. :lol:

I forgot my camera but picked up a disposable one so who knows how those shots will come out.

We met a gal, Emma, before the show from Glasgow who was overly excited about being there. She was telling us her story and how lucky she was to have had the opportunity to be in the states at this time. She made a sign that said "Pick Me" and wouldn't you know, she was chosen to go up on stage and sing Finish Line with the guys. Her voice was amazing and she did such a wonderful job :applaud: The band mates and crew told her that she was the best they've heard thus far and gave her all of their autographs. We spoke with her after the show and she was understandably ecstatic!

If not for a prior commitment, I would have gone tonight as well… they were just awesome!!! :D

this so awesome!! very cool!!:wink:

Do you have the setlist for last nite? I am curious if they vary their setlists if at all.

God, I so want to see them again!:sad: I wish they would do the virgin festival here in baltimore... I know they are doing the one in the UK.

got_edge said:

How were the seats at the Tabernacle? What section did you get?

It was a completely GA show, so I just got there about an hour early to get near the front.

As far as the seats go, if you could get in one of the first rows of the lowest balcony, those would be awesome seats. Almost right on top of the stage.

So glad to hear awesome reports of the shows! I can't wait for Carrie's review either :hyper:

I'm going to the Boston show tomorrow night... and turns out they picked me as their "tour reporter" for the show! Which means some sort of special access pass and my review will be posted on their website! I'm really excited

As far as setlists go, U2Fanatic4ever, that setlist above looks pretty much the same (minus "Set the Fire...") as last fall's setlist. I think they pretty much stick to the Final Straw and Eyes Open tracks that everyone might know. Which kind of makes me sad, cause I'd love to hear "Starfighter Pilot," "Post Punk Progression," and "An Olive Grove Facing the Sea"

:hyper:

hippy said:

I'm going to the Boston show tomorrow night... and turns out they picked me as their "tour reporter" for the show! Which means some sort of special access pass and my review will be posted on their website! I'm really excited

What??? How did you get that?:ohmy:

clifedge said:
As far as the seats go, if you could get in one of the first rows of the lowest balcony, those would be awesome seats. Almost right on top of the stage.
I hope the venue's not too big. I'm alllll the way on the 4 level for Damien Rice. :sad:

Well, at least it's front row :happy:

clifedge said:

What??? How did you get that?:ohmy:

Members area of the website... anyone can apply at least two days before the show you plan to attend. You submit a short (100 word) description of why you'd like to be the tour reporter for that date and then they pick from whoever submits.

Needless to say, it's a really exciting thing! Not sure yet what kinds of privileges you actually get, but we'll find out soon enough!

:hyper:

I saw them on the 21st in Georgia. Great show and I loved the interaction with the crowd. It was very last minute but we still got GA and the crowd was very enthusiastic.

At least for me Snow Patrol is one of the few groups that puts together a good album. I like it when you can see the thought behind the tracks and the flow works. Same for the live list.

I hate it when you get an album and you get stuck with a few tracks that seem out of place and you end up skipping them each time. Thanks iTunes for playlists.

From Monday:

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

snow3.jpg

got_edge said:

I hope the venue's not too big. I'm alllll the way on the 4 level for Damien Rice. :sad:

Well, at least it's front row :happy:

I've been up there. Front row of that level should still be ok.

thank you for the set list...it is now my Snow Patrol playlist. Only a few more weeks till the show...I think I'll stand very close for this one.

Last night was incredible. :drool:

I took a few pictures, but they aren't nearly as good as the ones already posted, as we were a little further back. It was one hell of a show, though. Two of the highlights for me were Hands Open and Set Fire To The Third Bar (I was kinda scared for the girl who came up to sing it, but she was decent!).

Awesome show. :love:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Last night was incredible. :drool:

I took a few pictures, but they aren't nearly as good as the ones already posted, as we were a little further back. It was one hell of a show, though. Two of the highlights for me were Hands Open and Set Fire To The Third Bar (I was kinda scared for the girl who came up to sing it, but she was decent!).

Awesome show. :love:

Great news! glad you had a good time.. They incredible aren't they? I just can't get enough now.. Wish I had tix to more shows and hope they come back the states again real soon! I just about lost it when they did Run.. :heart: that song..
The show I went to (Camden, NJ), the girl who did Set Fire to the Third Bar was a complete mess. Scared the shite out of Gary.. He still talks about how scared he was at the shows following that one from what I hear and read on the SP boards.
What ya think of the opening bands? I just loved OK GO... They were great and Silversun Pickups reminded me of the Pixies. I think that was the first concert I have ever been to where I really liked the opening band/s. Except for maybe The Elevation tour and having No Doubt open up for U2.

Run :heart:

We arrived literally two minutes before OK Go started their set (ok, make that more like five after getting a couple drinks :wink: ). They weren't bad - I wish I had gotten to see Silverspun Pickups but oh well.

I saw Snow Patrol for the first time last fall, and this show was better. The crowd was more into it at the fall show, though, which was unfortunate, but still, I had a great time. :yes:

Oh, and I meant to say this in my other post, but I am SO over Chasing Cars it's not even funny. I hadn't listened to it in months and when they started it last night I sang along but it does absoultey nada for me anymore.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Run :heart:

We arrived literally two minutes before OK Go started their set (ok, make that more like five after getting a couple drinks :wink: ). They weren't bad - I wish I had gotten to see Silverspun Pickups but oh well.

I saw Snow Patrol for the first time last fall, and this show was better. The crowd was more into it at the fall show, though, which was unfortunate, but still, I had a great time. :yes:

Oh, and I meant to say this in my other post, but I am SO over Chasing Cars it's not even funny. I hadn't listened to it in months and when they started it last night I sang along but it does absoultey nada for me anymore.

Yeah, I so over Chasing Cars too.. too much over exposure there. Technically the first time I saw them was at Coachella in 2003 or 2004 I forget.. But only caught the tail end of their show.. Wish now that I had seen the whole thing. So I guess the show in NJ is my first time...

I really feel the need to take a good camera to this show now....I plan on being close this time since there will be no circle pit like the usual shows i go to.

Back
Top Bottom