Smoothies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galeongirl

Galeonbroad
Any fellow smoothie fans here?
I'm making them again since it's summertime here, and that gets me in the mood for smoothies!
Do you guys have your own special recipes? I'd like to know what you guys put in them :hmm: going to the market tomorrow so I'll get plenty of fresh summerfruit to put in there, any advice on great combinations?

anything with frozen strawberries and tequila works for me :wink:

fresh fruit is good but frozen works better because it makes it blend much colder and thicker. You can buy your fruit fresh, then slice it up and freeze it, that works great.

I generally use frozen blackberries, raspberries and strawberries for fruit. I'll also use a fruit juice of some kind, and a frozen daquiri mix or something if I want alcohol in it. I'm pretty boring when it comes to smoothies, but that's my favourite way of making them.

I'm too lazy to make them on my own so I go to the store and they make it for me :lol:

I like pineapple and banana :drool:

anything with frozen strawberries and tequila works for me :wink:

fresh fruit is good but frozen works better because it makes it blend much colder and thicker. You can buy your fruit fresh, then slice it up and freeze it, that works great.

What time is happy hour at your house :sexywink:

:hmm: I hadn't even considered putting alcohol in it yet... :uhoh: I only have bacardi and baileys atm, perhaps baileys would add some nice flavour.. tropical ish..

Glad to see there are so many smoothie lovers here :D I'll certainly try the freezing trick before blending tomorrow!

:hmm: I hadn't even considered putting alcohol in it yet... :uhoh: I only have bacardi and baileys atm, perhaps baileys would add some nice flavour.. tropical ish..

Glad to see there are so many smoothie lovers here :D I'll certainly try the freezing trick before blending tomorrow!

Bacardi would be excellent! :up:

I'm definitely going to stock up on the fruit this weekend. Now I've got a craving for smoothies! :drool:

I do this a lot this time of year. Frozen bananas get a little brown, but they still taste the same. I put about half of a frozen banana and a handful of frozen strawberries into the blender, then fill the blender with milk until it covers the fruit. It's so good and so healthy, too.

I used to make one everyday. I'd use fresh strawberries, fresh raspberries, and then either use a few scoops of raspberry sherbet, or 2-3 of these popsicles, and blend in the blender

1926p.jpg

Smoothies :drool: No alcohol because I'm home for the summer, but that sounds sooo good. :lol:

But I usually do a banana, some frozen strawberries, a yogurt (either vanilla, strawberry, or strawberry banana) and some milk. YUM! If I have other fruit in the house I like to add some pineapple too. Today I'm gonna cheat on my diet and make it with vanilla ice cream instead of milk and yogurt

milk, ice, honey, yogurt, a little bit of sugar and then whatever fruit you want. Besides alcohol, you can always add a coffee, vanilla, almond or any other flavor extra to give it a different taste.

i posted this in the chat, but i'll share it here too:

i love smoothies. i'll mix any sort of fruit with them, but my smoothies do have key ingredients i include each time, which are tofu (for protein), and kale (for energy). I know it sounds weird to put kale in a smoothie, but it really does make a difference energy-wise. i don't get tired in the mornings when i have one. and you can hardly taste it because the fruits are so potent. i'll add any combination of berries and a splash of OJ. these are a great summer treat.

yay smoothies are the best
i put yogurt/apple juice in mind. plus strawberries of course and whatever other fruit you want!

I have a smoothie almost every morning. Banana, frozen strawberries and blueberries, a touch of agave nectar, hemp seeds, maca, spirulina, greens (kale, spinach or chard, etc.), cacao powder. Delicious and super healthful. Water as the base liquid.

banana/strawberries/yogurt or banana/peach/ yogurt... all three if I'm feeling really wild! Some orange juice if it's too thick.

Or sometimes I get a bag of frozen mixed berries at the grocery store and toss that in with a banana or peach and some yogurt.

:drool:
off to the kitchen, BRB

I know it sounds weird to put kale in a smoothie, but it really does make a difference energy-wise. i don't get tired in the mornings when i have one. and you can hardly taste it because the fruits are so potent.

Ooh, good idea. It's so good for you too.

I just bought a little on-the-go blender. The top pops off to use as a travel mug and it keeps the juice cold. I'm all excited about experimenting with it :hyper: :nerd:

I tried making a smoothie tonight with frozen berries and it was filled with seeds. I could hardly drink it. Was I supposed to look for seedless frozen berries or was I supposed to drink them.. blah

^with the seeds from berries i zoom them up then pour them through a sieve and mash it through with the back of a spoon, you get all the juice but leave all the seeds behind.

My two fruit favourites are apple, lemon, lime and mint and watermelon, mango and peach, YUM!

My favourite milky one is milk, honey, banana, tofu and two scoops of smooth peanut butter. Its freaking amazing. You don't have to put the tofu in, but i love tofu and it also makes it thicker!

Back
Top Bottom