Slowdive - what a band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AEON

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I was just listening to the song "Machine Gun" by Slowdive. Man - what an amazing band. I wish there were more bands like this. I think the shoegazer genre needs to be revisited ASAP. After all - the genre was a huge influence for Achtung.

Souvlaki is definitely a very enjoyable record, one of the 3 of the "Holy Shoegaze Trinity" in my opinion (the other two obviously being MBV's Loveless and Ride's Nowhere). :wink: :up:

There are still a number of decent groups out there making shoegaze/dreampop, but I doubt it will ever get very popular again. I can give you some recommendations in you're interested.

I'm always interested in new bands.

I doubt shoegaze/dream pop will come back the way it was in the early 90's, but it would love to hear a newer/fresher version of it.

The reason I think Slowdive is so awesome is that underneath the layers is actual, great songwriting. Mojave 3 proves this.

Loveless is still my most listened to album after AB. I hear something new every time I hear it...15 years later.

jkayet said:
:heart: neil halstead & slowdive :heart:

love them. seeing mojave 3 soon - very excited!

They are on tour? I'd love to seem them. I'll have to do some research.

melon obviously hasn't been paying attention.

i can't believe that guy.

this really IS the last straw. :angry:

zonelistener said:
I've been waiting for jkayet to post!

:wave:

I was lucky to see them in 1991. Amazing.

With Ride??!!

If it was, I may become frighteningly jealous.

zonelistener said:

:nerd:

yup. You have some pretty amazing shows on me though. we can trade jealousy barbs. I heard they are nice gals.

Pfft, not really anything as great as that double billing wise. I'm very jealous, I didn't get into all the shoegaze/dream pop stuff until the last 2 years or so.

Back
Top Bottom