Slimness ( or the lack of it ) index

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
I deviced a way to know whether anyone is more slim than me.

I am 171 cms, was 59 kgs ( had gained weight earlier this year) lost weight due to illness currently 51 kgs.

so my slimness index = 171/51 = 3.353

anyone having higher value than this is slimmer to me..

i think somewhere around 2.7 should be just about ideal.

conversion

1 pound = 0.454 kg
1 feet = 12 inches
1 inch = 2.54 cm
1 stone = 6.4 kg ( approx)

anyone !!

AcrobatMan

AcrobatMan said:
I deviced a way to know whether anyone is more slim than me.

I am 171 cms, was 59 kgs ( had gained weight earlier this year) lost weight due to illness currently 51 kgs.

so my slimness index = 171/51 = 3.353

anyone having higher value than this is slimmer to me..

i think somewhere around 2.7 should be just about ideal.

conversion

1 pound = 0.454 kg
1 feet = 12 inches
1 inch = 2.54 cm
1 stone = 6.4 kg ( approx)

anyone !!

AcrobatMan

:yikes:

I think that was the size of the stone Dreadsox had! Hope you're feeling much better Friend!!!

PS - I don't plan on counting my index...All I hear is Buzz Lightyear yelling at me "Infinity and beyond!!!" :yes:

Last edited:
bammo2 said:
I got 2.46 - I'm pretty certain I did it wrong considering that I am not exactly skinny..........:huh:

no you did it right

2.4 is not supposed to be skinny..its very close to ideal 2.7..better than 3.3 anyway

2.7 is ideal.

3 or 3.3 or 3.5 is supposed to be skinny...the greater the more skinny

anything less than 2.7 is the opposite of skinny...i mean the farther away you are from 2.7 on the lower side..the more non-skinny...

i hope u all understood

Im 2.3 but then Im pregnant so thats okay. And no, the fact that I have put on weight faster then I should have for the size of the baby has NOTHING to do with the all the turkish bread I have consumed.

PS Mr BAW We have the sounds of Woody cowboy and Bullseye to contend with. I just woke up with a barrel of monkeys in my hair. The good news is I think we have lost 2 already!

AcrobatMan said:

no you did it right

2.4 is not supposed to be skinny..its very close to ideal 2.7..better than 3.3 anyway

2.7 is ideal.

3 or 3.3 or 3.5 is supposed to be skinny...the greater the more skinny

anything less than 2.7 is the opposite of skinny...i mean the farther away you are from 2.7 on the lower side..the more non-skinny...

i hope u all understood

ah-ha!!! It all makes sense now!!

Although I think the weight I used to calculate this is completely wrong now. I haven't weighed myself for a couple of weeks and I've been eating about twice as much as usual, using the excuse of Christmas......:|

meegannie said:
I weighed myself this morning, and I'm 10 lbs heaver than I thought I was. :|:eek::sad::down:

The thing is, I thought I'd lost weight. :huh:

You also need to account for the scale. I've weighed myself on two scales and there is a 12 POUND difference. :huh:

You don't look like you've gained any at all.

This project requires math, therefore I refuse to attempt. Numbers = :no:

I'm so bad at math.:ohmy: Furthermore, we use pounds.:huh: I just got myself a mini-trampoline, exercise mat, wrap-around-weights, and pedometer.

did you make this little theory up yourself or is it based on some scientific study? 'cause unless my math is way way off... which is very likely... at my height, 6'3", i'd have to be 155 pounds to be a 2.7... "ideal" in your book. i haven't been 155 pounds since like 6th grade... when i was in the best shape of my life, playing basketball in college, my playing weight was 215... which would make me a lard ass according to this scale.

Okay, I'm sorry but this is in no way scientific. It's fine for people to have a laugh about here at Interland, but if you tried to judge your ideal bodyweight based on this you'd be screwed.

If you want to know what your ideal weight is then it's best to talk to your doctor or some other healthcare professional. If you really want to do your own calculations then at least use the BMI system, which is somewhat more accurate.

BMI = weight (pounds) / height (inches) squared * 703

(ie if you're 120lbs and 5'5" tall then it's 120/65*65 * 703 = 19.97)

18.5 or less is considered underweight.
18.5 to 24.9 is normal
25 to 29.9 is overweight
30 and above is obese.

Am I boring anyone yet?

BMI is a great way to measure yourself, however it really depends on how much muscle you carry, or lack of. I go by the cloth size and height. Anyone in a size 0 is to thin. Anyone in a size 16 is to large. Most people should be between a size 3-9. This is of course girl sizes but you know what I mean.

I'm a 2.0 according to the slimness index, does that mean I'm big or small? Isn't smaller better?

Back
Top Bottom