SIX DEGREES: The War

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
The Navy Seal who was killed today in Afghanistan was from my hometown: Tallahassee, Florida.

Other than talking to a customer of mine, a man who's wife was killed on 9/11 at the Pentagon, (I was emailing him when the attack happened, as it were, and he couldn't find her, leaving me to correspond with him thru his ordeal) this is the only connection I've had to these terrible happenings.
frown.gif

How have you all been personally connected to 9/11 and the War so far?

------------------
Music, when soft voices die,
Vibrates in the memory;
Odours, when sweet violets sicken,
Live within the sense they quicken.

~P.B. Shelley

A friend of mine lost her father in law in the WTC.

An old high school friend of my mother's was killed in the WTC.

My father is friends with a couple of guys from GE in NYC who were in the WTC but both got out.

Oh and one of my girlfriends ex-boyfriend is in Afghanistan with the Canadian forces.

the amazing thing is i was in nyc in june with my girlfriend and she told me how she used to know someone who worked there, i responded that i sure didn't. little did i know i knew a few people personally who survived and a relative and friend who lost people very close to them
frown.gif

i live in NYC, and was here the day of the attacks. it was the most frightening day of my life.

i work 4 blocks from the WTC, and was out of work for 2 weeks after 9/11. i used to take the subway under the WTC every day- my commute has been changed ever since. (the line i used to take is shut down due to damage/rubble).

the fiance of a college friend worked on the 101st floor and perished in the attacks.

my coworker's brother worked in the WTC and died as well.

frown.gif

i am still afraid of another attack, but what can you do... i love NYC too much to leave, and have just committed to spending the next 3 years at law school in the city.

Back
Top Bottom