Since LOST doesn't come back for another 3 months...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Why don't we talk about how amazing the past 2.27 Seasons have been, and reflect on the things that make it so damn special.

Let's start off with a simple topic, yet one that's incredibly difficult to answer. As of right now, list you 5 favorite characters on the Island (dead or living). I'll start.

1. Locke - Has been my favorite character from Day 1. When I found out about his paralysis in the first few episodes I new there was something special about the show. His attitude, his mystery, and his struggle with faith has kept him close to my heart. And why do the Others want him so badly? He's obviously much more important to the story than we may have initially thought. He's also quite the badass with the knives.

2. Jack - Jack probably offers my favorite back-story of any of the LOST cast. The struggle with his father and his failed marriage is not only compelling, but still shrouded in mystery. What's with the tattoos? What's with his father? Does Jack really have a sister? And there's got to be more going on with his wife. And during the last few episodes, his love of Kate really shines through the muck, and reaffirmed Jack as one of the Island's strongest characters.

3. Mr Echo - From the moment he was introduced in Season 2, I new Mr. Echo was someone special. I didn't find his back-story particularly amazing, though it was definitely good. It was his the contrast between his strong faith and his dark past that made him an instantly fascinating character, and his sense of duty on the Island proved a refreshing turn from the mostly chaotic actions of the rest of the cast. His death was extremely tragic and unexpected, but it produced one of the series' most touching moments, and added even more questions to the increasingly long list surrounding my #1 character, Mr. John Locke.

4. Sawyer - He's a badass. And quite the comical fella. His early flirtations with Kate were often hilarious, yet the whole time you could tell there was a great deal of pain underneath the smirk. You can't help but love him. Especially in Season 3, we finally got a real handle on Sawyer's more serious side, and he finally declared his love for Kate, and she for him. His acts of selflessness in the last couple episodes really secured him a spot on my list, yet he's still one of the funniest characters on the show.

5. Ben - This was a tough call, especially since he's a "bad guy". But I can't help but be transfixed with his character. Everytime he's on screen, he simply steals the show. His "new" role in Season 3 is one of apparent power, with the underpinnings of weakness (fatal cancer) and the sense of losing control in the group. His transformation from tortured captive to the Big Cheese was simply awe-inspiring, and now his life is literally in Jack's hands once again. His instinct for manipulation while posing as Henry Gale was a thing of beauty, and his tumbling relationship with Jack is simply fun to watch. Probably the most fascinating thing about him though, is trying to decide whether he is in fact one of "The good guys" or not. I tend to think he is, which makes me like him so damn much.

Overall, the last two positions were incredibly difficult to fill. I mean, it's damn hard to include Sawyer and not include Kate. And there are so many other characters to love I hard trouble taking up a position on the list with one of the "bad guys" on the Island, but Ben is quickly becoming one of the more interesting characters on the show.

1. Locke- He will be the muthasucka who brings down the hammer. He is the best character (for my tastes) by far.
2. Jack- I've liked Matthew Fox since Party of Five, likeable guy
3. Charlie-heroin rocker, need I say more?
4. Desmond-just enough of a hint of batshit crazy for me
5. (tie) Sun-just for being the island hottie and Sayid-for some excellent torture techniques

Kate would have been in my top 3 last season, for some reason she becomes less and less desirable. That was purely for superficial reasons though, I guess.

1. Locke is the man. Seriously. If I were marooned, I'd want Locke over Jack by my side. Just think about it, if you fell ill, Locke would think of some plant root that's a magic cure all. Not to mention he'd have a smoky vision to tell you that you'll be okay.
His first episode (#4) is still my favorite Lost episode ever. I cried at the end when he was able to walk. It's destiny, man.

2. Sayid. His army training is probably going to come in very handy when it comes to Jack/Kate/Sawyer's rescue. You have to wonder if there's anymore to his storyline that would be useful. I'm tired of Jack/Kate/Sawyer storylines. Really tired.

3. Jack. I liked Jack from the very beginning when it was "The Dr. Jack Show." Lately he's been rubbing me the wrong way, or maybe it's just the people around him. Either way he's just not as fun anymore, but his value to the island is indispensable.

4. Hurley! He's my favorite comic relief. I wish he wouldn't have been written out of the storyline completely after Ms. Drunky Drunk died. Maybe he'll get a revival in the second part of the season. He has to play some kind of role, I mean, he's the numbers guy!

5. Desmond. He's just awesome, brother. Plus now he has some ESP that they haven't even bothered expanding on. Less Jack/Kate/Sawyer.

Runner up:. Sawyer. Ever since the frog crushing incident, I hated him. But his storyline is better than most and he's actually showing feelings this season! He's not as self-serving as everyone thinks. I hope.

Can we talk about most hated too? :hyper:

Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet. Juliet.

1. Desmond
Do I really need to say anything?
2. Juliet
I love her! She's awesome. Oh yeah, and she should be with Jack.
3. season 3 Jack
I didn't like him that much before but now I really like him.
4. season 1 and 2 Sawyer
I used to love him. Then he had sex with Kate.
5. Someone

I'm bored and I miss Lost. :/

Woah, someone gave my thread CPR!

But Juliet? Reallllllly?? She's evil. Has to be. Meh...maybe not...i don't know...i just need some more Lost. :crack:

Juliet is not evil! :sad:

LOL Okay, I don't mind if she's evil. I still like her.

I like Desmond, Hurley, Rose, Libby, Sun, Jin. Think that's it. Mr. Eko rocked, but....no mas. The rest of em, meh. I'm really losing patience with this show. I kinda don't care what happens to them anymore. And they draaaaaggg shit out. And the back stories are getting so silly.

1 Eko
2 Locke
3 Desmond
4 Ben
5 Juliett

----------------------

The time change is an indicator that the show is losing its steam. I fear that there will be one more season left.

I STILL don't understand why this show is so special....it's just people stranded on an island. How many stories can you milk out of that?

I guess I'll have to watch it from the beginning.

AchtungBono said:
I STILL don't understand why this show is so special....it's just people stranded on an island. How many stories can you milk out of that?

I guess I'll have to watch it from the beginning.
The writers avoid that little caveat by asking tens of open-ended questions in a season's scripts and never answering them.

Mr. Eko Rules 4 ever!
1. Sayid
2. Locke
3. Desmond
4. Hurley
5. Jin and Sun
6. Sawyer
7. Henry Gale
8. Rose and Benard
9. Charlie
10. Daniel Russo( aka the French woman)

By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television WriterMon Jan 15

Makers of the tropical island drama "Lost" say they're talking with ABC executives about setting an end date for the series.

There's no sense the finale is coming anytime soon. But knowing they have a deadline will help writers of the convoluted drama lay out how they want the story to end, producers said Sunday in a meeting with TV critics here.

"Once we figure out when that will be, a lot of the questions will go away," said Carlton Cuse, an executive producer. "Lost" is in its third season.

The producers, citing Fox's "The X-Files," said they didn't want to wear out their welcome. "That was a great show that probably ran two seasons too long," Cuse said. "That is a cautionary tale for us."

"Lost" is due back on ABC's schedule next month following an extended hiatus after the season's first six episodes and will air uninterrupted through May. The schedule was a direct result of fans' complaints about reruns disrupting their concentration in past seasons, producers said.

It's likely next year that all 22 episodes will run consecutively, much like Fox is doing with "24."

One prominent critic — ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPherson — said he thought the first six episodes this season concentrated too heavily on the stories of Jack, Kate and Sawyer at the expense of other members of the large cast.

The producers said that will be rectified right away for the season's second half as "Lost" goes back to the beach.

"Lost," which is shifting back an hour to 10 p.m. Eastern time, Wednesdays, on ABC's schedule, has seen a 14 percent drop in its audience this year, according to Nielsen Media Research. Producers contend the numbers are deceptive because of a comparison with the second season, when "Lost" was a cultural sensation.

The producers concede that it's a demanding story for viewers to keep up with, and not one that people can join in the middle.

"We want them back," executive producer Damon Lindelof said of the lost fans. "We really believe in the show and the audience we're getting. But if we write towards getting them back, we may alienate the audience that we already have."

Nothing but good news in that article MrsSpringsteen. Thanks for posting that.

It's good they're setting an end date. That was always my biggest concern with this show... that they'd never wrap it all up neatly. If they do this now, the show is sure to end on a high note. And 22 uninterrupted episodes next season? :drool:

Love it.

Back
Top Bottom