Simply Red Anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
he does have a good voice
and they did write some good songs

they also wrote a lot soul-ishh/less pap

holding back the years is a classic though

Cute Irish Bono said:
I love them. Mick's voice is amazing!

He does have a great voice. :up:

I remember when they came out. As a kid, I recall thinking how different-sounding they were. Wasn't Mick really poor at one point, and on the street? I seem to remember Casey Kasem saying something like that before announcing they had reached the "number one spot" on his countdown. I used to tape that show every week on cassette. :D

Oh - I used to love them! Not so much anymore. I do have the following still on mp3 player - Never Never Love, We're In This Together, A New Flame, Your Mirror, Thrill Me :drool: , Stars, You've Got It Bad, Fairground, If You Don't Know Me By Now and Moneys Too Tight To Mention.

I lost track of them after "Blue", though I've always wanted to check out "Love and the Russian Winter" (even if that is one of the most pretentious album titles ever!).

I'd probably say "Picture Book", "A New Flame" and "Life" are my favorites. "Stars" and "Blue" are pretty good, but not great. And "Men and Women" is meh :shrug:

I prefer the more live instrument/jazz sound of the fist few albums than the more modern/electronic beat sounds, which is the direction they were headed when I stop being interested.

"Love and the Russian War" is a fantastic album. :) It has lyrics full of meaning and the beats are hopping and his voice is soaring. :up:

Back
Top Bottom