Simon & Garfunkel fans ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ponkine

Refugee
Hola amigos :wave:

Are there Simon and Garfunkel fans here ? :sad: I was just listening to "Live From New York City 1967" for the ? time and every single time I listen to the whole concert ( I always try to find some time, late at night with lights off to listen to the WHOLE concert, without skipping tracks ) and I feel something I have felt that with no other live CD, because, unlike what 99% of "Live" prefabricated and canned pieces of money machine are, this concert never was intended as a Live release :heart:

It is so intimate, sincere, honest, simple, heartwrenching, captivating, fascinating that I believe that I will never find an "unplugged" that will match that sublime and truly LIVE performance. :heart: No way, ALL sellout "MTV Unplugged" concerts have been only a cheap marketing machine move of low quality to obtain more and more easy money, besides crappy lame shows just for the cameras, even with "Fans" selected from castings, Simon And Garfunkel, as well as various other artists from mid 60´s , never thought about doing an opportunist "unplugged", because they WERE unplugged. Do you know what I mean ?

My favourite Simon And Garfunkel albums are:

1- Live From New York City 1967
2- Bookends
3- Bridge Over Troubled Water

Peace :wave:

I'm a fan of them :) I love a lot of their songs, I took my parent's greatest hits cd :giggle: :shh:
Now you got me wantin to listen to them hehe! I'll have to find the cd tomarrow so I can listen! :D

i really liked them when i was around 13, or so...when i finally started saying i like bands that weren't the beatles, but before i started listening to more current stuff (well, current at the time. that was a few years ago...)

bookends is great.

Only heard their most well-known songs, but all of those songs are great-"Sounds Of Silence" is a classic song, and I also love "Homeward Bound" :yes:.

One thing that I've always liked whenever I've listened to one of their songs is how nice their voices sound together-so gentle and soothing. It's pretty.

Angela

I have their greatest hits CD. Mrs Robinson and Sounds of silence are classics.

Does anybody have bootlegs of their shows ? :sad: I´m looking for 60´s concerts and that seem to be harder than finding any other artist bootlegs ( U2, Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, etc there are tons of bootlegs out there :yes: ) :(

MrBrau1 said:
I've always just assumed any well informed music fan was appreciative of them.

that sort of thing can get you in trouble.

I would have to say that 'Bookends' and 'Sounds of Silence' are my two favourite albums :heart:

I bought my Dad a Simon & Garfunkel dvd for Christmas. He said it was great but I haven't seen it yet (makes note to borrow it).

Don't forget Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme. The 59th Street Bridge Song is like my life motto in song:
"Slow down you move to fast, you got to make the morning last, just kickin' down the cobblestones, lookin for fun and feelin groovy."

I grew up with them as my dad loves them, but then stopped listening to them b/c they weren't "cool." More recently, I have really gotten into their music.

I am just so sick of the same sound over and over and wish there was more music like theirs these days.

I have vague memories of my older sister playing Simon and Garfunkel records when I was a kid. The one song that stood out for me was "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme." Then I saw them on SNL when I was about 11 or 12 and really became hooked. I bought the 1982 (?) Live From Central Park tape many years ago and wore it out. I recently bought the Collected Works 3-CD set. I loved hearing all the lesser-knows songs I had never heard before! But my favorite song of theirs will always be "Bridge Over Troubled Water." :heart:

IWasBored said:
i always thought it was called scarborough fair.

It is. I just checked my CD. :reject: I always thought it was called Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Time when I was a kid and I guess I got into the habit of thinking of it that way.

Got Philk? said:
I grew up with them as my dad loves them, but then stopped listening to them b/c they weren't "cool." More recently, I have really gotten into their music.

I am just so sick of the same sound over and over and wish there was more music like theirs these days.

kings of convenience, belle and sebastian, and iron and wine are good current bands that have a simon and garfunkleish sound

Bono's shades said:

It is. I just checked my CD. :reject: I always thought it was called Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Time when I was a kid and I guess I got into the habit of thinking of it that way.

i didn't mean that as sarcastic as it sounded. i thought you were right and i had been wrong all this time :p and then i got sidetracked looking it up...

:shifty:

Bono's shades said:
I recently bought the Collected Works 3-CD set. I loved hearing all the lesser-knows songs I had never heard before! :heart:

PLEASE MY FRIEND DROP ME AN E-MAIL TO ponkine@yahoo.com !!!!! Please :heart: I can´t PM you :tsk: :down:

Really really help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :yes:

The Boxer = The Greatest song ever written, after Bad, One and Streets, of course. ;)

S&G are incredible, very underrated these days I think...

great musicians, it's incredible they got back together after 30 years...........................................30 years of lost time, how weird is that 2 mates don't talk to each other for 30 years?

I saw them on their last tour, I thought it was good. You just have to try to overlook the fact that they don't even interact w/ each other on stage and look very uncomfortable..

I still think Art has one of the best voices ever. Paul Simon used to sound good, he didn't sound all that good at the show I went to. Maybe it was just an off night.

Back
Top Bottom