Silly/ Funny things that have been said...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ROFL i just remembered something REALLY funny that me and my siblings did when we were younger lol

We found a dog in our garden one day and we really liked him so we told our mum we were gonna keep him, my brother got a cardboard box and it was his kennel and we fed him biscuits, youghurts, anything really lol, he stayed there for days and my friend gave us a dogs lead and i took it out for walks, some woman stopped me one day and said had i found my dog cus she was keepin the dog for a few days as well and she was feeding him, so i told her he was mine and he got lost LMAO, my mum thought he would go but every morning we woke up the doggie was still there, but then he turned nasty and started trying to bite us and he wouldnt leave for like a week, it was HILARIOUS my brother making him a kennel from a box and then the dog chased him one day when he came out with a petit filous (tiny pot of youghurt if neone dont know what they are)

We were all really young at the time i think i was 6, my brother 4 and my sister 3.

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Me, today, taking responsibility:

If you want something done, do it.

WTF?! *ham*

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

"Get me the Bean Giant!" ~Houdini~

Originally posted by bono-vox:
Every time we r in english, i sit like a ham at my table beside my friend conor and i always have my head down. (we have a pretty small a-level english class about 15 of us, and every time r teacher talks he always looks over at me and it freaks me out, my friend finds it HILARIOUS and she always passes notes to me saying look he looking over at you, but it FREAKS me out)

I think he thinks im the class ham because i always laugh @ the stuff he says and one day my friend said oh god he has a homer simpson tie, he is sooo cool, so i was writing to him on a piece of paper about this tie and then my teacher read it and started laughing @ me cus i complimented his tie, oh dear.

and everytime we read a book or watch a movie he always says soooo LAURA what did u think of that.

*my reaction*

Surprised/ Confused face.....

My friend pokes me.......

Me: Yeah it was alright (the ONLY thing i ever say rofl)

I'm such a HAM
biggrin.gif

Lol the music teacher at my school uses the same like 7 jokes OVER AND OVER again and when there's play practice for HOURS on end every day, they get really old to everyone; but for some reason I find them completely hilarious. LMAO he always tells me "I only let you in this play because you laugh at all my jokes" lol GREAT
biggrin.gif

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

"Get me the Bean Giant!" ~Houdini~

One time, my sister asked me that famous question: "If a plane crashed on the border of the US and Canada, where would they bury the survivors?"

And I said..."Well, DUHHH! If they were from the US they would be buried in the US and if they were from Canada they would be buried in Canada!"

Then I realized what I said right away. D'oh! lol

Hahahahaha, my sister has never let me forget that one.

The scene- My kitchen.

My Dad had taken a packet of mini apple pies out of the cupboard then put them back again

My dad says to my mum- "oh we need to give some apple pies to the others get them out of the cupboard"

My mum-after 5 mins-im looking for them-i cant see them, where did you put them?!?!

My dad-Are you blind, i put them in the cupboard. Look, they are right infront of you!

A few minutes pass

MY Dad walks over to the cupboard feeling all smart cus he thinks he knows where the apple pies are, i open the fridge for some milk and there they were LMAO-he looked like SUCH a ham.

Ive had ham for 2 days now for dinner, yummmy
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by bono-vox (edited 12-26-2001).]

LMAO my dad is trying to put drywall or something on the ceiling and my mom and brother are helping him wedge it in a corner somewhere and he just yelled

"PLEASE WATCH THE EDGE! NO ONE GIVES A SH*T ABOUT THE EDGE!!"

LMAO

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 12-27-2001).]

Hahaha...

The other night I was at work, training a new employee. I was talking with another co-worker about genealogy (family trees etc.) and the new girl asked, "Oh! Isn't that the study of genies??"

Originally posted by WildHonee:
LMAO my dad is trying to put drywall or something on the ceiling and my mom and brother are helping him wedge it in a corner somewhere and he just yelled

"PLEASE WATCH THE EDGE! NO ONE GIVES A SH*T ABOUT THE EDGE!!"

LMAO

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 12-27-2001).]

LMAO Mona!

I have a similar story....

My brother got the DVD of Shrek for Xmas and in it donkey has the line "I'm a donkey ON THE EDGE!" I hadn't really been paying attention to the movie cause I've seen it so many times, but my head popped up at that point and really startled my family. Then I kinda just looked around, giggled nervously and wondered where all my Interference sisters were!

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

I used to manage a video store, and one of the girls that I worked with was really dumb. One day she was going to go to the Submarine Sandwich Restaraunt next door. She asked me what kind of Sandwich I though that she should get. I said "Turkey". Then she got distracted and ended up in the store for a few minutes. When she was leaving she said to me "So I should get Chicken??" and I said "No, Turkey", and then she said "It doesn't matter, they are the same thing".

She wasn't very bright
biggrin.gif

My mom is on the phone ordering stackable high chairs. I am laughing like a maniac!

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

"There were moments when Bono even earned cheers for simply loosening his shirt"

"Listen....I could be a genius if I weren't so lazy"

Originally posted by Klodomir:
I had to phone the phone company today and ask them what my phone number is.
rolleyes.gif
LMAO!!!!

One time when I was in the mall trying to get frozen yogurt I ASKED for frozen yogurt and the guy goes "....we have soft ice cream"

I WAS SO MAD AT THAT HAM!!!!!!!

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

"There were moments when Bono even earned cheers for simply loosening his shirt"

"Listen....I could be a genius if I weren't so lazy"

Mona, I like the new sig!

------------------

Welcome Back to Hamville, Bono-Vox!

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

"I used to gaze out
My classroom window and dream And then go home and listen to Ray sing
"I believe to my soul" after school" ~Van Morrison~

WebX

------------------

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George

Welcome back Bono-Vox!

Couldn't you just kill Mom's sometimes?

They have a certain way of taking things really lightly that could have a definite impact on your future! Example:

I got home from school two weeks ago and Mom goes...oh, there's a letter in your room that's been here for about a week and a half...It looks official, better check it out. I go and look and it's my registration statement for school that was due in two days! I could have killed my mom!

------------------

I'm embarrased to even admit this, cos I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, but since I've been laid off from this company...

when I first started working at company X, it was the telecom industry, of which I knew nothing about, learned from the bottom up (I was an admin asst.). One night, we were all working very late, I was very tired and my contacts were turning into potato chips in my eyes...all I wanted to do was go home.

My boss gives me a memo to email over to our customer (this was fledgling email time: 1989 or so). I read (poorly) this one particular line and typed in the email something about a jet airplane! Then I went home.

The next day my boss comes up with this *look* on his face and says, "WHAT were you thinking when you sent that email??" Of course I was a dorky girl and was all "what are you talking about?" And he said, "you sent an email to our customer about a jet airplane!! Were you on drugs or something?" But he was laughing...and the customer laughed too (whew!).

Over the 10 years I was at that company, this guy NEVER let me forget that one!
tongue.gif

Edge *bluuuuuuush* over that one....

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 12-29-2001).]

Originally posted by Klodomir:
I had to phone the phone company today and ask them what my phone number is.
rolleyes.gif

Yeah, me too. In my case though the stupidity was theirs as they first disconnected then changed the number with clearly no intention of informing me.

Here's one. On a high school camp (during one of those awful high-wire obstacle course things) I very nearly descended from a tree without my carabena (thing that's what the little metal connecting piece is called) attached to the correct rope. Which is to say I very nearly jumped from a twenty-foot treetop.

Im BACK from Dublin it was soooooo good!
smile.gif

I searched for Bono and i did nay find him but i was in this record shop and they were selling u2 vinyl with autographs and the guy said it was ?400, i tried to use some of my lovely charm and give him ?20 but he was having none of it and he gets all his autographs b/c his friend works in bonos hotel-he gets FREE autographs and wouldnt let me give him ?20 for one, tsk tsk!

He said (in a REALLY causal voice) oh aye, u2 are in town sure i saw edge on grafton street this week, I was SOOOO distraught, i was on grafton st every day and i didnt find edge!

And my mum *thinks* she saw Bono in some fancy posh shop, she descirbed him as wearing "leather" with "lots of men walking with him-about 6" so i dunno if thats true or not but cest la vie
smile.gif

OH mona ur threads still flamin
wink.gif

------------------

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare

Originally posted by Kieran McConville:
Here's one. On a high school camp (during one of those awful high-wire obstacle course things) I very nearly descended from a tree without my carabena (thing that's what the little metal connecting piece is called) attached to the correct rope. Which is to say I very nearly jumped from a twenty-foot treetop.

aaaw, lol
smile.gif

Rofl, yes your right hippy, mothers do take things REALLY lightly, its awful
frown.gif

------------------

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare

WebX

LMAO!!!!!

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

"I used to gaze out my classroom window and dream And then go home and listen to Ray sing "I believe to my soul" after school" ~Van Morrison~

Sorry, but LMAO!!!!!

I refused to do the high ropes course on trips like that! For that exact reason!

------------------

WebX

LMAO!!!!!

i thought it was charming
smile.gif

------------------

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare

jsut testing something here...ignore this
biggrin.gif

------------------

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare

WebX

*watches dancing Bono*

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE YOU DON'T NEED IT NOW
WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW YOU CAN FEEL IT SOMEHOW

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
*watches dancing Bono*

There is a crotch shot in the dancing Bono thingy!!!!

oh my...I haven't noticed that before!

------------------

Yeah, me too. In my case though the stupidity was theirs as they first disconnected then changed the number with clearly no intention of informing me.
Mine was a similar case, but it still made me feel like a real... what do you girls call it... HAM?
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom