Sigur Ros: help a girl out here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Why is it, when I'm in a record store and I go to listen to (), that I can't get past 30-45 seconds of any song on this record? I'm trying, I really am. Every time I have a chance, I try again. I tried again tonight in Borders. Couldn't do it. What's the gateway track on this album? Which one should I really go for next time I have a chance?

uh, i think youve already located the problem without realizing it. sigur ros is not some pop group who'll get ya swingin your sweet caboose the first time you hear them.

what you need to do, is buy one of their albums and listen to it fully. if your a reader, listen to it while you read. or, why not listen to it while your surfing the internet/interference?

id recommend aegius byrjun before ( ), but thats a personal opinion.

track number 8 on ( ) is a tremendous builder. after about five minutes it really kicks in.

sigur ros isnt for everybody, but those who give it a chance should not be disappointed.

hope that helps. :)

I completely agree with Flag Pole.

I remember when Aegius Byjrn first came out I listened to it on display and thought it was garbage. I, like you, couldnt listen to more than about 30 secs of a song with out switching.

I later read so much press, and heard Radiohead members talk them up so much that I decided to just buy the album. You've gotta just listen to the entire songs, they take a bit to get going, but once they do, WOW. That's just the kinda music it is.

ahh, another sigur ros thread, cant say I mind though

yes martha, bear is correct with his musings, I would only add that I have always thought of them as great background music.....

like he said, reading, surfing the web or maybe cleaning the house even.....its good relaxing stuff, but also addictive

if you get hooked, good luck

:wink:

Well... after much skepticism I bought Aegius Byjrn last week. I think I have already listened to it 10 times, I simply can not get enough. I would say Sigur Ros is for people who like to really listen to music. There is so much going on there.
I like to put a CD on, lay down on the couch or something and drift off (not sleep) but get lost in the music.
If you don't have time for that, have it on while surfing the net like others have suggested. You'll either love it or you won't.

I don't know

I find ( ) has a lot of opening hooks

listen to number 3 or 4!!!!

now
or
later

martha said:
Oh man, 17 clams for unknown music is too much.

I totally agree. Maybe you could download some songs so you can listen to them multiple times? Then they'd have a chance to grow on you. I'd recommend Track #4 from ( ). Or Svefn-G-Englar or Olsen Olsen from their first album (Agaetis Byrjun). Hope that helped...

edit: Staralfur is also quite a pretty song.

Last edited:
:hyper: Come on martha! You can do it! :sexywink: Just a week ago I called them boring! :yawn: Now look at me...... :dance:

:reject: although that may be a deterrent for you..................

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

I totally agree. Maybe you could download some songs so you can listen to them multiple times? Then they'd have a chance to grow on you. I'd recommend Track #4 from ( ). Or Svefn-G-Englar or Olsen Olsen from their first album (Agaetis Byrjun). Hope that helped...

edit: Staralfur is also quite a pretty song.

Pretty much the same recommendation I was going to make. Same songs I was going to recommend too.

btw, its sigur AND ros.

my money on a split up between the two and only sigur will be successful while ros struggles on his own.

I have yet to buy "Agaetis Byrjun", but it does seem to be better than "()". Was just listening to it at the record store.

i just enjoy the singing much more on agaetis compared to (). he repeats himself an AWFUL lot on their latest disc.

Back
Top Bottom