Shuttlecrab! Part XV - Sweet the shell, butter the taste in my mouth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why 3 separate days? I understand splitting the groups up by 2 or 3 hours, but 2 or 3 days? Pointless.

where are all the other douchebags sitting?

Section 142, Row 16. Right to the side of the freaking stage. :yippie:

27241s.gif

I'm assuming they are still shy about stadiums in the US thanks to CockMart...

I got an email from @u2 with the Rolling Stone thing about the tour in it. It's on the home comp, but it essentially said that the band is doing stadiums no matter what. They don't give a shit if they sell out the stadiums or not; they're doing them. It's the most expensive tour they've ever done, and it'll take 120 trucks to haul their shit around.

I think it's just crappy tour management that's responsible for this waiting game bullshit. Or the band have turned into actual douchebags themselves and are waiting, trying to make each stadium sellout with panicked fans before they announce any other dates.

Adds drummer Larry Mullen Jr., "Will we sell it out? Who knows? Will the economic situation have an impact? Probably. But that's not going to stop us."
Here's the quote from Larry.

I got an email from @u2 with the Rolling Stone thing about the tour in it. It's on the home comp, but it essentially said that the band is doing stadiums no matter what. They don't give a shit if they sell out the stadiums or not; they're doing them. It's the most expensive tour they've ever done, and it'll take 120 trucks to haul their shit around.

I think it's just crappy tour management that's responsible for this waiting game bullshit. Or the band have turned into actual douchebags themselves and are waiting, trying to make each stadium sellout with panicked fans before they announce any other dates.

it's probably a little from column A and a little from column B.

120 Trucks, most expensive tour ever :drool:

that better not be because if inflation either :grumpy:

Here's the quote from Larry.

Yuck. You know, the thing about the stupid U2.com membership is that while I understand it's cool to have the people who have been members the longest reap the most benefits, I just think they should have lowered the membership for everyone else. I mean, they could have set it up so that you could join at $50 and get X benefits, $35 and get Y, and for $25 you get Z. But as it stands, everyone paid the same thing but are in a different tier. To me that really sucks. I hated like hell to pay that $50. I still feel dirty for having done it. I have never paid for any other band website before and it just still ticks me off that I actually did it.

That quote from Larry is ... ew.

i just wanna be with the other douchebags.

This is my problem. Normally I don't care but then I started thinking it would be fun to be with others which is why I'm thinking about passing on Chicago altogether and waiting until I can hook up with someone else. I don't know. I'll see how I feel about it tomorrow, and especially, what kind of seat I pull up.

Back
Top Bottom