Shuttlecock XXXII: I know it was you, Bono. You broke my heart.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it but, you know, it's not a very long song.

At first I was bummed about that, too, that it's pretty much as is from the tour. But if it is indeed going to be on Songs of Ascent (or whatever it will be called by then), can't you hear it as an intro song? That made me kind of happy.

If he doesn't hit the High C, then I'll be disappointed, as will every fan of Bono's voice.

i :heart: Google Translations.

"the song would have proven a ballad with strings and guitars of The Edge just mentioned"

:cute:

If he doesn't hit the High C, then I'll be disappointed, as will every fan of Bono's voice.

I think Hi-C is on his treatment plan. It goes really well with Percocet.

Edit: someone suggested the music just might have been "Soon." there is some logic there. Balladish? yes. Strings? yes. Those "soooooooon" vocals being mistaken for a Bono falsetto? Damn.

Speaking of those translations, my favorite bit of pre-No Line hype were NSW's fake song reviews.

i :heart: Google Translations.

"the song would have proven a ballad with strings and guitars of The Edge just mentioned"

:cute:

I had a field day with some of the early NLOTH reviews in the way of translations. I should look for those posts.

ETA - an then I read the post above mine. Gracias, Scumbo! :)

I think I switched between different lines from those in my signature for a few months there. Good times.

Oh my god. Choking the listener with his good time smell!

I had that as my user status thingy for a while. :heart:

Holy shit, those are just amazing.

I don't know, I think the phrase "someone has been listening to early Hasselhoff" stands on its own. :)

These still crack me up.

This was the U2 of the newness, and we would be getting just the one hearing and I am the fan.

Larry then hammers home the pulp with a quickening bump-thump that reminds one of Thor as he ascends to Valhalla.

Fuck this. You can't tell me what to do. I'm leaving. ANd I'm not coming back. You can't change my mind. Not this time. No way. I'm serious. This is bullshit. No way. Not ever. Get real. Like does dings. Look at me, I'm Mr Tying knots. Some one needs a knot tied they call me. Bullshit. Bullshit. Look at this bitch. Ms. Sand. What a bitch. Drinking out of cups.

:up:

All of Cori's talk of hamburgers has me now craving one. I will solve this problem immediately.

He means:

musket
backyard
cows grazing

Homemade burgers.

blush.gif

Fuck this. You can't tell me what to do. I'm leaving. ANd I'm not coming back. You can't change my mind. Not this time. No way. I'm serious. This is bullshit. No way. Not ever. Get real. Like does dings. Look at me, I'm Mr Tying knots. Some one needs a knot tied they call me. Bullshit. Bullshit. Look at this bitch. Ms. Sand. What a bitch. Drinking out of cups.

It is humorous to me that more people know about this than his music.

Humorous, and a little sad, as his albums are fairly enjoyable.

Enlighten plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom