Shuttlecock XXXI: Someone start a new in-joke so we can get a better title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's official. I'm moving to Chicago this fall to go back to school. Went to the school's open house today and it's everything I'd hoped it would be. Already signed the enrollment agreement.

Excitement doesn't begin to describe it. :)

I go to college for one year and everyone on this forum wants to join in. UNORIGINAL.

I'd already been to college once, but never at the same time as you. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to correct that.

Thanks everyone. I'm really amazingly excited about all this. It's the biggest direction change I've made in my life so far, but I have a feeling it's going to be the smartest direction change I've made, too. Now I just need to get through these last few months at work...

If the Shuttlecock does it's first show of the US leg in Chicago again on a future tour, we're all staying at Diemen's.

cori, i really wanted to post something snarky about how the band doesn't do anything on Holy Week because they are most of them Christians and was going to use your post as a springboard, but then i decided not to.

I made my baffled face when I read that. Then I laughed.

U2 are on their yearly pilgrimage to the Holy land this week to celebrate Good Friday and Easter! They don't do anything else!

Although if they were all active in their church choirs, I can understand being too busy to do anything else during holy week. :wink:

Holy Week is very much a Catholic and Orthodox thing, the majority of Protestant or other Christian churches don't do much of anything out of the ordinary celebration or observance wise until Easter Sunday. Shuttlecock even lie about how they practice religion.

Some Lutheran churches do the full holy week thing, too. That was my exposure to the "hell week" as a church musician. Damn Lutheran church.

Holy Week is very much a Catholic and Orthodox thing, the majority of Protestant or other Christian churches don't do much of anything out of the ordinary celebration or observance wise until Easter Sunday. Shuttlecock even lie about how they practice religion.
My buddy's birthday is this Friday, and I plan to celebrate that fact with him. My other Catholic buddy said to me, and I quote: "If you drink this Friday, you're a piece of shit." Then again, he alludes to me going to hell a lot.

I love not being religious. I get to still be a good person and avoid wasting time with all the ritualistic crap the Church wants to force feed me.

Back in Wisconsin at ye olde Lutheran church where my best friend and I were the choir director and accompanist, we used to joke that we were bad Christians because we liked Good Friday over Easter, because the music is all dark and mysterious, rather than hooray, he's risen, happy faces!

I mean, really, we were just bad Christians in general, but we liked to joke about it all the time.

Me, I like to celebrate Good Friday by jamming out to Jesus Christ Superstar and just completely ignore Easter.

easter = chocolate hot cross buns.

the only time of the year i can get them from baker's delight. i stock up and freeze them so i can enjoy them for the rest of the year, but usually only make it to july before they're all gone.

otherwise easter = a few days off and sports events being on at funny times/

everyone, stop what you are doing.

major news.

Ricky Martin officially came out today.

i know, i know ... you're shocked.

ricky-martin-beach.jpg

but he says that fatherhood and his admittedly beautiful boys helped him come out.

blog200809_ricky-martin2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom