Shuttlecock XXV: Praying for Bono's Ball Circulation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me the approximate route you've decided on from Chicago to SF, and what states you've already been to. :)

Oh, well, my plan is simply to go to ND, spend the night. Then drive to Badlands, spend the night. Next day, get up early, short drive to Rushmore, then more travel, probably up to Montana. Then down to Wyoming. Then, I either head to SF or, if I'm ahead of schedule, find the 15 and go to Vegas to see one of my best friends, then LA the next day, up to SF the day after that.

So the overall route is fairly clear....but, if there are little things to see, places to stay, to not stay, etc, I'm all ears.

If possible, spend a couple days in Yellowstone. It takes a long time to drive around, and there's quite a few places worth driving to. Tetons can be done in a day, as the park itself is actually kind of small. Stop in Jackson at the Snake River Brewing Company for a great meal and good beer, too. :up:

I really love Western Wyoming. Well, the Rockies in general. :)

If possible, spend a couple days in Yellowstone. It takes a long time to drive around, and there's quite a few places worth driving to. Tetons can be done in a day, as the park itself is actually kind of small. Stop in Jackson at the Snake River Brewing Company for a great meal and good beer, too. :up:

I really love Western Wyoming. Well, the Rockies in general. :)

I don't think that I'll have more than a day for Yellowstone. :(

Thanks for the advice, though!!! Jackson could be a Wyoming stop.

There's a chance that I snagged skybox tickets for the Tampa show from a friend. This is exciting!

I've got the U2 butterflies in my tummy. :hyper:

I have not followed setlists. Not because I want to be surprised but because I've been too busy. I have no idea what song even opens the show. I really don't know anything about this show except for the claw. I don't know if this is good or bad but it feels kind of weird.

I am not happy about the weather forecast. I'm going to have big hair.

I don't know what to wear.

I gained back some of the weight I lost thanks to the boyfriend-chef. :grumpy:

How much are the freaking long sleeve t-shirts?

/random Tuesday thoughts

Scumbo, you have to warn me when you send messages on the PSN... Your stupid message cracked me up more than it should have.

I don't even remember what I wrote!

I am not happy about the weather forecast. I'm going to have big hair.

I gained back some of the weight I lost thanks to the boyfriend-chef. :grumpy:

What's the weather supposed to be like? Also, I think I gained 10lbs at the cabin this weekend, so I feel your pain.

What's the weather supposed to be like? Also, I think I gained 10lbs at the cabin this weekend, so I feel your pain.

I've been seeing forecasts saying 40% chance of rain both days until this morning and now I see mostly cloudy which is okay. Rainy shows make me very grumpy.

and now I have a feeling she thinks there's something wrong with me :slant:

This was her first clue?

How did this get ignored????

That's awesome!

I was waiting for confirmation before giving the :yippie:

Thanks! I'd chalk it down as a 99% chance right now. If it weren't for this, I probably wouldn't be going, so I'm glad. Not only that, but it renews my interest in Shuttlecock amidst the Beatles remasters. I've listened to The White Album about 10 times in the past 2 days.

And I got my power cord, which means I may be ready to Horde it up again soon... depending on whether or not my room's internet doesn't want to be a douchenozzle again.

Thanks! I'd chalk it down as a 99% chance right now. If it weren't for this, I probably wouldn't be going, so I'm glad.

Well then I don't think a :yippie: would be premature. :fingerscrossed:

I'll take as many
yippie2.gif
as possible. It's a smiley that's gone full retard.

I cannot wait to possess the fucking remasters.

I might put off listening to them until my road trip west.

Good luck. Holy shit. Seriously, the first disc of The White Album could be my favorite slice of Beatles goodness besides the always solid 2nd half of Abbey Road.

The Hipster Thief was nice enough to hook me up with them, but I've got my mom getting the post-Help! albums from Target tomorrow hopefully.

And I got my power cord, which means I may be ready to Horde it up again soon... depending on whether or not my room's internet doesn't want to be a douchenozzle again.

yayz

That's good news about the concerto ticketos, LeMaCaTTaQ.

Have you heard the Stereo or Mono versions, LeMaC?

I guess I'll buy the remasters tomorrow, as I assume they'll be on sale, but I probably won't hear them until after the Chicago-U2-a-thon.

Thanks. Scumbo, are you ready for the future FSU/BYU stompdown? That should be a great game.

The stereo remasters. I don't know a lot about the technical differences between stereo/mono and what goes into the remasters, but the whole catalogue certainly sounds a lot crisper and you can hear the separation of instruments and shit pretty well. Having the CDs in hand are always better, but this is a welcome substitute for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom