Shuttlecock XXV: Praying for Bono's Ball Circulation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You had. I was just joking since it obviously wasn't a big deal to either of you, so I was trying to make it seem as if you both hated each other now.

Sorry, that was meant as a response to martha and her comment about picturing me being all ragey after meeting me. I knew you were kidding!

I got to see a U2 tribute band recently and they played Stand Up Comedy. I thought it might be the only time I'd here it live :)

\random

Now I have to go out in the heat. I am not happy about this. Mother nature needs an on shore flow and move this heat on outta here. :grumpy:

Whoa whoa whoa!!! Everyone just calm it down. Too much fighting, too many personal attacks. Seeing BoMac lose his shit like that chilled me to the bone. And Cori's response, which was tantamount to challenging BoMac to a fight scared me. Just, wow, everyone, come on....love one another.

You tryin' to start something with me too, NSW? You want a piece of my inappropriate rage?

I don't want to hear Stand Up Comedy at any show I'm attending either. Other places I don't want to hear it are: on my iPod, a CD in my car, over the radio in a store, at a party, or coming from someone's car in a venue parking lot. Just so everyone's clear. Are we clear?

I don't want to hear Stand Up Comedy at any show I'm attending either. Other places I don't want to hear it are: on my iPod, a CD in my car, over the radio in a store, at a party, or coming from someone's car in a venue parking lot. Just so everyone's clear. Are we clear?

I'm with you, regardless of BoMac's completely valid point. U2's worst song in ages, in my opinion.

Thanks so much for linking to the CTA site in the Chicago thread - that is going to make me so much less stressed about navigating my way through the city. :)

I'm with you, regardless of BoMac's completely valid point. U2's worst song in ages, in my opinion.

:hi5:

It's also true that there are songs that I didn't really like until I heard them live - that is indeed a valid point. I'm not at all convinced that this might be one of those songs. Usually it's a song that I kind of dismissed rather than one I actively hated.

I might like to hear cori and/or her cat singing it, though. A duet, perhaps.

Might we get that link here? "Chicago thread" sounds overwhelming to me. All those people I don't know and all. :uhoh:

Would you listen to it in a box? Would you listen to it with a fox?

Might we get that link here? "Chicago thread" sounds overwhelming to me. All those people I don't know and all. :uhoh:

Deprecated Browser Error (ignore the weird name - the link is right)

Feel free to browse the site while singing old-school Chicago songs. I'm partial to "Feelin' Stronger Every Day" and "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is" ... particularly the spectacular background vocals.

"IIIIII knooooow ...... caaaaaaaaaaaare! ABOUT TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!!!! .... oh nooooooooo!"

I'm so happy right now - I confirmed Friday dinner plans with some old-school internet friends (from my X-Files fandom days) in Chicago that I've known for years but have never gotten to meet in person.

YAY!

So... fellow Chicago-bound Shuttlecockers: anyone have dinner plans for Friday night yet (edit: besides Cori :mad: )? Having never been to Chicago, but knowing it's got a good reputation for good eats, I feel the need to find a foodie-approved place to go. Any recommendations? Anyone wanna join in?

You guys can't do anything all fun and junk without me. You have to sit around in your hotel rooms and wait until I'm back. :(

Diemen - did we ever suss out if we were at the same hotel or not? I can't remember if you ended up booking that travel package.

So... fellow Chicago-bound Shuttlecockers: anyone have dinner plans for Friday night yet (edit: besides Cori :mad: )? Having never been to Chicago, but knowing it's got a good reputation for good eats, I feel the need to find a foodie-approved place to go. Any recommendations? Anyone wanna join in?

I'm in.

Also, since I have no present plans other than the 2 concerts, I'm in for absolutely any other ideas anyone has from Friday until I leave on Monday.

I actually have been listening to some of Sufjan Stevens' Illinoise album lately, so that I'll know what to expect in Chicago. :wink:

I'm going to feel weird calling some of you by your real names initially.

I think right now the only big chunk of time I have wide open is Sunday, where I only have the following on the agenda:

Late Afternoon: Show up in line
Evening: Rock out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom