Shuttlecock XXV: Praying for Bono's Ball Circulation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't even considered how I'm getting from the airport to the hotel, let alone planned anything outside of going to the concerts.

Procrastination FTW!

I just kind of assumed there'd be public transit options available, though you've prompted me to take a look now. A quick transitchicago.com check shows that we should take the subway blue line towards forest park and get off at Clark/Lake and then walk 2 blocks.

from: o'hare airport to: 171 west randolph, chicago, il - Google Maps

Fuck me, that's 3 days away.

:hyper:

ha, i know what you mean. i was looking up how to get to someplace in the chicago area, and i just assumed there would be public transportation to get there easily. :reject:

i don't think there is :shh:

I guess the trick will be knowing how to spot Utahian Justice when it is standing before you.

I guess the trick will be knowing how to spot Utahian Justice when it is standing before you.

It's usually pretty obvious...

missionaries_080705.jpg

one thing i've learned is they do not make airports easy to walk out of! it's an ugly walk from the terminals at lax to the in-n-out.

I have always thought about that parking spot shuttle...but, like you, have figured the flight and the stuff I was about to shove in my mouth was well worth a walk. :up:

How's school, Leah?

Suuuuucks. Have I mentioned how much I hate US History? yeah, these kids are getting a fun version of it. :happy: I'm teaching an AP and honors section this year and it's kicking my ass.

Not to mention I have parent-teacher conferences on Thursday night and Friday afternoon.

At least I have nice kids this year.

I hope you're enjoying your last weeks in Chicago.

Suuuuucks. Have I mentioned how much I hate US History? yeah, these kids are getting a fun version of it. :happy: I'm teaching an AP and honors section this year and it's kicking my ass.

Not to mention I have parent-teacher conferences on Thursday night and Friday afternoon.

At least I have nice kids this year.

I hope you're enjoying your last weeks in Chicago.

You love history.

Sorry that it sucks so far. Rust, maybe, and the shock of summer being over?

I'm making the most of my last weeks, thanks. Have actually said "yes" to people asking me to hang out before I split....have 3 concerts....going away party itself.....still need to hit the Shedd....and of course work is hectic with FB starting....but, I feel like I'm leaving on a high note personally and professionally, and that makes me feel good about things.

I do love history but I loathe the textbook we are using. It's biased and flowery and I'd rather be talking about the 7 Years War than the French and Indian War. I am using my US classes as a recruiting base to get back my section of AP European History.

Leaving on a high note is what it's all about. It sounds like a good couple of weeks. :up: I love going to the Shedd on days like today.

I do love history but I loathe the textbook we are using. It's biased and flowery and I'd rather be talking about the 7 Years War than the French and Indian War. I am using my US classes as a recruiting base to get back my section of AP European History.

Leaving on a high note is what it's all about. It sounds like a good couple of weeks. :up: I love going to the Shedd on days like today.

I've yet to visit the Shedd, have hit most of the other museums and such.

I know that you love history, and do not blame you for wanting to focus on eras and events other than what's in the textbook.

And, yeah, should be a great couple of weeks followed by a great drive out to the Bay Area....and then a whole new chapter begins. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom