Shuttlecock XXIX: You Snooze, You Get a Boring Thread Title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing - they're not big rock and roll fans at all. I know my dad said "Wow, I really like this" when I played my 45 of WOWY on our brand new stereo, but I don't think they could name any of their songs.

Which is why I was so surprised that they actually sounded excited about the prospect of going with me. I think they mainly just want to see what the fuss is about and see what's gotten me so obsessed for so many years.

Went to the doctor's office today wearing my U2 tour shirt. Doc asked if I went to the show. He asked if I went to the Rose Bowl, and I said yes. He said he went to the Vegas show, and already had tickets for the two Anaheim shows in June 2010. :heart:

\random

My father doesn't listen to music at all, so I can relate. Although I could never convince him to spend money to go to a concert even if he did.

I saw Springsteen with my Mom once. She was born in Jersey and went to high school in the Philly area during the 70s, so she's a big fan. I knew more lyrics than her, though. Take that, Mom!

I think the last concert by any sort of "pop" act was Michael Buble a few years ago. She was all over that like white on rice!

The folks said they'd pay for their tickets, but I might make it my treat. I can spring for a couple extra $33 tickets, especially if I can crash in the RV with them and don't have to spring for a hotel!

The Philly show will be my fourth concert ever.

State College needs to get some high quality indie acts into State Theater. ASAP!

I think last I heard you said you were planning on going - hope the above post means you got your tickets! It's about time you got the chance to see a U2 show. :)

So there's a slight possibility that I may be going to the Minneapolis concert. :hmm:

In more exciting news, I've got a stack of sheet music ready and I'm about to leave to go to the piano store again. I just may come home the owner of this lovely new piano:

UH118R-600x500.jpg

:hyper:

i'll probably try to get tickets to Chicago. maybe around January or February, i'll post something in "what do you have" forum.

I think last I heard you said you were planning on going - hope the above post means you got your tickets! It's about time you got the chance to see a U2 show. :)

I don't physically have the tickets, but I e-mailed my father's friend and he confirmed that he's planning to purchase them. He's one of those guys who has all the connections, so I have no doubt that I'll be there. Not sure where the seats will be yet.

THE 2!

So there's a slight possibility that I may be going to the Minneapolis concert. :hmm:

In more exciting news, I've got a stack of sheet music ready and I'm about to leave to go to the piano store again. I just may come home the owner of this lovely new piano:

I really, really want to learn how to play the piano.

My problem is the lack of piano/keyboard, not a lack of interest. I have taught myself one song on piano (Videotape by Radiohead), but want to actually learn how to play. I taught myself guitar, so I figured if I get a piano, I can teach myself that too.

Very nice piano there Diemen! Congrats! I have many U2 books here, as well as Beatles ones. The piano we have is not the best, but it's something we got when I was like 5 years old. My sister wanted to learn to play the theme from Romeo & Juliet back in 1969, and so Mom & Dad got a piano. And it's been in my house since '93. :)

Heh. Don't mention it.

So this is what I ended up with:
UH121R-600x500.jpg

Except in ebony polish. I cannot. freaking. WAIT! :hyper: I'm almost tempted to cancel my Thursday dinner plans with my girlfriend so I can spend the evening getting to know my new friend. :love:

Pfan, I am selling my digital piano now... but seriously, I'm sure your school has some beginning piano courses you could sign up for. Or maybe even some piano education majors in need of students for lessons. You might even be able to talk to someone and get access to the practice rooms even if you don't sign up for classes.

Because of that? Nah. Now, if I had the coin to drop on the drop-dead-gorgeous, incredibly rare, entirely hand-made 9' Steingraeber concert grand (that can be yours for the paltry sum of $200,000, or your soul) the piano shop owner also let me play? Yeah, I'd totally be an elitist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom