Shuttlecock XXIII: Shit Pants, Move to Trash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the car thing worked like a charm with me, even when I was a tad older. I always was a sucker for the combination of music and changing scenery and such. No shock that I love music and travel so much to this very day.

I like other people's babies most of the time. Our department's manager had his wife and 11-month old come in for lunch on Thursday, and the baby was entertaining all of us. SO CUTE. She liked me - most babies do. I think it's because I excel at making goofy, exaggerated faces at them.

I am happy to report that as darling as she was, my ovaries and uterus did not start sending me biological text messages. Whew! Safe again.

Thanks for the validation on the friend dilemma, martha and Diemen. I hope she takes my email in the way it was intended.

In other news: :) :) :) :) Date night = yay.

before no line on the horizon i thought electrical storm was practically the only worthwhile song from this decade.

It's definitely one of my favorites from the decade as well. Then again, I wish they would have just released the supposed "chill out" album they completed during the All That You Can't Leave Behind sessions that was supposedly in the vein of Stateless, Ground Beneath, Levitate, etc. I figure I like Electrical Storm because it fits in well with those as well.

I hate my mother. I'm 24 goddamn years old and I'm sick of her controlling my life. I can't take it anymore.

Starting to lay down the boundaries with your mom isn't easy. But it sounds like maybe that's what you're up against. :hug:

I bought way too many CDs this weekend. But it had been awhile since I splurged, so that felt good.

Apparently Electrical Storm popped its head into the setlist today. I wonder if it'll sound any different from the first few shows - maybe they took it out to try and make it better.

I talked to my mom yesterday about going down to Phoenix to meet someone from Interference for the Green Day show. And at first, she acted like it'd be fine. I explained that I knew Maryann as well as anyone really can over the internet, told her that we've spoken on the phone, that I trust her and that I have a good feeling about going down there. And...God... she seems cool with it, but then all of a sudden it's, "You're an adult and I can't stop you," but here's all these reasons why I shouldn't go. Well, goddamn it, last year she went off to fucking Atlanta, leaving me with my brother for a whole week to meet one of her friends from her Clay Aiken fan board, thinking of uprooting our whole lives and moving us down there. She even interviewed for jobs. For Christ's sake, I'm only asking to go down for one night to see a concert and come back the next day, probably even having to go straight to work when I get back cause I can't get that Sunday off.

Then she says that since we're looking into buying a new house--just looking into it. No papers have been signed, hell, we haven't even been pre-qualified for a fucking loan yet and she goes, "Making a big purchase like that doesn't look good when they go to check the numbers." It's, at most, going to be about $375. Plane ticket, motel, concert ticket. She's blown more than that recently on new furniture for the house we have, and buying a new TV. Sure, she put it all on credit, but how is that going to look? Never mind that I can easily spend $375 and still put some in savings and pay all my bills, including rent that I have to pay her, and some of her bills. Plus, where she wants to move, there's no yard. It's a condo complex. Meaning I have to get rid of my puppy. I don't want to get rid of him. And the thing is, because I'd be a first-time home buyer, she wants to use my credit to buy the house on my own, so we can get tax credits and stuff and she's telling me how to manage my money. I'm not ready for that kind of responsibility. What if something happens to her? I can't afford a house, my car, and to take care of my brother by myself.

/rant

So I guess I'm not going. Fuck.

I feel like she's making me choose between doing something solely for myself and doing something good for the family. I don't like being in this position.

If I'm playing for it and I'm only going to be gone one night, I don't see why she cares so much other than she doesn't want to be left alone with Riley. I swear sometimes she forgets that the kid is my brother, not my son.

I would love to be able to say that to her, but she's resentful and I would never hear the end of it, whether I go or not.

Mom, I appreciate your concern, but I'm 24 years old and capable of making my own decisions, athankyaverymuch.

THIS↑

You should go to the concert. As martha said, MaryAnn is trustworthy from what I've heard about her (zuropa_fit, for cori). And do NOT go into a major purchase of buying a house or condo or car for your mother. You are 24 and can make decisions for yourself. You are not your brother's keeper. She is supposed to be the responsible party here.

Thank you, everyone. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it this way. She had me thinking I was the most selfish bitch who ever existed.

I would love to be able to say that to her, but she's resentful and I would never hear the end of it, whether I go or not.

Well, what's better? Constantly having to live up to mom's expectations, or letting her be resentful for a while as you set out the boundaries of an adult life? Unless you make the first move, she's never going to a)expect you to make that move and b)learn to respect that move and eventually give you the space you want. It's going to be tough at first, but big changes are rarely easy. :)

Well, what's better? Constantly having to live up to mom's expectations, or letting her be resentful for a while as you set out the boundaries of an adult life? Unless you make the first move, she's never going to a)expect you to make that move and b)learn to respect that move and eventually give you the space you want. It's going to be tough at first, but big changes are rarely easy. :)

Yeah, I think it's time to stand up for myself.

It's definitely one of my favorites from the decade as well. Then again, I wish they would have just released the supposed "chill out" album they completed during the All That You Can't Leave Behind sessions that was supposedly in the vein of Stateless, Ground Beneath, Levitate, etc. I figure I like Electrical Storm because it fits in well with those as well.

that album would definitely have suited me.

meanwhile, i see they've been reading up on interference and played electrical storm again. i approve :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom