Shuttlecock XXII: Summer of Laz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that, and it was interesting... but it's odd for them to talk about how U2 confronted the fans with uncomfortable images about the reality of America today, and how MacPhisto addressed many of the issues regarding the border and blah blah blah... but OMG they're too subtle cause Bono didn't call Trump an asshole from stage.

Like... I get not everyone is a fan of the word compromise around here. But I don't think confronting American crowds with these images and presenting them with alternative images is a bad thing.

Yeah. Also, all the messages U2 are 'showing' during their show in general are too subtle. But that one time Bruce Springsteen said something before playing a different song (The Ghost Of Tom Joad) from his usual Broadway setlist or that one time someone from Drive-By Truckers said something in some magazine does count as being outspoken!
The whole article comes off a bit like looking for a stick to hit the band, only because the band hasn't set themselves on fire.

We looked at this map of human sexuality in a grad school class I'm taking and there was one activity that stood out to me: IMG_1785.JPG

If the moonlight caught you crying on Urban Dictionary Bay

Original Soundtracks 2 will be entirely for snuff films that don't exist.

I looked up what some things on the map that I didn't know...some things are better left unknown

The new episode of the talking U2 to me Adam Scott/Scott Aukerman podcast has an interview with Bono and and Edge from the MSG show. The interview begins at 37 minutes in.

I hope one of the questions is “why did you play us all those really good unreleased songs and then delay the fucking album?”

:confused:
Which unreleased songs (and subsequent album) are you talking about?
You mean playing 'Little Things' on the JT30 Tour and then the SoE album?

:confused:
Which unreleased songs (and subsequent album) are you talking about?
You mean playing 'Little Things' on the JT30 Tour and then the SoE album?
They played a bunch of songs for the people who will the podcast during the NYC stand of the i/e tour.

Fun fact, Adam and Edge left that podcast recording and came to the Unforgettable Fire show at Cutting Room.

They played a bunch of songs for the people who will the podcast during the NYC stand of the i/e tour.

Fun fact, Adam and Edge left that podcast recording and came to the Unforgettable Fire show at Cutting Room.

Ah, that occasion. Thanks for refreshing my memory about that. Yeah, so they heard new songs in 2015. Good call.

And why do you suddenly start about that Unforgettable Fire show? :sexywink:

Bless Scott & Scott for pushing them so hard on Pop, not only about playing more of its songs live, but doing some kind of reissue. At first Bono & Edge were like "ehhhh" but then they really seemed to be surprised at how effusively the guys were praising it (particularly Discotheque), and finally Bono says he'd like to start playing Last Night On Earth in the show and tells Edge to "make it happen". :amen:

It also sounded a lot like Summer Of Love and Red Flag Day are very likely to be in the European setlists, the question remains what's going to be dropped for it. I'd say The Blackout and Love Is Bigger are 100% not going anywhere. Normally the singles are untouchable but Get Out and American Soul are so centered around the USA they really do seem like the best candidates.

Lights of Home is probably too intertwined with the narrative to get the axe.

Another possibility is that Staring At The Sun acoustic gets switched out for an acoustic Summer of Love.

Lastly, the FUCKING T-SHIRTS.

Bless Scott & Scott for pushing them so hard on Pop, not only about playing more of its songs live, but doing some kind of reissue. At first Bono & Edge were like "ehhhh" but then they really seemed to be surprised at how effusively the guys were praising it (particularly Discotheque), and finally Bono says he'd like to start playing Last Night On Earth in the show and tells Edge to "make it happen". :amen:

I think that Discothèque and Last Night On Earth are good alternatives for Elevation and Vertigo on this show. OK, LNOE does not rock as hard as Vertigo from the start, but its chorus sure does. I think it could work (Discothèque + Vertigo one night, Elevation + LNOE the other night).

I gave up on that podcast, after listening to probably eight episodes, because I grew tired of having listen to them bullshit with each other for an hour and a half(or what felt like an hour and a half) before they actually started talking about U2.

I gave up on that podcast, after listening to probably eight episodes, because I grew tired of having listen to them bullshit with each other for an hour and a half(or what felt like an hour and a half) before they actually started talking about U2.

Is this an episode of “You’re Being Fucking Rude”?

Is this an episode of "You Missed the Point"?

That's the same reason I didn't listen to many episodes. Same reason I gave up on My Favorite Murder. I am listening because I want to hear what they have to say about the actual topic, not what they had for dinner last night.

I don't want 40 minutes of chit chat and 20 minutes of whatever murder they were discussing.

I'm not really a podcast person, though. I'd rather listen to music on my commute or when puttering around the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom