Shuttlecock XXI: Laz is Bigger Than Anyone in His Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So tonight
they cut both Raised By Wolves and Red Flag Day and replaced them with... nothing. :|

And yet, it still managed to be a great show. :) There are definitely some pacing issues, and the overall feel is more introspective and darker than a typical U2 gig, but it still got to that place of spiritual and emotional uplift that U2 does so well.

Okay, I was really hoping to hear Red Flag Day. But I hadn’t been following set lists, and was honestly surprised by Gloria. And Acrobat is fucking fantastic live. That e-stage set was my favorite section of the concert.

That said, I really missed the cathartic release of Streets. I get why they’re not playing it, but this was the first U2 show for a couple friends of mine, and I can’t help but feel sorry that they missed out on that quintessential U2 experience.

This one was a TV stand and a bookcase and it was taking up entirely too much room in my tiny apartment. Quality of life has greatly improved without it. I bought a replacement, it's just in storage, because hopefully we're moving soon and I don't feel like building any more furniture until we do.

Ok. I rescind my disapproval.

Axver. I really fucking love U2gigs. LMFAO. U2 snippeted I'm Like a Bird during Elevation, I just discovered, once. And it's terrrrrible.

I'm guessing this was because Nelly Furtado opened a few shows on the tour, if memory serves she may have been filling in dates another act couldn't do?

And yet, it still managed to be a great show. :) There are definitely some pacing issues, and the overall feel is more introspective and darker than a typical U2 gig, but it still got to that place of spiritual and emotional uplift that U2 does so well.

Okay, I was really hoping to hear Red Flag Day. But I hadn’t been following set lists, and was honestly surprised by Gloria. And Acrobat is fucking fantastic live. That e-stage set was my favorite section of the concert.

That said, I really missed the cathartic release of Streets. I get why they’re not playing it, but this was the first U2 show for a couple friends of mine, and I can’t help but feel sorry that they missed out on that quintessential U2 experience.
Sweet, I didn't realize any of "us" were at the show. Glad you had a great time! Your experience is similar to mine: are setlist things disappointing? Sure. Is the show? Hell no.

Thanks namkcuR and Ax for the answers. I’m still frustrated at the lack of Do You Feel Loved? 20 years later.

I just rewatched the Vegas version. It's so awkward and uncomfortable. Maybe they still have nightmares about it.

I'm guessing this was because Nelly Furtado opened a few shows on the tour, if memory serves she may have been filling in dates another act couldn't do?

She was filling in for PJ Harvey. I was at one of the Nelly Furtado shows (Atlanta), and it was disappointing to see her rather than Polly Jean. The sound quality of her set was also terrible.

Let me reiterate that it's totally BS that people at the shows are these legendary casual fans that don't know the songs. My section night 2 was pretty flat the entire night and no one more so than the guy sitting next to me.

Until they played
SATS
THEN suddenly he was all into the show. He stayed more interested from then on, but he and his group did leave at the encore.

The fact that these people exist, and go to the shows, when ticket prices are what they are is what’s craziest to me. That goes for any large scale band where you’re shelling out over 100 dollars plus an extra 30 or so in fees, parking/transportation, and overpriced piss water beers. I’m inclined to ask jokingly where do they work and whether they’re hiring, but even if I made 100k a year I’d still think twice before dropping that kind of coin for a night out to go see a band who I really only know from their radio hits over the years.

The fact that these people exist, and go to the shows, when ticket prices are what they are is what’s craziest to me. That goes for any large scale band where you’re shelling out over 100 dollars plus an extra 30 or so in fees, parking/transportation, and overpriced piss water beers. I’m inclined to ask jokingly where do they work and whether they’re hiring, but even if I made 100k a year I’d still think twice before dropping that kind of coin for a night out to go see a band who I really only know from their radio hits over the years.
Everyone in a seat by me bought their tickets after the price drop, because almost the whole row was available when I bought mine, so they paid $62 a ticket after fees. I actually said something to Martha's neice about this before the show, as we were in the same section, that I wondered if our group would be lame, since so many must've bought the price dropped tickets... I was semi-right.

Is this going to be the subject of our tiebreaker fight?

You're on.

I'm late on this but big congrats to Ashley and LeMel! You'll be great parents and the kid will be super cool. I'm just hoping they take after their father instead of their mother when it comes to choosing a favorite NFL team ;)

And I wasn't fucking talking to either of you wankers. Stay the hell out of my heartfelt congratulations post to Trashley, you annoying fucks.

Everyone in a seat by me bought their tickets after the price drop, because almost the whole row was available when I bought mine, so they paid $62 a ticket after fees. I actually said something to Martha's neice about this before the show, as we were in the same section, that I wondered if our group would be lame, since so many must've bought the price dropped tickets... I was semi-right.

Ah ok. I didn’t know the prices dropped, I was basing this off some admittedly sting-ish assumptions comparing what I spent in 2005 + vague ideas about inflation.

Fine, we'll flog your arse on whatever sporting field you care to name.

But violence is the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom